Oxford Soul Club 11 December 2010

It's our FOURTH ANNIVERSARY,

WITH SPECIAL GUEST DJ

JO WALLACE

With resident DJ's Jon Willis, Charlie Mc, Terry O'Hara (Tezz) and Maz.

Oxford Soul Club presents; OUR FOURTH ANNIVERSARY NORTHERN SOUL and MOTOWN NIGHT,

On: SATURDAY 11th DECEMBER, 2010.

At:

THE EMPRESS BALLROOM

ROVER SOCIAL CLUB

Roman Way, (First RIGHT off Horspath Road after leaving Eastern Bypass,)

Cowley,

OXFORD.

OX4 6NL

7:45 pm until 1:00 am.

(Sorry no admission after 10:30)

Ample free parking

cost as last time

£5 o.t.d.

For more info contact:

Steve, Maz and Del

at:-

dcsoxford@aol.com

Feel free to get in touch for directions or just a chat.

Always glad to hear from anyone !!!

or facebook,,,,,,,,,Oxford SoulClub

Missed the first few and a few last year due to illness, where has it gone...

Going to be a great night ....

See you soon

Jon

• Replies 51
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Going to be a fantastic nite as always.Where has the last 4 yrs gone.......:D:thumbsup: xxx

Yes Kat,

It has gone very quickly, with a lot of water gone under the bridge (you know what I mean !!)

The one thing that impresses me over the past time is the amount of very, VERY, good friends we have made.

(and I DO include you and Tezz :rolleyes: )

You know our only policy is that everyone that walks through our door is our friend and is treated as such.

We wouldn't have it any other way.

Right !!! serious head off.

Jon, Richie and I will see you at The Cricketer's Alms on the Friday before

and tell you what a great time we had at Hunstanton!!!!!

See you soon, got to go,,,,,packing for Sunny Hunny !!!!!!

Del.

2 Weeks to go...

Lots of travellers from all over......

A night not to be missed

See you soon

Jon

Just got back from Sunny Hunny,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Uhhhhhhhhh, (great weekend)

Need a rest and re-charging before Oxford,,,,

Thank God the sprung dancefloor is easy on the knees,

It's a pleasure to dance on it.

Maz is winding me up by saying that the balloons will be in evidence again !!!

No chance of me blowing them up, hahahahahahaha

Roll on the 11th.

Del.

Guest soul elite

We have decided not to leave early and go to stoke because the Oxford gig goes from strength to strength we'd rather enjoy the whole nite there, still say its a shame you can't get place until 2am or longer!!

Ps love you too Del :wub: ( and Tezz does aswell):wub:

:lol::D

Guest soul elite

Trying to get up to the pub Friday night depends what time I can get away from work....

Catch you all later

Can't wait, hopefully the first of many great 'warm ups' for the Oxford nite! Hope you manage to get there Jon :):yes: xxx

Guest mellytee

:thumbsup: Where is that bloody Mellytee?? Oxford wouldn't be the same without her there :yes: Come out, come out wherever you are :lamsey: I know you're hiding :thumbsup: haha xxx

:wave: Here I am!!! lol probably didn't recognise me in my new fake gorilla fur coat.....?!Might look a twit but god its warm!

I want to come to The Cricketers on Friday too!But 2 nights in a row at my age ? Might injure myself :D Sounds fab but will definately be over at some point soon. Missed you both lately but cant wait for Oxford do - love that floor and need my mince pie and sweeties :thumbsup: xx

What you going to wear Kat?? Need some inspiration to get me out of jeans and 10 layers of thermals? :thumbsup:

See you 11th xxx

Love Mel

Guest soul elite

:wave: Here I am!!! lol probably didn't recognise me in my new fake gorilla fur coat.....?!Might look a twit but god its warm!

I want to come to The Cricketers on Friday too!But 2 nights in a row at my age ? Might injure myself :D Sounds fab but will definately be over at some point soon. Missed you both lately but cant wait for Oxford do - love that floor and need my mince pie and sweeties :yes: xx

What you going to wear Kat?? Need some inspiration to get me out of jeans and 10 layers of thermals? :wicked:

See you 11th xxx

Love Mel

A sequin ball gown I think...........:lol::boxing::P

seriously I have no bloody idea, whatever fits me that i can dig out, haha.

