Forest Town Welfare Soul Night

Boxerbeat

YEP,WERE NOW BACK IN THE FOREST TOWN WELFARE,THIS WILL BE THE ONLY FIRST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH,AFTER XMAS IT WILL BE THE FIRST FRIDAYS OF THE MONTH,AND SINCE WE,VE PASSED THE PHOENIX OVER TO GIGS AND TERRY,WE WILL ALSO BE TAKING OUR BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAYS AND THE 4TH SATURDAYS WHEN THERE ARE 5 WEEKENDS IN THE MONTH.YOU ALL KNOW OUR MUSIC POLICY OLDIES ALL THE WAY. NOW THE 4TH DEC GUEST DJS ARE GRAHAM WEAVER{GROVSNER ROOMS}:yes: AND MITCH{BLACK HEARTS,NOTTS :thumbsup: }RES DJS IAN{THE SOUL FATHER}GEE AND CARL...

:)

7.30 TILL12.30 ,CHEAP BEER,FOREST TOWN WELFARE,CLIPSTONE ROAD WEST,FOREST TOWN,MANSFIELD,NOTTS,JUST ACROSS FROM KINGSWAY HALL.....

NEW PROMOTORS CARL PIPER 07794131089 IAN GEE 07535145507................:sleep3:

• Replies 63
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:yes: aup carl lookin forward to this , lets get some northern soul oldies spun in this venue and get it back on the soul circuit, you & ian are the men that can do it ,bring it on ktf rictic :)

YEP,WERE NOW BACK IN THE FOREST TOWN WELFARE,THIS WILL BE THE ONLY FIRST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH,AFTER XMAS IT WILL BE THE FIRST FRIDAYS OF THE MONTH,AND SINCE WE,VE PASSED THE PHOENIX OVER TO GIGS AND TERRY,WE WILL ALSO BE TAKING OUR BANK HOLIDAY SUNDAYS AND THE 4TH SATURDAYS WHEN THERE ARE 5 WEEKENDS IN THE MONTH.YOU ALL KNOW OUR MUSIC POLICY OLDIES ALL THE WAY. NOW THE 4TH DEC GUEST DJS ARE GRAHAM WEAVER{GROVSNER ROOMS}:lol: AND MITCH{BLACK HEARTS,NOTTS :shades: }RES DJS IAN{THE SOUL FATHER}GEE AND CARL...

:wub:

7.30 TILL12.30 ,CHEAP BEER,FOREST TOWN WELFARE,CLIPSTONE ROAD WEST,FOREST TOWN,MANSFIELD,NOTTS,JUST ACROSS FROM KINGSWAY HALL.....

NEW PROMOTORS CARL PIPER 07794131089 IAN GEE 07535145507................biggrin.gif

:D Great to see Forest Town Welfare re-opened and back on the soul scene. Really looking forward to spinning some tunes on Saturday and wishing Carl, Ian and all involved all the best for their first night. :thumbup:

KTF Mitch & Mel.:wub:

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

Hope it goes well for you all, but can one of the urmmmmm Dj's play O'Jays - Backstabbers for the promoters from me please, it should go down well.

You see Forest Town Northern soul night never closed it was robbed.

DenDog XX

SORRY WE CAN,T PLAY THE BACK STABBERS AS YOU SHOULD KNOW ITS NOT A 60S,I THOUGHT YOU WOULD KNOW BEING A X WIGAN LAD,LOL :lol: ,AS FOR BEING ROBBED,ANYONE WANTING TO KNOW THE TRUTH JUST RING UP FOREST TOWN WELFARE..:thumbsup:

Edited by boxerbeat

need a table Carl as cant make Kingsway,

so a great idea to get down this week fer the soul crowd as long as the white stuff stays away.

AUP DOUGIE,WE WILL GLADLY SAVE YOU A TABLE MATE,I THINK WE,VE GOT A FAIR CHANCE OF THE SNOW REMOVING ITS SELF FOR SATURDAY,HOPE TO SEE YOU THEN,KTF,CARL.......:thumbsup:

aup carl , ian can,t wait for saturday look,s like it,s going to be a very busy night ,last time i went to the bank hoilday there there was only a handful in but every one i spoke to said they can,t for this one with two great promoters bad weather won,t stop me and quite a few coming from chesterfield see you and ian saturday :thumbsup:

Many thanks for everyones kind comments excluding one, which is irrelevant anyway.

