• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

No one know?

I ask as I picked up a 7" acetate recently of 'Did you ever lose your mind'. The name on the label 'Peter Shaeffers Music Publishing' is a long established publishing company based in Germany. Also, it appears not to be an American-made acetate.

Does this publishers name appear on the US release, can anyone tell me? (I did ask for a scan recently but no one was able to oblige). If not, did this get released in Germany or elsewhere in Europe? (If it is a European acetate rather than an American one, then it's interesting that the label is in English rather then German).

Any info?

Thanks thumbsup.gif

post-9478-0-98222600-1291070521_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest I KNOW NOTHING

Can anyone tell me if Linda Cumbo's 'Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow / Did you ever lose your mind' got a release in Germany or anywhere in Europe during the 60s?

Thanks in advance...

check this out . click on albums it says NONE. click on all tracks it says only the two you mention. https://new.music.yahoo.com/linda-cumbo/tracks/yesterday-today-and-tomorrow--183858079

Social source share

No one know?

I ask as I picked up a 7" acetate recently of 'Did you ever lose your mind'. The name on the label 'Peter Shaeffers Music Publishing' is a long established publishing company based in Germany. Also, it appears not to be an American-made acetate.

Does this publishers name appear on the US release, can anyone tell me? (I did ask for a scan recently but no one was able to oblige). If not, did this get released in Germany or elsewhere in Europe? (If it is a European acetate rather than an American one, then it's interesting that the label is in English rather then German).

Any info?

Here you go Russell, scans of both sides. Can't see any mention of Peter Shaeffer on either side.

Linda Cumbo tunes are always popular in our house, in fact I'm sure I have a spare copy of Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow if anyone is after one.

Hope this helps

Mark

post-1419-0-86236600-1291119263_thumb.jp

post-1419-0-09994100-1291119287_thumb.jp

Social source share

No one know?

Any info?

Thanks thumbsup.gif

I don't think that a publisher's acetate can indicate any possible german release. Peter Schaeffer's Europaton company did promote songs to record companies all over Europe. I guess your acetate was done for reference or promotion hence the english sticker on it. If it was released in Germany I never seen it or even heard of it before.

Social source share

A record store in Hamburg / Germany baught the archives of Peter Schaeffer's Music Publishing some 5 years ago. I'm pretty sure, that your acetate comes from this find. Nearly all records out of the vaults of P.S. Music Publishing had this sticker on the label. The company's job was to find labels for independent releases from the USA. By the way, this archive was out of this world and a wet dream for any rare soul collector. Hope this helps

Social source share

Thanks Mark, Benji and docfish! thumbsup.gif

The scan combined with the information about Peter Shaeffers Music Publishing is excellent and confirms that this is a German acetate made to sell the song to a label for commercial release. Whether it did get a release though seems to be in doubt from what you guys are saying.

Wow, I'll bet the company's archive was indeed real treasure chest!

From what I've learned, Linda Cumbo changed her name after the first couple of releases and became Linda Clifford...

Edited by rigilbert
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!