YES, YOU COULD DO TWO NITE TOGETHER I'M OLDER THAN YOU AND I MANAGE IT :thumbsup::lol:

see you soon, hope you're well xxx

:lol: Here I am!!! lol probably didn't recognise me in my new fake gorilla fur coat.....?!Might look a twit but god its warm!

I want to come to The Cricketers on Friday too!But 2 nights in a row at my age ? Might injure myself :yes: Sounds fab but will definately be over at some point soon. Missed you both lately but cant wait for Oxford do - love that floor and need my mince pie and sweeties :D xx

What you going to wear Kat?? Need some inspiration to get me out of jeans and 10 layers of thermals? :(

See you 11th xxx

Love Mel

Thought that was normally alcohol ????........

Hope your well Mel, see you at Oxford..

Jon

Guest mellytee

Thought that was normally alcohol ????........

Hope your well Mel, see you at Oxford..

Jon

:(How very dare you Jon Willis!!!! I usually ask for at least a meal out first :wicked:Yes looking forward to Oxford and Jo Wallace (and seeing you bunch of dodgy geezers too I 'spose!!! thumbup.gif )Well? Indeed I am! After rough few weeks of woman flu - much worse than man flu obviously - I am fit and ready to party through December. Starting off at Warwick on Friday 3rd, then Oxford sat 11th then the world (ok Oxfordshire) is my oyster!!

See you then Cheeky !!:thumbsup:

Love Mel xxxx

Guest soul elite

:)How very dare you Jon Willis!!!! I usually ask for at least a meal out first :wicked:Yes looking forward to Oxford and Jo Wallace (and seeing you bunch of dodgy geezers too I 'spose!!! thumbup.gif )Well? Indeed I am! After rough few weeks of woman flu - much worse than man flu obviously - I am fit and ready to party through December. Starting off at Warwick on Friday 3rd, then Oxford sat 11th then the world (ok Oxfordshire) is my oyster!!

See you then Cheeky !!innocent.gif

Love Mel xxxx

See you soon in your glittery :D:yes: :yes: evening dress

We have decided not to leave early and go to stoke because the Oxford gig goes from strength to strength we'd rather enjoy the whole nite there, still say its a shame you can't get place until 2am or longer!!

Ps love you too Del :thumbsup: ( and Tezz does aswell):thumbup:

:thumbsup::thumbup:

Thanks Kat,

I feel slightly humbled now !!

We will have to start dancing earlier to make the night seem longer.

Last year at our Anniversary, Banbury Soul Club had their Christmas party, so this year anything could happen !!!!!

Mince pies ??, balloons ??, sweeties ??

Bah humbug.

No, Quality Street and Roses,,,,lol.

Six days and counting

Del.

P.S. we get there at about 6 o/c and anyone that wants to come earlier for a chat is more than welcome.

Photo :-

Some people think this is me,,,,,,,on a good day,,hahahahahahahahahahaha.

post-7901-0-40601800-1291579349_thumb.jp

We're all looking forward to Oxford's 4th anniversary this Saturday, Getting the cars and transport sorted out for everyone. (Plus a bag of mince pies and all the rest of the Christmas goodies) And Jo Wallace as the Guest DJ for the night, what could be better! Got a friend of mine travelling down from Sunny Scarborough for the night. Told him how good it is going to be. Excellent venue, free car park, fully loaded bar, friendly atmosphere and of course the music, you won't be disappointed.

See you all on the night.

Charlie Mc

Guest mellytee

We're all looking forward to Oxford's 4th anniversary this Saturday, Getting the cars and transport sorted out for everyone. (Plus a bag of mince pies and all the rest of the Christmas goodies) And Jo Wallace as the Guest DJ for the night, what could be better! Got a friend of mine travelling down from Sunny Scarborough for the night. Told him how good it is going to be. Excellent venue, free car park, fully loaded bar, friendly atmosphere and of course the music, you won't be disappointed.

See you all on the night.

Charlie Mc

Charlie, you are in the front!!!! Me, Shirley and the treats are in the back!!! Pat is still deciding whether you deserve a lift ........its not looking good Charlie LOL!!!! It could be the Banbury & Brackley girls' Christmas night out LOL Cant wait - hey I might even bake a cake................?! Should be a great do - oh and Ritchie, hope you are wide awake and on top form....just dont pick on me ok!!??:thumbsup: See you all there early doors

Mel XXXX

Guest soul elite

Thanks Kat,

I feel slightly humbled now !!