As everyone knows me and Carl have been successfully running venues for a long time and as such these venues are well attended. People who have other venues ask what the secret formula is for running successful Northern nights. There is no secret, all it takes is hard work and attention to detail, the right Dj's and giving the paying public what they want. We have turned down a lot of venues because they did'nt feel right or they would have clashed with other established Soul nights in the area and thats how it is.

As for the other matter. Carl quite rightly said that we were approached by the Welfare, the reason being they knew how successful the Kingsway Hall nights were and asked if we could do the same at the Welfare, we told them we would give it a go. At no time did myself or Carl go there and steal it as is being implied and if that is what he would like people to think, I know he will be proved sadly wrong.

One thing with the Northern Soul scene is like minded people attract each other and bad persons get found out for what they really are. This has happened many times over the years and it looks like history is repeating itself here.

To finish I look forward to welcoming all our friends from all over England and all the other people willing to make the journey on Saturday night to the beginning of a new era at Forest Town Welfare. Get your dancing shoes ready for Me, Carl, Graham Weaver and Mitch, you wont be disappointed.

KTF

Ian G

Hope it goes well for you all, but can one of the urmmmmm Dj's play O'Jays - Backstabbers for the promoters from me please, it should go down well.

You see Forest Town Northern soul night never closed it was robbed.

DenDog XX

let it go dennis, you're a bit like me my friend..... not many people actually like you but unlike me.... you care what people think.

it seems to me you feel you have to bring others down because of your own shortcomings, bringing them down, in your eyes helps you to attain their level.

you dropped the ball

you drove the welfare into the 'soul wilderness'

stop blaming others for your loss, grow up and accept it.

walk away before you make yourself look even more sour, sad and spiteful.

i have no problem with you, i just feel that you are so full of hatered because you can't be a player on this scene that you are blaming others, look in the mirror!

here's one major way we differ.... i'm not a player, never want to be, i'm a punter who is sometimes asked to dee-jay and that's good enough for me, pity that wouldn't be good enough for you.

i wish carl and ian all the success in the world for this venue because it's a great venue which i would have been to many more times if only i had liked or respected the promoter.... you see.... that's how it works.

'backstabbers', not really a northern tune is it, perhaps your irony would have found a more acurate springboard if it were launched on titles like "The Snake", or even the Ikettes "Two Timin' Double Dealin'".... just a thought xx

Many thanks for everyones kind comments excluding one, which is irrelevant anyway.

As everyone knows me and Carl have been successfully running venues for a long time and as such these venues are well attended. People who have other venues ask what the secret formula is for running successful Northern nights. There is no secret, all it takes is hard work and attention to detail, the right Dj's and giving the paying public what they want. We have turned down a lot of venues because they did'nt feel right or they would have clashed with other established Soul nights in the area and thats how it is.

As for the other matter. Carl quite rightly said that we were approached by the Welfare, the reason being they knew how successful the Kingsway Hall nights were and asked if we could do the same at the Welfare, we told them we would give it a go. At no time did myself or Carl go there and steal it as is being implied and if that is what he would like people to think, I know he will be proved sadly wrong.

One thing with the Northern Soul scene is like minded people attract each other and bad persons get found out for what they really are. This has happened many times over the years and it looks like history is repeating itself here.

To finish I look forward to welcoming all our friends from all over England and all the other people willing to make the journey on Saturday night to the beginning of a new era at Forest Town Welfare. Get your dancing shoes ready for Me, Carl, Graham Weaver and Mitch, you wont be disappointed.

