binsy

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

TALK ABOUT GLAMOUR

We had a terrific nite at Majestic Soul !! Binsy your first set for me was one of your best and i did cry like a baby hearing 'the last time around for me' ...so soulful...so emotional...and Binsy...respect matey!!...Your a genuine diamond....:thumbsup:

Then Paul Collins delivers a left hook in the second round by now the bar area was at least full and Paul believe me the Cats were happy!!!that little sweet section did not go unoticed and your dancers were top drawer... i think we will have you back again...and i am tempted to post Joan Collins on here just to be cheeky!!

Girth's set was vocally appreciated by the likes of Jackie Wilson Charlie who has re-invented the meaning of the word 'chooon' an old Norfolk Village haunt they used to bark out!! even got the posh boys screaming it haha!!!! Im sure Girth's ego was busting to a climax !!!! not even the pie swelling could compete!!! Girth your always good its actually annoying now haha!!! ......

I will be honest with you Imogen i have received x3 calls about this all asking "WHO IS SHE???....WHO IS SHE???" and "SHE'S BAD!!!!"....possibly you have the potential to compete at the highest level..the energy..the production...the fluency...you could tell it was well thought out...and your dance floor rocked!!!..you knocked em out!!....well done!!!...you have me re-thinking exactly what i am bringing to the table....we're all worried now....:lol:

Joan would have been proud........:thumbsup:

BakerSoul...

Firstly, a big thank you to Brian and Mark for giving me the opportunity to Dj at Majestic. It was a real honour to play alongside such knowledgable and experienced music collectors.

The music played by all the djs was exceptional. Real quality soul music and so much that was new to me. Brian you impressed me with your Detroit stormers, Paul with his exceptional 70's crossover dancers and Gareth with his quality 6t's soul and southern style movers. Fantastic !!

The atmosphere down there was terrific. Really warm and friendly. I'm sorry if I didn't say hello to everyone on the night I was feeling quite shy and nervous. I am so pleased with the genuine acceptance everyone gave me on the night. It's good that this night is going from strength to strength. It's a proper soul night for proper collectors and people really interested in the variety of quality soul music.

I'll get on my sea-horse and see you next month.

Imogen

Firstly, a big thank you to Brian and Mark for giving me the opportunity to Dj at Majestic. It was a real honour to play alongside such knowledgable and experienced music collectors.

The music played by all the djs was exceptional. Real quality soul music and so much that was new to me. Brian you impressed me with your Detroit stormers, Paul with his exceptional 70's crossover dancers and Gareth with his quality 6t's soul and southern style movers. Fantastic !!

The atmosphere down there was terrific. Really warm and friendly. I'm sorry if I didn't say hello to everyone on the night I was feeling quite shy and nervous. I am so pleased with the genuine acceptance everyone gave me on the night. It's good that this night is going from strength to strength. It's a proper soul night for proper collectors and people really interested in the variety of quality soul music.

I'll get on my sea-horse and see you next month.

Imogen

Congratulations on DJing at Majestic Soul Imogen , would be interested in seeing your playlist if you have time ...see you soon ,Eddie

Great night last Thursday, thanks to Brian and the Bins' for having me down - must have been a good night, cos i've not been well at all since then :o( ....Actually travelled up to the Good Food Show at the NEC the next day....with a severe stomach upset. Talk about frustrating, no appetite.......and all those pies, not to mention the real ale & scrumpy on offer :wub::(

We'll, a couple of requests on things I played so thought i'd better put up a playlist. Really enjoyed spinning a few of these out for the first time.....thats what Majestic / Smersh is all about......

Great to catch Paul's set when I arrived, lots of nice things......Brian was, well Brian :wub: enthusiasm personified....and really lovely to hear a few soulful disco bits from Imogen before I had to shoot off, 'specially a classic bit of West End magic from Michele :lol:

Cheers Girth

No particular order....

Willie Mitchell - My Babe - Hi 45

Inez Foxx - Crossing Over The Bridge - Volt 45

Reggie Milner - Hello Stranger - Volt 45

Syl Johnson - Thank You Baby - Twinight 45

Natural High - That's Why - Malaco 45

Otis Clay - You Hurt Me For The Last Time - Atlantic 45

Patti Hamilton - My Baby Loves Me - Lovelite 45

Dean Courtney - It Makes Me Nervous - Paramount 45

Bobby Foster - Where Do You Go - Select-O-Hits 45

Millie Jackson - I'm Tired Of Hiding - Polydor LP

Manhattans - Up On The Street (Where I Live) - Columbia LP

Marvin Gaye - When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You - Motown LP

The Dells - Since I've Been In Love - Cadet LP

Freddie Hughes - We Gotta Keep On - Wand LP

Billy Jones - I'll Keep Holding On - Zafiro LP

Gladys Knight - If You Ever Need Somebody - CBS LP

The Stylistics - We Should Be Lovers - PIR LP

Charles Drain - Just As Long - RCA LP

Candi Staton - Too Hurt To Cry - Capitol LP

This is a playlist from Paul Collins, top spot it was too :lol:

Gloria Jay - Know What You Want (Stage Production)

Randy Jackson - How Can I Be Sure (Epic)

Curt Darin - Two On A Cloud (Buddah)

Udell - You're The Song (RKM)

Heywood Cash - You're Messing Up A Good Thing (Epic)

Bobby Rush - I'm Still Waiting (London)

Bill Wright - A Man In Love (Midtown)

Willie Hutch - When A Boy Falls In Love (Part 1) (RCA)

Dee Dee Warwick - When Love Slips Away (Mercury)

Cleveland Robinson - No One Can Take Your Place (Nosnibor)

Scientists Of Soul - Be's That Way Sometime (Kashe)

Danny Williams - All Those Lies (Musical Energy)

The Artistics - She's Heaven (Brunswick)

Gene Chandler & Jerry Butler - Be Yourself (Mercury)

Brand New - Thousand Years (Du-Vern)

Bobby Story - Lets Do Something Different (Proud)

Billy Scott & The Prophets - So Glad You Happened To Me (3-P)

Elvin Spencer - Lift This Hurt (E.S. Cozy)

Second Ressurrection - You Done Let Daylight Catch You (Stanson)

Willie Darrington - Never Should Have Walked Away (RAV)

BRILLIANT SET MR COLLINS................:thumbsup:

Congratulations on DJing at Majestic Soul Imogen , would be interested in seeing your playlist if you have time ...see you soon ,Eddie

Thanks Eddie. Some of what I played was on the last CD I made for you. I was really pleased how well recieved they were, it made the digging all worth while.

See you at the 100 club for some soul chat.

xx