We will have to start dancing earlier to make the night seem longer.

Last year at our Anniversary, Banbury Soul Club had their Christmas party, so this year anything could happen !!!!!

Mince pies ??, balloons ??, sweeties ??

Bah humbug.

No, Quality Street and Roses,,,,lol.

Six days and counting

Del.

P.S. we get there at about 6 o/c and anyone that wants to come earlier for a chat is more than welcome.

Photo :-

Some people think this is me,,,,,,,on a good day,,hahahahahahahahahahaha.

That sounds a good idea maybe get there at 3 o'clock so as to get our quota of dancing in :ohmy::lol:

Ps we'll see you and hopefully some others at the Cricketer's Arms on friday nite anyway biggrin.gif:) XXXXXX

Looking younger every day Del!

Looking forward to Saturday and meeting up again with all of your wonderful Soul family and friends.

I know that Pete and friends are coming up from Portsmouth on the evidence of 3 hours last time (they got in just before 10.00)

Have a great week and see you Sat'day

Cheers

Yogi :)

Well 4 years and what do you know?g.gif

A big thank you to OSC club for persevering and putting on possibly the friendliest soul night on the the calender.

Not since my days back in the (deluded?) 70s. Have I had the privileged of meeting so many good soul folk, and OSC has been the catalyst for this.

Wherever you come from Oxford, Banbury, Hemel, Norfolk, Glawster, Kent, Newbury, Hampshire, Germany, Stoke, Nottingham,

Abingdon, Reading, Wolverhampton,Witney ( these are just the ones that spring to mind ) you have all been responsible for making this old soulies life a very happy one yes.gif

KTF

Guest soul elite

A big thank you to OSC club for persevering and putting on possibly the friendliest soul night on the the calender.

Not since my days back in the (deluded?) 70s. Have I had the privileged of meeting so many good soul folk, and OSC has been the catalyst for this.

Wherever you come from Oxford, Banbury, Hemel, Norfolk, Glawster, Kent, Newbury, Hampshire, Germany, Stoke, Nottingham,

Abingdon, Reading, Wolverhampton,Witney ( these are just the ones that spring to mind ) you have all been responsible for making this old soulies life a very happy one yes.gif

KTF

Aawww Ritchie that's soooo sweet of you....:(:lol::thumbsup:

Hope you all saving your energy cos from the start 100 mile an hour tracks....

Just to warm you al up as is so bloody cold.

Katrina gonna b knacked as dancin'from the of

Tezz

ps

looking forward to getting you up and dancing before 8.30 pm har har

Edited by Tezz

Don't forget, Oxford Soul Club warm up at The Cricketers Arms, Iffley Road, Oxford. OX4 1EA

01865 429691

See you guys there

Free entry and plenty of soul & good old fashioned Motown

Cheers to all and Merry Christmas

Tezz & Katrina (The Boss)

Aawww Ritchie that's soooo sweet of you....:ohmy:blush.gif:ohmy:

Hi Katrina ..Yes I can do Sweet .......blush.gif

Missed you outside the CC for our fag breaks, really look forward to catching up Saturday it's gonna be a blast ....

I will try and get to the Cricketers Friday with Del unsure.gif

Yeah only Tuesday sad.gifHurry up the Weekend thumbup.gif

Guest soul elite

Hi Katrina ..Yes I can do Sweet .......blush.gif

Missed you outside the CC for our fag breaks, really look forward to catching up Saturday it's gonna be a blast ....

I will try and get to the Cricketers Friday with Del unsure.gif

Yeah only Tuesday sad.gifHurry up the Weekend thumbup.gif

I have been at work...no slacking here!! must be 'cos its sooo bloody cold I go outside, puff like mad and run in yes.gif haha. Yeah I've wondered where you were, thought you must be having one of your oh so many holidays :ohmy::D:ohmy:

Edited by soul elite

Del,

What is the dress code for Saturday's Anniversary?:thumbsup:

Is it loud dodgy shirts again or just the usual.........

Yogi :thumbsup:

Hi Yogi,

Loud they might be ,,,,,

But dodgy, never !!!!!

You should know we only wear them so that we don't take ourselves too seriously :lol::lol::D

Are you coming with young Tom ?

and I hope you are bringing the beautiful Lorraine ?