KTF

Ian G

WELL SAID BRO, I COULD,NT OF PUT THE WORDS ANY BETTER,KTF,CARL.......:thumbsup:

ALMOST FORGOT,WE WILL HAVE WEEKEND TICKETS FOR THE BRIDLINGTON WEEKENDER.................:lol:

WELL SAID BRO, I COULD,NT OF PUT THE WORDS ANY BETTER,KTF,CARL.......:hatsoff2:

ALMOST FORGOT,WE WILL HAVE WEEKEND TICKETS FOR THE BRIDLINGTON WEEKENDER.................:thumbsup:

hatsoff2.gifsorry cant be there this weekend but will get down asap to this one , all i have to say is you are two of the finest and most popular dj,s in the country and great friends , music allways second to none so wishing you luck, not that you need it , wish we could be there , ian n karl get yr diaries out we need you up here sometime in the new year, all the best to everyone from the yorkies,

regards & best wishes from mickey2dinnersthumbsup.gif

hatsoff2.gifsorry cant be there this weekend but will get down asap to this one , all i have to say is you are two of the finest and most popular dj,s in the country and great friends , music allways second to none so wishing you luck, not that you need it , wish we could be there , ian n karl get yr diaries out we need you up here sometime in the new year, all the best to everyone from the yorkies,

regards & best wishes from mickey2dinnersthumbsup.gif

AUP MATE ,ME AND I,M SURE IAN ARE THANKFULL FOR THE KIND COMMENTS,YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND,AND WE HOPE ALL GOES WELL,IT USUALLY DOES YOUR END WITH THE BRANDY SISTERS,YOKI,ETC,WE,LL DO OUR BEST OVER IN THE NEW YEAR,SO UNTIL THEN ,KTF,CARL.........................:hatsoff2::thumbsup:

let it go dennis, you're a bit like me my friend..... not many people actually like you but unlike me.... you care what people think.

it seems to me you feel you have to bring others down because of your own shortcomings, bringing them down, in your eyes helps you to attain their level.

you dropped the ball

you drove the welfare into the 'soul wilderness'

stop blaming others for your loss, grow up and accept it.

walk away before you make yourself look even more sour, sad and spiteful.

i have no problem with you, i just feel that you are so full of hatered because you can't be a player on this scene that you are blaming others, look in the mirror!

here's one major way we differ.... i'm not a player, never want to be, i'm a punter who is sometimes asked to dee-jay and that's good enough for me, pity that wouldn't be good enough for you.

i wish carl and ian all the success in the world for this venue because it's a great venue which i would have been to many more times if only i had liked or respected the promoter.... you see.... that's how it works.

'backstabbers', not really a northern tune is it, perhaps your irony would have found a more acurate springboard if it were launched on titles like "The Snake", or even the Ikettes "Two Timin' Double Dealin'".... just a thought xx

:D:(

:D:(

Coops Ian and Carl I do more for the Forest Town welfare than you think, just last month I organize one for the Forest Town welfare got over 150 in they took £1500 over the bar. On the 22nd Jan got another one booked at the welfare expecting 150 again

April 9th expecting 200/250, July & Aug what it's all for "the Welfare" and not for capital gain

Carl & Ian I was told that you promised the directors over 200 if you could have the main room, so your friends should attend and for-fill your promises to the directors.

I do hope you succeed and get your numbers right and the takings over the bar go's well, you see it's my local I don't want it to close like many other welfares.

When I was told that you had approached the welfare to organize a private function on the 5th Dec, I new then what you was up to, and I told the directors that you advertised it as a Northern Soul Night on soul source and that's when I told them that you should do the Bank Holiday ones as well because I wouldn't.

So you go for it, and say it was them who approached you. I say it was your intention, and because what Graham, & Mick & your self instigated over year ago people don't forget, that you were going to kill Forest Town's Bank Holidays and yes you did exhalant job. Good look to you all,

Mick I have nothing against you. But keep you opinions to your-self you will be better thought off or should I say people will think better of you.

You see the different between you and I mate, I did it for free my pleasure, and payment was the dancers, and any promoter that run venues, and that I have been invited too will tell you, I took no £ from spinning some vinyl unlike some I could mention.

I should say you Four did us a big favour, Ann "n" I, are glad to be out off your Northern Soul Scene, with one thing or another unknown to your-selves.

I'm too busy doing my own thing but don't try to belittle me, because my mind is very clear I've or I should say we have done nothing to any one of you and

"you know that for a fact".

Den

Edited by Dendog

Mick I have nothing against you. But keep you opinions to your-self you will be better thought off or should I say people will think better of you.

