The Lost Soul Club - Sheffield - 12Th Dec

Guest Brett F

Guest Brett F

THE LAVA LOUNGE PRESENTS THE 'LOST SOUL' CLUB

CROSSOVER & 70'S MODERN SOUL

ALL ORIGINAL VINYL RECORDS

Resident DJ'S - BRETT FRANKLIN & STEVE MANNION

GUESTS - JOHN BENSON - BRIAN PINCHES - MARK WHITELEY - MARK ETHERIDGE - JAMIE HARTFORD - SHAUN MCPHAIL

SUNDAY 12TH DECEMBER - 1PM - TILL LATE

LAVA LOUNGE 140-144 WEST STREET, SHEFFIELD S1 4ES

FREE ENTRY

LINK TO LAVA LOUNGE PLUS MAP ETC.https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place...471283568371806

FINAL%20LAVA%20LOUNGE%20FLYER.jpg

Edited by Brett F
  • Replies 56
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

Brett, is this a one off or are there plans for more next year? :hatsoff2:

Hi Ian we will be running a series of these through next year, hopefully you can come visit mate.

Cheers Brett

Nice one Brett , how the hell did you manage to drag Jamie out of retirement. :thumbsup:

Kicking and screaming is the honest answer. :yes:

I've got enough to chuck a set together, but certainly not enough not to play on a regular basis. With a fairly open music policy, I can chuck the odd 12" on.

Who knows, Brett might even let me play a few digital-only releases...

Hope you're good, buddy.

J

Kicking and screaming is the honest answer. :yes:

I've got enough to chuck a set together, but certainly not enough not to play on a regular basis. With a fairly open music policy, I can chuck the odd 12" on.

Hope you're good, buddy.

J

Good to hear from you , and have you back again I knew you were ok after seeing piccies of you , Brett , Rich and Mark in Hamburg :thumbsup:

Good to hear from you , and have you back again I knew you were ok after seeing piccies of you , Brett , Rich and Mark in Hamburg :hypo:

Yeah Hamburg was awesome. I was hoping it was gonna be crap, then I wouldn't hanker for going out again.

That man Buckley has a lot to answer for, getting me to commit to the trip. Brett managed to get me out the other week too. I can see me getting into trouble before too long :thumbsup:

Kicking and screaming is the honest answer. :lol:

Hope you're good, buddy.

J

With that in mind & if we surface in time from Saturday @ The Riley Smith Hall looks like its a Sheffield Sunday for us :lol:

Will be coming by train - is the venue far from the station ?

Andy & Denise

Guest Brett F

My link

Hi Andy be great to see you and your good lady, this is link for directions, its easy to jump in cab, about 5 mins, or jump on tram, its right outside station (back side) and only about 4 stops, just get off at ''WEST STREET TRAM STOP. Or use your legs only a short walk.

Cheers Brett

Looks like a nice place to spend a Sunday afternoon Brett :thumbup:

Nice DJ lineup too!

The bar doesn't look too shabby either...It all sounds like the making of a good session doesn't it :lol:

Yep looks great John, nice modern bar, any food on Brett ?:(

and Jamie, no calls to the bar please, dont want to have to bow out early (like a certain pair who shall remain nameless ph34r.gif)

Looking forward :thumbup:

M.:lol:

Guest Brett F

Yep looks great John, nice modern bar, any food on Brett ?:yes:

and Jamie, no calls to the bar please, dont want to have to bow out early (like a certain pair who shall remain nameless :lol:)

Looking forward :ohmy:

M.:thumbsup:

Hi Mark, i did ask my co-partner to field this question as he eats rather more than me...wink.gif But Mr Mannion appears to be busy, no food at the bar Mark so either have a good breakfast or West Street is awash with places to eat... see link below.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=140-144+West+St,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S1+4ES&geocode=CUbCkqAwrohdFRmHLgMdkHjp_yFeaEwUzyDB9Q&q=restaurants&Search=Search

Ps..this is a SOUL EVENT.... Mark.........and you know ' EATINS' CHEATIN'....................................laugh.gif

Good to have you on board mate class tunes assured with that line up.