See you Saturday,

Del.

post-7901-0-40247400-1291752434_thumb.jp

KTF

Bloody Hell Richie !!!

Are you trying to make me cry in my beer ?

Sounding a little morose,,,,

Sort of thing that gets written in suicide notes.

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you top yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can I have your records ????????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Del.

Edited by dcsoxford
Guest mellytee

Bloody Hell Richie !!!

Are you trying to make me cry in my beer ?

Sounding a little morose,,,,

Sort of thing that gets written in suicide notes.

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If you top yourself,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can I have your records ????????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Del.

Trust you Del!! I thought it but you have to say it!!!! Was thinking about Pming Ritchie to check he was ok....but then had to do something else LOL. Love you Ritchie!:thumbsup:

Not too long now & raring to go :yes:

See you all saturday

Love Mel xx

Charlie, you are in the front!!!! Me, Shirley and the treats are in the back!!! Pat is still deciding whether you deserve a lift ........its not looking good Charlie LOL!!!! It could be the Banbury & Brackley girls' Christmas night out LOL Cant wait - hey I might even bake a cake................?! Should be a great do - oh and Ritchie, hope you are wide awake and on top form....just dont pick on me ok!!??biggrin.gif See you all there early doors

Mel XXXX

Well Mel, bake a cake. What a great idea. We can put it in the boot of the car, that's just the extra weight we need over the rear axle to get us to Oxford Saturday night if the roads are a bit icy!:thumbsup::yes:laugh.gif

See you Saturday.

Charlie

Thank you all for your concern but I thought that I had posted a thoughtful tribute, not a bleedin suicide note...frusty2.gif

Maybe I need to re-evaluate my current position and do a feelings check?face.gif

If I do choose to end it all Del, I'm taking you with melaugh.gif

And as for the records you can have the lot ,except Sandy Wynns -(on Fontanawhistling.gif) that's going in my final box with metongue.gif

Melly I will never pick on you again, you are far to clever and I bow to your superior wit & elan hypocrite.gif

Until you get that 4th Becks down you, then it's game onboxing.gif

Edited by ritchie
Guest soul elite

I think we'll get there very early so we can start dancing to warm up after the Friday nite WHEN I MUST NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL........ :yes::ohmy: I become very naughty, haha :thumbsup:

Hi Del,

Coming solo at the moment, people away or off somewhere, but then it's only Wednesday and you know how things can change! but then there is always loads of friends at Oxford so nobody feels alone.

Really looking forward to it, always a great night, warm atmosphere, great people, fantastic music, great floor, (Bloody hell I'm turning into Ritchie...) :ohmy:

Sad about the shirts, I love your sartorial elegance, was looking forward to wearing a new little number but not sure now.

Mel and Kat, the boys have to discuss these things too!

Anyway, see you all on Saturday

Cheers

Yogi :thumbsup:

Guest soul elite

Hi Del,

Coming solo at the moment, people away or off somewhere, but then it's only Wednesday and you know how things can change! but then there is always loads of friends at Oxford so nobody feels alone.

Really looking forward to it, always a great night, warm atmosphere, great people, fantastic music, great floor, (Bloody hell I'm turning into Ritchie...) :D

Sad about the shirts, I love your sartorial elegance, was looking forward to wearing a new little number but not sure now.

Mel and Kat, the boys have to discuss these things too!

Anyway, see you all on Saturday

Cheers

Yogi :ohmy:

Oh yes but girlie stuff is sooo much more important though... you men will never understand!!:yes:tongue.gif:thumbsup:

Guest soul elite

n

Oh yes but girlie stuff is sooo much more important though... you men will never understand!!:yes::P:thumbsup:

Hi Kat,

Yeah but we boys have to spend at least 5 or maybe 6 minutes getting ready :no:

Alright, you don't have to say it shows!!!!!!:no:

See you on Saturday

Yogi

Who's to say it takes me any longer than 5/6 minutes to get ready then,eh???blush.gif

* WARNING DO NOT REPLY TO THIS QUESTION!* :D

haha

Guest Pandora

Really looking forward to getting the Christmas season off to a great start on Saturday at Oxford. Should be a fun night if its anything like lasts years anniversary do! Mel, hope we're having our pre-drinks in the car on the way up - a good way to start the night! (Thought Charlie was a bit cheeky about your cake, I'm looking forward to it, none for him though!) Maybe save him some crumbs though......