Den

sorry dennis, you miss the whole point, it's not important to me how i am perceived by others but it is important for me to say how i feel about a subject.

the castigation of others is a small price to pay for airing one's princibles, for if one hides them under a cover of insecurity and lack of self belief then one doesn't really have anything 'real' in one's life.

Coops Ian and Carl I do more for the Forest Town welfare than you think, just last month I organize one for the Forest Town welfare got over 150 in they took £1500 over the bar. On the 22nd Jan got another one booked at the welfare expecting 150 again

April 9th expecting 200/250, July & Aug what it's all for "the Welfare" and not for capital gain

Carl & Ian I was told that you promised the directors over 200 if you could have the main room, so your friends should attend and for-fill your promises to the directors.

I do hope you succeed and get your numbers right and the takings over the bar go's well, you see it's my local I don't want it to close like many other welfares.

When I was told that you had approached the welfare to organize a private function on the 5th Dec, I new then what you was up to, and I told the directors that you advertised it as a Northern Soul Night on soul source and that's when I told them that you should do the Bank Holiday ones as well because I wouldn't.

So you go for it, and say it was them who approached you. I say it was your intention, and because what Graham, & Mick & your self instigated over year ago people don't forget, that you were going to kill Forest Town's Bank Holidays and yes you did exhalant job. Good look to you all,

You see the different between you and I mate, I did it for free my pleasure, and payment was the dancers, and any promoter that run venues, and that I have been invited too will tell you, I took no £ from spinning some vinyl unlike some I could mention.

I should say you Four did us a big favour, Ann "n" I, are glad to be out off your Northern Soul Scene, with one thing or another unknown to your-selves.

I'm too busy doing my own thing but don't try to belittle me, because my mind is very clear I've or I should say we have done nothing to any one of you and

"you know that for a fact".

Den

all this started because of what you were saying behind my back in the first place when we started forest town welfare,you see saying things to my friends will come back to me,thats why i walked away from forest town and east kirkby,what goes around comes around,believe your own lies,you hav,nt finshed with northren soul,northern soul has finshed with you...............:D

:D:lol: carl well said ,he cud not get no one in the place so too good promoters have taken it over to fill it and put it on the soul scene ktf :(

School would have been a good idea................................

all this started because of what you were saying behind my back in the first place when we started forest town welfare,you see saying things to my friends will come back to me,thats why i walked away from forest town and east kirkby,what goes around comes around,believe your own lies,you hav,nt finshed with northren soul,northern soul has finshed with you...............:D

Don't know what you mean Carl, and I thought it was when I told you that Ian would never play on my decks again, from the time you went to the states or have you forgot.

Any way enough said. Carl I do hope you and Ian do well together, and I have no hard feelings but to thank you both and you have my total support in the Forest Town Welfare "new" Northern Soul Night.

Mick there you go again, always got to poke one in. But no hard feeling with you nether have a nice life.

Dennis

Guest smudgesmith

Sounds like this could be a good night..................never been to Forest Town before..............should the snow stay away my better half and I could be there :yes:

PS do we go to the blue corner or the red corner

Hi Carl / Mick

Got a PM this morning saying, now that I hold no grudges with Carl and Mick? Would I hold my hand out in friendship, and forget what as gone on in the past.

I told him, life's to short and yes I would hold my hand out to all, and forget what as been done and said in the past, and start a fresh, so I think it's up to us all "are we able to forgive and forget". I am

Dennis

Hi Carl / Mick

Got a PM this morning saying, now that I hold no grudges with Carl and Mick? Would I hold my hand out in friendship, and forget what as gone on in the past.

I told him, life's to short and yes I would hold my hand out to all, and forget what as been done and said in the past, and start a fresh, so I think it's up to us all "are we able to forgive and forget". I am

Dennis

i don't have anything to forgive you for Dennis or indeed have the power of forgiveness, I'm not (despite what some may think my opinion of myself is) a God or even a demi God.

as for my part i totally agree life is far too short to hold a grudge.

I'll shake your hand any day my friend (just as i did at Butlins') I'll even allow you to buy me a coke if you're flushed thumbsup.gif

if i did have anything to forgive you for i would in deed forgive, but i rarely forget (unless it's where i've left my car keys etc. etc. wink.gif

Hi Carl / Mick

Dennis

the damage has been done,ask trev i dont go back,you see he,s a friend always has been,you never have been ,never were and we dont go back a long way because you were never there with me and trev the first time around or this time,my parents brought me up to get on with everyone,i try to,but over the last 4 years 3 people have tried to take the piss,so you see no going back,no forgiving,and i dont forget,so put your hand back in and keep them in your pockets dennis,

i don't have anything to forgive you for Dennis or indeed have the power of forgiveness, I'm not (despite what some may think my opinion of myself is) a God or even a demi God.

I'll shake your hand any day my friend (just as i did at Butlins') I'll even allow you to buy me a coke if you're flushed thumbsup.gif

if i did have anything to forgive you for i would in deed forgive, but i rarely forget (unless it's where i've left my car keys etc. etc. wink.gif

well said and thank you Mick

the damage has been done,ask trev i dont go back,you see he,s a friend always has been,you never have been ,never were and we dont go back a long way because you were never there with me and trev the first time around or this time,my parents brought me up to get on with everyone,i try to,but over the last 4 years 3 people have tried to take the piss,so you see no going back,no forgiving,and i dont forget,so put your hand back in and keep them in your pockets dennis,

Sorry Carl but I can and will forgive and forget, and my hand is always there like before when I supported you and your venues for 10 years I thought has a friend it just shows our wrong I was.

I don't need to ask Trev you see I go back to a time when you were at school and Ann was serveing groceries to your Mum at the Co-Op, I even worked with your dad down the pit way back before you met my brother.

So yes I've known you and your family more than you think.

When it was the first time round back in the late 60's you would be 10 and our friend Mr. Hall would have been Dj'in at our local the Cat. The second time round would be 70's and you would have been old enough to come to some of the same venues, Remember Bob, Tony, Lloyd, Mick, Kev and yes me we were going through to the middle 80's. So my pedigree is there

My hand is always there, and will-not stay in my pocket.

Dennis

Hi Carl n Ian

Me, Mad n Elliot have dug the sledge out and fed the huskies up n we'll be there.thumbup.gif Elliot has everything crossed hopin the night goes ahead.

Lookin at weather today should be ok :) . Failing that Elliot says he'll clear you the car park.rolleyes.gif

Can't wait for Satdy Bags n Wellies what a look !!:D:yes:

Lookin forward to it

KTF

Scott, Mad n Elliot

Sorry Carl but I can and will forgive and forget, and my hand is always there like before when I supported you and your venues for 10 years I thought has a friend it just shows our wrong I was.

I don't need to ask Trev you see I go back to a time when you were at school and Ann was serveing groceries to your Mum at the Co-Op, I even worked with your dad down the pit way back before you met my brother.

So yes I've known you and your family more than you think.

When it was the first time round back in the late 60's you would be 10 and our friend Mr. Hall would have been Dj'in at our local the Cat. The second time round would be 70's and you would have been old enough to come to some of the same venues, Remember Bob, Tony, Lloyd, Mick, Kev and yes me we were going through to the middle 80's. So my pedigree is there

My hand is always there, and will-not stay in my pocket.

Dennis

yep,my dad never trusted you either,and if you keep coming on this thread to spoil this night with your pitiness then think again,what ever you did in the past did,nt involve me,so dont make out you know me,no comments returned from me,my short time is being wasted...........

Hi Carl n Ian

Me, Mad n Elliot have dug the sledge out and fed the huskies up n we'll be there.:) Elliot has everything crossed hopin the night goes ahead.

Lookin at weather today should be ok :D . Failing that Elliot says he'll clear you the car park.rolleyes.gif

Can't wait for Satdy Bags n Wellies what a look !!:yes: :yes:

Lookin forward to it

KTF

Scott, Mad n Elliot

AUP SCOTT,MAD,ELLIOTT,EVERYTHING IS LOOKING FINE,I,VE BEEN DOWN TO THE WELFARE THIS MORNING,SOME OF THE WELFARE CAR PARK IS BEING CLEARED,BUT UNLESS WE GET A REAL BAD SNOW FALL AGAIN EVERYTHING GOES ALONG AS PLANNED LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU,KTF,CARL............PS GOT THOSE PATCHES FOR YOU ELLIOTT..thumbsup.gif