Brett

Hi Mark, i did ask my co-partner to field this question as he eats rather more than me...wink.gif But Mr Mannion appears to be busy, no food at the bar Mark so either have a good breakfast or West Street is awash with places to eat... see link below.

https://maps.google.c...s&Search=Search

Ps..this is a SOUL EVENT.... Mark.........and you know ' EATINS' CHEATIN'....................................:lol:

Brett

Ah showing your cosmopolitan side eh Brett, all those foreign/continental eaterys just a stones throw away :yes:

and yes I know eatings cheating but I do have my figure to consider, Im sure the Captain will bring a hamper though :lol:

Failing that I will have to remove some choons from the box in order to accomodate a 'pack up':thumbsup:

M.hatsoff2.gif

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?near=140-144+West+St,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S1+4ES&geocode=CUbCkqAwrohdFRmHLgMdkHjp_yFeaEwUzyDB9Q&q=restaurants&Search=Search

Ps..this is a SOUL EVENT.... Mark.........and you know ' EATINS' CHEATIN'....................................laugh.gif

Brett

Oooo Errrr, busy week last week sorry.

As Brett says plenty of good eateries around west street mark. I remember from my excessive days. Looking forward to it and good to see Jamie coming out of retirement

. Is Pike making the trip ?

Brett

Oooo Errrr, busy week last week sorry.

As Brett says plenty of good eateries around west street mark. I remember from my excessive days. Looking forward to it and good to see Jamie coming out of retirement

. Is Pike making the trip ?

Guest Brett F

Hiya Bret :thumbsup:

This looks like it has the makings of a soulfully good event. Kev and I will certainly try and make this if we can.

Vicki :thumbsup:

Hi Vicki be great to see you and Kev down here, the music will be right up your street, and plus what with the weather this coming weekend looks a total no go.. so we are the following Sunday so you will get your soul fix at the Lava Lounge......

Brettthumbsup.gifyes.gif,

Hi Vicki be great to see you and Kev down here, the music will be right up your street, and plus what with the weather this coming weekend looks a total no go.. so we are the following Sunday so you will get your soul fix at the Lava Lounge......

Brettthumbsup.gifyes.gif,

Rumour going round that Shane will be attending Brett. !!

Once out more often than any tom cat in the UK, Mr Higgins now lives the quiet life and no longer needs to hide under the duvet on Sundays.

Be great to see him again, so as well as great music on the day, everyone can relive all his old discarded Chuckle Brothers jokes.

Be like old times and woe betide anyone who tries to name drop with "the man" around :D

GUESTS - JOHN BENSON - BRIAN PINCHES - MARK WHITELEY - MARK ETHERIDGE - JAMIE HARTFORD - SHAUN MCPHAIL

Wow, what a line up, booked Monday off for this one,it's gonna be one hell of a soulful session, see you all there.

Paul & Sue :thumbsup:thumbsup.gif

Edited by PS-Soul

My link

Hi Andy be great to see you and your good lady, this is link for directions, its easy to jump in cab, about 5 mins, or jump on tram, its right outside station (back side) and only about 4 stops, just get off at ''WEST STREET TRAM STOP. Or use your legs only a short walk.

Cheers Brett

[/quoteThanks Brett , ]so lookin forward to this one . hopefuly we may also see some of you the day before at Riley Smith warm-up & main event :yes:

Guest Brett F

Can't wait for this one - hope all the white stuff has gone by then :rolleyes:

Dottie

Hi Dottie, yeah the snow will have gone by next Sunday, and seeing as this weekend is now a virtual no go, so many people not going anywhere because of the snow, then this is a perfect opportunity to have a Christmas get together with some of Yorkshires best soul collectors, there will be just great ORIGINAL SOUL MUSIC and .ALL FOR FREE....yes.gifyes.gif

Brett

Edited by Brett F
Guest Brett F

Wow, what a line up, booked Monday off for this one,it's gonna be one hell of a soulful session, see you all there.

Paul & Sue :rolleyes::D

Hi Paul & Sue, yes what a line up, we went for some of Yorkshires finest and we got them, it will as you say..... ' be one hell of a soulful session'

great to see you there.yes.gif

Brett

Guest Brett F

Hi Andy Bellwood, yeah mate, this is the event for you, quality music all day long and in a great venue, bang in the middle of the fervent atmosphere of West Street Sheffield.

Guest Brett F

Can't wait for this one - hope all the white stuff has gone by then :rolleyes:

Dottie

Hey Dottie, we must be doing something right for the soul scene of Sheffield, you joined this forum 3 and half years ago, and your first post is to support our event....what a girl...thumbsup.gif.

Edited by Brett F

Rumour going round that Shane will be attending Brett. !!

Once out more often than any tom cat in the UK, Mr Higgins now lives the quiet life and no longer needs to hide under the duvet on Sundays.

