Chalky

• Replies 76
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Crusty, smelly, achy, buzzing and musically satiated. Confirmation that I had a brilliant night :lol:

Pictures and drivel here!

:thumbsup: Thank you Lifeline Team thumbup.gif

Aye Karen that crusty,smelly achy thing must be catchy cos chalky and nick had that on way home,glad i didn't get it...

Ok folks,we can't thank all the folk that made the effort last nite enough - i know guys like Dave Abbott ,Billy and the Norwich lads,Willie (Carlisle's finest) ,soulgirl and Bob Clittybottyheadboardcreamstock and the many other long haul music lovers made the nite worthwhile.. We were in all honesty expecting a reduction in numbers from the saturation level of events this weekend - so we ended up 100 or so souls lighter than usual .In a venue the size of the stables one can certainly see and feel the difference ,but never the less the floor was pretty consistant most of the evening and all the dj's did exactly what we booked them to do-the lads did a xtra few minutes each cos of a no show but these things happen... special mention to Paul who was thrown in at the deep end ,probably played the most upfront set of the night well done ! killa,pat,john and Ted many thanks job well done,Natalie and Marcelle cheers for that.

Any feedback welcome good ,bad or indifferent..

Back to usual format for next one at the end of June - guests Dave Raistrick ,Kitch - Butch,soul sam,cliff Steele,chalky and Andy ( can't for the life of me remember who i booked for the collector's set ? if it's you shout up)

Despite the numbers being down ,I thought it was an excellent night , all the DJ's pulled out the stops and played some inspired sets .Young Paul did very well on his first appearance , playing some great mainly funky edged Soul dancers ,and finishing with one of my favourite records of all time Margie Joseph " Ridin ' High " .Good night socially as well , can't wait for the next one already .Cheers ,Eddie

got there a bit later than normal , less busy than the norm with an insane number of venues all trying to get a great people in... but enjoyed the differant line up, it was a nice change with some cracking sets played .....sorry to killa and pat for missing them, heard they were excellent :huh: .. and ..andy , thanks mate, when your ready :lol: . best to all, ez :thumbsup:

Top night Andy and Chalky as always. Music on Saturday was quite an exception. The young Manchester lads played a very mature set, Ted never fails, John played some excellent stuff, Chalky played Mr. Martin, what a track. Few faces missing, as Eddy say you get lost in the music, spot on Eddy as i do always. Had one or two hiccups on the floor but i overcome it. Nice to see tabs, he's always got a young lady on his arm. Dance floor was excellent. Looking forward to June one, Karen if your looking in, i'm overcoming a sprained ankle from last week (hence the deep heat) keep the good work up, thanks again for a great night.

Billy :D

Even thou the attendance was down folks were still up for it and there were a few 20/30 year olds there to, near the end of my spot a young girl no more than 20 came up and said she was fairly new to the scene but asked for Jimmie Bo Horn I cant speak was really pleased to play it for her

I had a great night. Thanks to Andy and Chalky for asking me to play. I was bricking my pants most of the night but I relaxed a bit when I got behind the decks.

Although numbers were down a bit I thought the atmosphere was really good all night. Some great tunes played throughout the night. Pat and Killa did a great early spot that really set the night going.

Lifeline really is a top night and one that I will be frequenting on a more regular basis from now on.

I had a great night. Thanks to Andy and Chalky for asking me to play. I was bricking my pants most of the night but I relaxed a bit when I got behind the decks.

Although numbers were down a bit I thought the atmosphere was really good all night. Some great tunes played throughout the night. Pat and Killa did a great early spot that really set the night going.

Lifeline really is a top night and one that I will be frequenting on a more regular basis from now on.

The only true reason you had for 'bricking your pants* was possibly the overwhelming, inappropriate and misplaced middle-aged female interest in that room that was not for your records! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yes:

I'll be wearing my socks inside out tomorrow as punishment; the toe seams play havoc that way. I trust the other offenders will do likewise - you know who you are :thumbsup:

However, Paul, do not let that intimidate you or put you off 'frequenting on a more regular basis from now on' :thumbsup:

enjoyed it as usual, shame about the numbers, but dancing to the Hopkins brothers, wipes that off,a few regulars missing, always good to see the beggsy my female doppelgänger laugh.gif

I have the photos to prove it,:hypo: my apologies to John Mc, we had to leave early as mum duties on the Sunday, really sorry about that, but hey, you know how it is with this older generation :thumbsup:

picked up a nice tune or two,look forward to the next one with relish as its a top line up :unsure:

Edited by mrs soul

numbers were down, to be expected, but i don't think it detracted from anyones enjoyment - I for one had a great time!!

the last 3 of us to leave left around 8am - but i would have stayed all day given the chance LOL

excellent nite musically - for me, if i had to pick, Andy, Paul and Chalky were the highlights - but great sounds from all of the DJ's.

thanks Andy and Chalky for a great niter and all those that would listen to the bollox I was coming out with.

:rolleyes: