Chalky

• Replies 213
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Back with a vengance, after our yearly 4 month gap, tht just leaves you in such a state of anticipation, for our best and forward event.

It never fails to produce, and this was a great night.....wont bother with my usual list of praises, yove read 'em before, and again they are just as pertinent.....so ill just say

PROPER!!!!!!

Harpo

To the organisers - there are many words to descibe last night, one being tremendulteousness :thumbsup:

As far as the music in general is concerned there isn't anywhere to touch it my friends so thanks to the regular DJ's who rarely disappoint & to the guests who didn't either particularly that nice German Herr Marc Forrest - und fur sie alein; es tut mir sehr sehr leid Marc aber meine erwartungen waren nicht hoch bevor gestern aber ich war angenehm an der Strecke der Musik überrascht und verblüfft, die Sie spielten - verzeihen Sie mir wieder - sag bloss wie heist der lied von Flash McKinley eindlich?

Roll on the next one.

Mick

Edited by Mick Howard

On behalf of the Lifeline Team I'd like to thank everyone from far and wide for making our 7th Anniversary such a great night. The dance floor doesn't lie, full almost all night. All the Dj's did great sets, from Nick Stevenson with a set of one offs, semi knowns and unknowns, all the residents and of course Marc who had the floor eating out of his hand.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking notice of our message tab the beginning of the night and throughout the night, I for one would be gutted to lose this venue because of a few thoughtless people. Some hard work has gone into promoting this venue. The talc ban will be strictly enforced at all our nights as will everything else we asked of you.

Anyway at one point last night I didn't think I would be saying this, but its full steam ahead into our 8th year with the next night on 30th April, a right Royal do laugh.gif

Now due to foreign excursions and other commitments by some of the residents, we are pleased to say that we will be looking at the future of the scene and the two young guns from Beat Boutique Liam Quinn and Paul Barker. There's been calls for some youngsters to get a chance on the big stage, here is their chance in the absence of some of the so called old guard, I have every confidence in them yes.gif

To compliment Liam and Paul will be local legend Ted Massey and Northamptons collector/dealer/DJ John McClure.

Kicking off the night will be Pat Bleasdale ably assisted by the ever popular Killa thumbup.gif

Hopefully we will see you all at the Stables for what promises to be an exciting night of rare soul music.

To the organisers - there are many words to descibe last night, one being tremendulteousness :lol:

As far as the music in general is concerned there isn't anywhere to touch it my friends so thanks to the regular DJ's who rarely disappoint & to the guests who didn't either particularly that nice German Herr Marc Forrest - und fur sie alein; es tut mir sehr sehr leid Marc aber meine erwartungen waren nicht hoch bevor gestern aber ich war angenehm an der Strecke der Musik überrascht und verblüfft, die Sie spielten - verzeihen Sie mir wieder - sach bloss wie heist der lied von Flash McKinley eindlich?

Roll on the next one.

Mick

Fookin smart Tush...., nur weil Ihr halb deutsch.....:lol:

But totally agree with previous posts... great night.. great music... and the most fantastic peeps for company :thumbsup:

Long journey home.. arrived back at 2.30pm ... but did have a lovely tour of most of the services on the way.. the first one about 8am.. cause I had to have my weetabix :yes:

Thanks to the guys for lift and especially to Dale for the nicest bacon roll I have ever tasted... ( he is the Michelin Star maker)

Lastly to the Lifeline guys... thankyou for a brilliant night... it was worth every mile of the journey :lol:

Philly

ps ... better not forget.... Marcelle.. haha love ya to bits sis xx

Edited by Philly

Well that was yet another fantastic Lifeline. Loved every minute of it.

Loads of friends in attendance who had never been before - the North East lovelies, Kev J, Harry & Di, Chas & Eileen and of course our Nogger. Oh and one cousin who wasn't off the dance floor from the moment she got there. Go Ann Marie!

Was a little dismayed upon venturing out into the daylight to find my trousers covered in sawdust up to my knees :no:

I am totally knackered - well worth it though :D

Edited by jumpinjoan

I thought the floor felt 'gravelly' Joan... wonder if they'd recently sanded it or something and forgot to get the hoover out!

