Solid Hit Soul Club London 3Rd December 2010

Shsdave

Big thanks to everyone who came down in October & a massive thanks to Ted Massey for stepping into the gap at the very last minute after Andy Killick had to pull out through illness. Another brilliant night with a good mixture of old & (Lots of ) young.

Fantastic atmosphere Fantastic music, couldn't ask for more .except another hour or two :yes: Brilliant set from Ted & although people were disappointed at Andys absence Ted has very quickly become a big favourite at Solid Hit, see you in 2011 mate :(

Last Solid Hit of 2010 coming up & already a few travellers have booked their hotel so lets hope we finish the year as we started, a packed club full of smiling happy friendly soulies all looking to dance / listen to true underplayed / semi known 60s Northern :D

Hope to see you there :(

Dave

• Replies 44
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest CapitolSC

How are you going to equal or even surpass the last one Dave?......t' was a top top night. Have you finalised your December guest DJ?

The usual party from WGC will be there as early as possible....

I agree it was a fabulous night indeed :ohmy:

We have already booked everything way in advance for this one and Stuart has just brought a corker of a tune :D to add to his box.

Looking so forward to it as always biggrin.gif

Edited by CapitolSC

How are you going to equal or even surpass the last one Dave?......t' was a top top night. Have you finalised your December guest DJ?

The usual party from WGC will be there as early as possible....

No Idea Martin, it certainly was a goodie but without trying to blow the Solid Hit trumpet too loudly, every night at the Shooting Star for almost 2 years have been very good musically & attendance wise with a great atmosphere. Of course thats probably put the kybosh on the whole night now :thumbsup: (what is a kybosh?)

Look forward to seeing the WGC turnout & rest assured you haven't a chance in hell of hearing that emperors new clothes we were talking about mate :yes::thumbsup:

Edited by SHSDave

No Idea Martin, it certainly was a goodie but without trying to blow the Solid Hit trumpet too loudly, every night at the Shooting Star for almost 2 years have been very good musically & attendance wise with a great atmosphere. Of course thats probably put the kybosh on the whole night now :thumbsup: (what is a kybosh?)

Look forward to seeing the WGC turnout & rest assured you haven't a chance in hell of hearing that emperors new clothes we were talking about mate :yes::thumbsup:

Noted.....

Edited by Rbman

Will be there and will bring my records too. Looking forward very very much!!!

Nice one Dave, look forward to seeing you at Solid Hit Again :rolleyes:

All vinyl hounds coming along will be spoilt for choice with Daves boxes as well as Mr Parkers legendary boxes of records at very cheap prices :thumbup:

Not forgetting that there's a pretty bloody good night of music ahead :lol: :lol:

Guest CapitolSC

Missed the last Solid Hit

so really looking forward to this one

and meeting up with Sharnya and Stuart.

Should be there by 10ish

c ya there

Al H :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing you so much too Alan, can't wait thumbsup.gifyes.gifbiggrin.gif

And seeing you next year Ted after the stormer of sets you did the last couple of SHS nights hatsoff2.gifsx

Guest Pete Bennett

Hi Dave, another goodie in store and, of course, as it is the Cristmas bash Mrs Christmas will be in attendance smile.gif

A reminder from last year - Not sure who the interlopers are :thumbsup:

post-2322-0-51196800-1291107849_thumb.jp

Guest BintofSoul

It's always a pleasure Binty even tho' you've planned to miss my spot sad.gif XXX

Aw Matey I may not be able to get there if the snow is bad :no: . I will be most disappointed if I can't, especially as It will mean I won't be able to get my pressie from you until the New Year :thumbsup: !

Aw Matey I may not be able to get there if the snow is bad :yes: . I will be most disappointed if I can't, especially as It will mean I won't be able to get my pressie from you until the New Year :P !

Hah now where did I read that

Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; ?

So little girls actually are made of Sugar & Spice :no::lol::thumbsup:

Come on Binty lets see some of that Yorkshire Courage,determination, toughness etc. otherwise you'll have to change your signature thumbsup.gif

Your pressie won't keep until New Year anyway :lol:

Hope you can make it

XXXXX

Guest soulmanherts

Hi Dave, another goodie in store and, of course, as it is the Cristmas bash Mrs Christmas will be in attendance :no:

A reminder from last year - Not sure who the interlopers are g.gif

Some drunken Bums from Herts i guess :thumbsup:

Guest BintofSoul

Anything less worse than a volcanic eruption is not a valid reason not to come down. Snow ain`t stopping me that`s for sure!

Ha Ha :yes: ! I live 8 miles from the nearest train station so I may not get past my front door, that's the problem , oh and of course the trains not running to getme home because there is a snowflake on the track! Maybe I'll dig my Vespa out of the garage :) !

Binty XXX

Ha Ha :thumbsup: ! I live 8 miles from the nearest train station so I may not get past my front door, that's the problem , oh and of course the trains not running to getme home because there is a snowflake on the track! Maybe I'll dig my Vespa out of the garage :thumbsup: !