See you Saturday!

Shirley

Guest mellytee

Wow everyone is so twitchy and excited :hypo::lol: cant wait for saturday :yes: Think everyone has already started on the christmas fizz.....where's mine???? Shirley we shall let them eat cake (or mince pies!!!:thumbup: and will save the drinkies for us en route!! Ritchie - 3 is my magic number petal but come and have a go if you think you're .......I like our banter and need you to tell me 'who sings this???!!!':P You sitting over on the 'dark side' with the Banburians saturday? Come and join us , you know you cant resist us :thumbsup: Kat I'm with you: speed dressing and always less is more LOL :wicked: Yogi dont forget the talc policy and a dustpan and brush for christmas for me please!!!blush.gifblush.gif

Well countdown starts now: Ralph, Rach, The Bicester Boys and loads of others all following that shiny star to Oxford Soul Club Anniversary.

Sooooooooo excited!!!

Lots of love

Mel xxx

Guest soul elite

Wow everyone is so twitchy and excited :thumbsup::thumbup: cant wait for saturday :unsure: Think everyone has already started on the christmas fizz.....where's mine???? Shirley we shall let them eat cake (or mince pies!!!:D and will save the drinkies for us en route!! Ritchie - 3 is my magic number petal but come and have a go if you think you're .......I like our banter and need you to tell me 'who sings this???!!!':shhh: You sitting over on the 'dark side' with the Banburians saturday? Come and join us , you know you cant resist us :no: Kat I'm with you: speed dressing and always less is more LOL :D Yogi dont forget the talc policy and a dustpan and brush for christmas for me please!!!:yes::thumbsup:

Well countdown starts now: Ralph, Rach, The Bicester Boys and loads of others all following that shiny star to Oxford Soul Club Anniversary.

Sooooooooo excited!!!

Lots of love

Mel xxx

Why does the weekend take so flippin long to get here?

Haven't decided what to wear yet, it will be a last minute panic decision out of all of my old clothes (Aaaah) Bet you'll look gorgeous as usual :wave::wub::shhh: xxx

Guest mellytee

Kat dahrling, thank you for the lovely compliment!!!!blush.gif You are my inspiration every time and always look so chic mwah mwah mwah :yes: xxxx Still in my jeans and big jumper area of wardrobe, need to find shiny sparkly stuff!!!:D Might check with Del and Maz for dress code :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Yogi is obviously up for dressing up!! :hatsoff2::yes:

See you in 3 days!!

Love Mel xxx

Guest soul elite

Kat dahrling, thank you for the lovely compliment!!!!:D You are my inspiration every time and always look so chic mwah mwah mwah :wub: xxxx Still in my jeans and big jumper area of wardrobe, need to find shiny sparkly stuff!!!:g: Might check with Del and Maz for dress code :lol::D Yogi is obviously up for dressing up!! :lol: :lol:

See you in 3 days!!

Love Mel xxx

Oh well if Yogi's dressing up Mel what should we wear....... French Maid, Naughty Nun, Schoolgirl.....:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy::lol: :lol: See you tomorrow xxx

Oh well if Yogi's dressing up Mel what should we wear....... French Maid, Naughty Nun, Schoolgirl.....:lol::D:wave::(:lol: See you tomorrow xxx

Naw not anymore, if there isn't a dodgy shirt night, it'll be the usual iI'm afraid.

However Kat if you and Mel want to wear the French maid and Schoolgirl outfits, i'm sure that there won't be any complaints from the masses!!!! (Sorry Tezz, or is that just for Sundays!!!!.....)

See you all tomorrow

Yogi

Guest mellytee

Oh well if Yogi's dressing up Mel what should we wear....... French Maid, Naughty Nun, Schoolgirl.....:lol::D:wave::(:lol: See you tomorrow xxx

Naw not anymore, if there isn't a dodgy shirt night, it'll be the usual iI'm afraid.

However Kat if you and Mel want to wear the French maid and Schoolgirl outfits, i'm sure that there won't be any complaints from the masses!!!! (Sorry Tezz, or is that just for Sundays!!!!.....)

See you all tomorrow

Yogi

Stop this filth now.........and save it for Saturday!!!!:D:( Afraid I am more Hilda Ogden (cleaner) than French Maid; hey ho, whatever lights your candle LOL :D Can barely contain myself!!!

Love Mel xxxx