When the lights went up it looked like the floor had indeed been sanded and was yet to be varnished.

It was still good to dance on. Could have done without the funny looks at the services though :D

When the lights went up it looked like the floor had indeed been sanded and was yet to be varnished.

Joan,

Thats we thought about the floor,when I walked in our house the Mrs,said have you been rolling around on the floor.:no:

And we had a 2ft piece of wood fall off one of the girders,it hit our table it knocked the drinks off.

Nice to meet the S/S gang out.

Kev.:D

To the organisers - there are many words to descibe last night, one being tremendulteousness :D

As far as the music in general is concerned there isn't anywhere to touch it my friends so thanks to the regular DJ's who rarely disappoint & to the guests who didn't either particularly that nice German Herr Marc Forrest - und fur sie alein; es tut mir sehr sehr leid Marc aber meine erwartungen waren nicht hoch bevor gestern aber ich war angenehm an der Strecke der Musik ¼berrascht und verbl¼fft, die Sie spielten - verzeihen Sie mir wieder - sag bloss wie heist der lied von Flash McKinley eindlich?

Roll on the next one.

Mick

Haha! Nice one, was that a google translation or bablefish, fabulous LOL ! It was Flash Mc Kinley "Which Way Did She Go". Glad this tune that I indeed like very much got a good (dance floor) response rolleyes.gif

Thanks everybody for the great feedback and for making my visit to Lifeline truly fantastic. Really enjoyed what I think indeed was a great night. Extra thanks to dave and malaky who turned their home into a welcoming and wonderfuly caring home for all the German Soul refugees plus Naoko during friday to sunday. Oh, also wanna say extra thanks to that kind lady who gave me all those Soul (car) stickers as present outside when we were about to leave..now I only need a car LOL :lol: ...also thanks and congratulations to the promoters Chalky, Cliff, Andy and Mick ! You really have one fabulous allnighter going there, congrats again on 7 years fellas :ohmy:

Guest aaz19tdi

Well, what can you say :ohmy: What a fantastic night, first time for us and the nogger, sure as eggs is eggs we`ll be back. Many thanks to all involved with this nighter, you did us proud thumbsup.gif

Top night out with you and Di, funny as fuck as always ,still chuckling about our "chat" in the car :lol:

Well done for all your efforts with Nogger , respect to you two.:D

Thanks to the guys for a fabulous night. Wonderful music, and so many of my friends there, what more can you ask for? Loads of tunes new to me, plenty I know, but don't know title or artiste, and plenty of my favourites to get me out on the floor, certainly talc wasn't needed.Marc Forrest kindly played the Springers at my request, thank you. And thanks to Kenny Mac for his company and everything, we did have a laugh. Next stop the 100 Club and then Prestatyn. This is what life's all about.

Guest aaz19tdi

brilliant to hear the legends - deep inside marc....old wigan spin took me years to track down,,,really enjoyed ure spot..

Made Kathryns birthday night to hear our Henry c and the ivy leaguers-country girl, for me ,Robert tanner -sweet memories.

brilliant to hear the legends - deep inside marc....old wigan spin took me years to track down,,,really enjoyed ure spot..

Totally agree Mark, how good did it sound!!thumbsup.gif

enjoyed my first visit to Lifeline, lotsa tunes i've never heard before, so a few more to tracjk doiwn!! made a mental list of many of which i have now forgot :D . Enjoyed hearing the Ravins, t'other versions of 'That Beating Rhythmn' spun by Andy Dyson, and Butch's 'Just Like The Weather' , and what was that Four Tops (did I hear right??) that Butch spun?? Mark Forrest played some crackers too (other than the Legends!).

:ohmy::lol:

Totally agree Mark, how good did it sound!!thumbsup.gif

enjoyed my first visit to Lifeline, lotsa tunes i've never heard before, so a few more to tracjk doiwn!! made a mental list of many of which i have now forgot :D . Enjoyed hearing the Ravins, t'other versions of 'That Beating Rhythmn' spun by Andy Dyson, and Butch's 'Just Like The Weather' , and what was that Four Tops (did I hear right??) that Butch spun?? Mark Forrest played some crackers too (other than the Legends!).