Binty XXX

I don't know if they do this in pink but might be best option......

post-1897-0-02034700-1291146916_thumb.jp

Ha Ha :thumbsup: ! I live 8 miles from the nearest train station so I may not get past my front door, that's the problem , oh and of course the trains not running to getme home because there is a snowflake on the track! Maybe I'll dig my Vespa out of the garage :thumbsup: !

Binty XXX

Tsk...whatever happened to that spirit that saw all Yorkies tramping 10 miles barefoot to school & 10 miles back stopping off for a quick shift down t' pit before bread & dripping for tea & a bloody good flogging before bed ?

or you could try Martins snowmobile :thumbsup:

Hi Dave, another goodie in store and, of course, as it is the Cristmas bash Mrs Christmas will be in attendance :)

A reminder from last year - Not sure who the interlopers are :g:

Ah yes the annual appearence of Mrs Christmas :wub:blush.gif:hatsoff2: .....................what interlopers ?

See you friday Pete ........ no snow in Central London & City & rain is gonna wash the rest away...allegedley :thumbsup:

All systems go ! beer.gif Piss up & party beer.gif

Guest BintofSoul

Tsk...whatever happened to that spirit that saw all Yorkies tramping 10 miles barefoot to school & 10 miles back stopping off for a quick shift down t' pit before bread & dripping for tea & a bloody good flogging before bed ?

or you could try Martins snowmobile :)

I'm a complete wuss when it comes to the cold and potentially getting stranded in London! If I can, I'll be there. I'm really looking forward to the Italian beforehand :P ! M get that snow mobile started :rolleyes: !

Joining the DJ mob this month will be Solid Hits Super Sub Jon Downs

Jon has stepped in a few times over the last few years to play a set for us & he never fails to deliver the goods :rolleyes: Some outstanding sounds in his box & looking forward to hearing Jon @ Solid Hit once again

Joining the DJ mob this month will be Solid Hits Super Sub Jon Downs

Jon has stepped in a few times over the last few years to play a set for us & he never fails to deliver the goods :rolleyes: Some outstanding sounds in his box & looking forward to hearing Jon @ Solid Hit once again

See you tonight Dave.....looking forward to it :D

ATB

Jon

Bloody snow! Was really looking forward to tonight :lol: Trains up the creak so having to take today off!

Hope you have a great night :lol::rolleyes:

Which train is up which creek Stubbsy ? That would be the South Woodham Flyer I assume.

The Rayleigh Pullman service was tip top this morning getting to Liverpool St 10 minutes ahead of schedule,

You get those slippers on your feet John and keep tha' self warm :D

I'll make sure Essex is represented and have a most enjoyable pint or 3 :lol:

Taff

(p.s. John before you go nuclear, yes I agree the trains were dire this morning :( )

Which train is up which creek Stubbsy ? That would be the South Woodham Flyer I assume.

The Rayleigh Pullman service was tip top this morning getting to Liverpool St 10 minutes ahead of schedule,

You get those slippers on your feet John and keep tha' self warm :D

I'll make sure Essex is represented and have a most enjoyable pint or 3 :lol:

Taff

(p.s. John before you go nuclear, yes I agree the trains were dire this morning :lol: )

See you later Taff & everybody else who's coming tonight....those who are snowbound hope to see you 18th Feb for our 1st Solid Hit of 2011

Thanks to everybody including all of our brilliant guests & all of our long distance travellers for your fantastic support over the last 12 months, another fantastic year of Soul Nights @ Solid Hit. Tremendous music, packed nights & tremendous atmosphere, lots of youngsters who are really into it mixing with the "slightly elder" with everybody just getting on with having a great time :(

We've got some great guests lined up for next year guaranteed to keep the standard high so keep a check on our website for all our dates for next year, thanks again :rolleyes::lol:

Dave

Guest CapitolSC

Wishing you an amazing night tonight, best soul club in London or UK.

So sorry we can not make it frusty2.gif, for those of you that know us you know how much this means to us and we are so sorry we can not make it to see our freinds and play tunes, even Stuarts new Ted Wislon track, which was for all of us. So we have re booked our flights and to see you in Feb 2011 or before.yes.gif sx Rock'on!!

Edited by CapitolSC

Have a great night Dave. See you in the new year.

Binty XXXX

Thank you Binty, you are the love of my early saturday morning :yes: but oh what a night. I was prepared because of the appalling weather, for a quiet night..... Just how wrong can you be? Should stick this in lookbacks so won't say much except missing loads of regulars but still plenty of regs there who were joined by loads of youngsters who filled the floor until the bar staff turned the lights on :hatsoff2: What a fantastic night & what a fantastic group of kids (not forgetting the older lot :yes: )

Hope to see you on 18th feb

Edited by SHSDave