Eric Bennet

not sure if anyones mentioned this before, but if they aint weve missed a gem "sometimes i cry" played on the wireless today, is this available, new recording by a r and b young persons singer i believe, cant post the youtube thing, all i can say is AWESOME, if any techno people can put it up i,m sure it will go down well, cant stop playing it

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brian Ellis

good work brian ! however dodgy video seems to take the edge off the song, listen with eyes shut

I often think that seeing an artist perform a track can take something away from it. I'd rather leave it to my imagination to add value to the listening experience.

Good job records didn't come with video in the early days, or I bet many of the NS classics would never have made it on the scene :D

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Track featured above is from Eric Benet's new album called Lost In Time & IMO is probably the weakest track on the album.

Just wait until you hear 'Paid' that features Eddie Lavert. 'Good Life' featuring Ledisi & 'Feels Good' featuring Faith Evans.

Strong contender for album of the year.

Album due for release on Nov 30th & should be in at all the usual places like Soul Brother, Crazy Beat etc.

Social source share

Yep, it's a bugger. He seems to be irresistible to most women which maybe explains the cross he has to bear vis a vis being a sex addict...........:)

Ian D :sleep3:

Nonsense Mr D, I for instance have hardly spent any time thinking about being sandwiched between Eric Benet & Lenny Kravitz :yes::thumbsup:

Eric's A Day In The Life album from 1999 has stayed constantly in my top 20 ever since I heard it - the man is unashamedly sexy, and extremely talented.

Social source share

Nonsense Mr D, I for instance have hardly spent any time thinking about being sandwiched between Eric Benet & Lenny Kravitz :D:D

Eric's A Day In The Life album from 1999 has stayed constantly in my top 20 ever since I heard it - the man is unashamedly sexy, and extremely talented.

I rest my case. Eric's prime audience is the sexually imaginative female market, all of whom get off on Eric's good looks and just-about OK vocals. Marvin would have whipped his ass make no mistake.........

But Jesus, I'm worried about you Theresa....... :g:

In terms of imagery, I could just about deal with Eric Benet because, let's face it, if you're a female and sexually active then who wouldn't? :D

But Lenny Kravitz's sweaty dreadlocks swishing around.....? Phew. No thanks........plus his taste in music is debatable to say the least..........:thumbsup:

Best track on the album by a country mile is "Paid". Eric's ass got bailed by Eddie Levert - a real vocalist!

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

this just sounds like an r&b record. nothing wrong with it but nothing different about it either. maybe the radio is different in england and you don't get hear music like this? I was surprised by the thread where people discovered the played out AOR oldie "too late to turn back now".

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!