Any Ideas On What This Track Might Be?

Steve Brown

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is a real longshot but as I was having a coffee at Stanstead in the departure lounge, a track came on that had the lyrics (I think) 'Too late to say I'm sorry.' It was mid tempo with a male vocal and although sounded 60's, I suspect that it may be recent. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve.

Steve

I know you said bloke but could it have been Darlene Love-Too Late To Say You're Sorry Reprise

darlene love - too late to say you're sorry - soul-tbc

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

This is a real longshot but as I was having a coffee at Stanstead in the departure lounge, a track came on that had the lyrics (I think) 'Too late to say I'm sorry.' It was mid tempo with a male vocal and although sounded 60's, I suspect that it may be recent. Any thoughts?

Thanks, Steve.

Another long shot Steve- it might be Cee Lo Green's new single - It's Ok ( to say that you love me ) which fits the male vocal and recent although sounding 60's.

Steve

Social source share

Another long shot Steve- it might be Cee Lo Green's new single - It's Ok ( to say that you love me ) which fits the male vocal and recent although sounding 60's.

Steve

10-1 that's exactly what it is. Stanstead Airport has never been known as a Northern Soul stronghold LOL.....:thumbsup:

Ian D :thumbsup:

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Thanks, Steve.

Timbaland (feat. One Republic) Appologize.

ANy chance it could be this?

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

10-1 that's exactly what it is. Stanstead Airport has never been known as a Northern Soul stronghold LOL.....:thumbsup:

Ian D :thumbsup:

No it's not that either. Much more mid tempo and old school. I was quite surprised myself. Even my mate commented on it at the time. I wish I'd have asked but I guess it was an mp3 multi track and the girl would have been clueless. I knew this would be tricky.

Social source share

Too Late To Turn Back Now ( I Believe x 3 I'm Falling In Love - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose from the early seventies ?

Another even longer shot !

Steve

Direct hit! Sorry that I got the first bit wrong, but it was about a week ago. Just checked on you tube. New to my ears but lovely track. Quite an odd place to hear it.

Thanks, Steve.

Social source share

Direct hit! Sorry that I got the first bit wrong, but it was about a week ago. Just checked on you tube. New to my ears but lovely track. Quite an odd place to hear it.

Thanks, Steve.

Reached USA no 2 in 1972 on United Artists. I can remember this and their other big hit Treat Her Like A Lady at the time of release.

Too Late has been played a lot over here and I also believe Big Time Lover has as well. Check our their Classic masters CD which contains all their major songs.

Not a bad song title for an airport if you don't like flying

Steve

Social source share

No it's not that either. Much more mid tempo and old school. I was quite surprised myself. Even my mate commented on it at the time. I wish I'd have asked but I guess it was an mp3 multi track and the girl would have been clueless. I knew this would be tricky.

shame you thought the girl was clueless, she may have put it on

P :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks, Steve.

Steve

Great B side too................

cornelius brothers and sister rose - lift your love higher - united artists

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

10-1 that's exactly what it is. Stanstead Airport has never been known as a Northern Soul stronghold LOL.....:thumbsup:' />

Ian D :D' />

Ian

Saying that a bet a few people have done nighters there..............I'll get my coat :yes:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!