Be great to see him again, so as well as great music on the day, everyone can relive all his old discarded Chuckle Brothers jokes.

Be like old times and woe betide anyone who tries to name drop with "the man" around :thumbsup:

i will be there steve!

its only a walk down the hill for me. namedropping and backdropping it is then!

ps. i have told a lot of the old northern soul guard to get fully kitted up in the best baggies etc. i hope brett appreciates it.

Hey Dottie, we must be doing something right for the soul scene of Sheffield, you joined this forum 3 and half years ago, and your first post is to support our event....what a girl...thumbsup.gif.

Yea nothing ever really warrented a response but this will be my soul heaven :thumbsup:

This looks a must attend do.Wish the sheff massive every success with this, but really we all know i think it can't fail thumbsup.gif

Really hope to be making this.

Have 2 try and take it easy over the weekend and not crash and burn for sunday.

Be good to see shane again, been a while.

Guest Brett F

Thanks for the shout Sean and Dave, and Mick/Mo be fantastic to see you, it's your sort of music people.

Ps..seeing as i just played Edinburgh's all dayer Sunday and got stuck in the worst road conditions i've ever witnessed (25 hours drive back...yes 25 hours to get back to Sheffield from Edinburgh all in minus 17 degrees temps) it will be a joy to go into my own city centre a mere 20 minutes drive away, this coming Sundaythumbsup.gif

Brett

Edited by Brett F

Thanks for the shout Sean and Dave, and Mick/Mo be fantastic to see you, it's your sort of music people.

Ps..seeing as i just played Edinburgh's all dayer Sunday and got stuck in the worst road conditions i've ever witnessed (25 hours drive back...yes 25 hours to get back to Sheffield from Edinburgh all in minus 17 degrees temps) it will be a joy to go into my own city centre a mere 20 minutes drive away, this coming Sundaythumbsup.gif

Brett

[/quote

JEEZ BRETT, THING YA DO FOR THE LOVE OF THE MUSIC, AM SURE YOU'LL BE WARMED UP SOON ENOUGH ON SUNDAY WITH A FEW JARS OF THE OLD "GOOD FOR YOU" GUINESS, :thumbsup::yes:beer.gifbeer.gif LOL.

SEE YA'S SUN

BRI PINCH

Guest Brett F

Hi guys its a 1pm start and we finish 9pm, so plenty of soul, plus time to get home and have your horlicks..

Brett

See everyone Sunday.....keep Soulin'.

Brett

and a cat miaowing all night to keep u up as well m8 :thumbsup::rolleyes:

have a good one m8 ye played a blinder in edinburgh wont be down as just been diagnosed with shingles FFS :thumbup:

but will be down next year for sure have a good one bro spk soon

davy

Guest Brett F

and a cat miaowing all night to keep u up as well m8 :hatsoff2::rolleyes:

have a good one m8 ye played a blinder in edinburgh wont be down as just been diagnosed with shingles FFS :yes:

but will be down next year for sure have a good one bro spk soon

davy

Hi Davy sorry to hear that news mate, good job i've had chicken pox then, take care kid, speak soon.

Edited by Brett F
Guest Brett F

for some reason Mrs Bellwood is keen to come to this one - must be the thought of another Brett Franklin Experience cd :hatsoff2:

Hi Andy, i'm sure i can sort a CD out, no problem, roll on Sunday, be good to catch up with you and Denise.

Brettthumbsup.gif

THE LAVA LOUNGE PRESENTS THE 'LOST SOUL' CLUB

CROSSOVER & 70'S MODERN SOUL

ALL ORIGINAL VINYL RECORDS

SUNDAY 12TH DECEMBER - 1PM - TILL LATE

LAVA LOUNGE 140-144 WEST STREET, SHEFFIELD S1 4ES

FREE ENTRY

LINK TO LAVA LOUNGE PLUS MAP ETC.https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place...471283568371806

FINAL%20LAVA%20LOUNGE%20FLYER.jpg

Howdo Brett ...good to see you made it back home safe mate :hatsoff2:

Wish this was on a Saturday night ,Sheffs a long way down from the N.east ,and Sunday sessions mean a sore head for work on Monday :thumbsup:

But my good friend ...i wish you guy's well with your new venture ...im sure it will be a great day non the less ,especially with a line up like that :yes:

Seasons greeting, an all that Jazz :thumbsup:

Guest Brett F

Quick weather update for travellers, Sheffield has thawed out and everything is back to normal and running smooth.

See you folks tomorrow....Keep soulin'...