:ohmy::lol:

Just Like The Weather is Mill Edwards (Exodus acetate).

The 4 Tops one will be Tommy Knight - Don't Bring Back Memories. One off acetate. Both in refosoul somewhere.

Guest BigPaul

Well, Due to a gammy foot, had to spend the night on the sidelinessad.gif

Just gave me chance to talk more crap, than i usually dowhistling.gif

At times it would have been impossible to get on the dancefloor, anyrodeno.gif

Still had a crackin' nite as ever , thoughyes.gif Thanx to all the Usual suspects for thatthumbsup.gif

Big thanx to my two lacciesrolleyes.gif Steve for taking me drive and KevH for fetchin' me beerbiggrin.gif

Nice to hear The Notations-You should know played outthumbsup.gif think it was Andy.

Not heard it in a while

Even tried to hop on one foot to it, me sense of balance aint as good as it used to belaugh.gif

Best

Paul

Edited by BigPaul

Good,solid night yet again.From start to finish.Did wonder what the dust was on my shoes when i got home!!

Nice to see Brett made it (taxi for Franklin),Di,Nogger etc,Spot for the "All our yesterdays" tour (Suzie Quatro?,you secrets safe),Nicola and Gilly (the invisible man,you avoiding me Richard..biggrin.gif ),TheFamily Babcock,Jason from Notts,Spirit (a fleeting visit lol).

And many more who i can't be arsed to recall. .

Butch the man (arse licking again..:) ),Marc Forrest all good stuff.

I'd also like to thank Steve L for the lift (how much petrol money?:ohmy: ),and Big Paul for letting me wait hand and foot on him,missing the chance to dance to Sir Joe.sad.gif ( he's pulled a fetlock.Paul not Sir Joe).

Till the next time chaps.:yes:

Haha! Nice one, was that a google translation or bablefish, fabulous LOL ! It was Flash Mc Kinley "Which Way Did She Go". Glad this tune that I indeed like very much got a good (dance floor) response :yes:

Marc

A bit of both - ich habe mit deine freundin/frau (Katerine/Karine?) kurtz gesprochen und habe erzahlt das ich halb Englisch/halb Deutsch bin - ich farhe in diese zeit zelten nach Deutschland im urlaub meine familie zu besuchen und darum spreche und schreibe ich auch nicht viel - das wegen muss ich hin und zu babelfish gebrauchen! That was all my own work....:ohmy:

ATB & KTF

Mick

It was a first time Allnighter experience at Lifeline for me and a few friends and must say what a great time all of us had.The majority of sounds were new to me,but what a refreshing change it was,it was like going to my first Allnighters many moons ago.Thanks to everyone involved and we'll be seeing you in the near future .Cheers Tony

(Highlights) Top night at lifeline music was excellent they always deliver. Really enjoyed everyone's spot, Marc Forrest did Shake a tail feather for me TOP MAN. Thanks Nick for hanging onto the record. Both sides were excellent. It was nice to hear George Blackwell, Tommy Ridley and The Dynells. Well done lads. (Low points) The floor really wanted a good polish considering we can't use talc no more and to me the floor is important to me as the music. One record was played I believe that was the B side no-one twigged it. I won't even play it to my pet spider Donald. (Surprising points) Harpo1 bought me a drink lol, and good angel gave me a candle, top night once again. Nev if you are looking in total respect show me those pictures on your mobile. Cheers Billy

Hi Chalky it could possibly be me I do have got canadian leather soles on my shoes but as the night went on the floor did get better, got a lot better for me, cheers billy

Billy,

I had to laugh when you put the towel on your head at the end of the night,your mate Razfoz,said to me my god its Colonel Gaddafi.:yes:

Hows the candle.:ohmy:

Atb.Kev.

Billy the floor is like a skating rink, it doesn't need talc? I had Doc Martens on, rubber soles and I could still move my feet, just the once mind, I was knackered :(

Hi Chalky .....My legs /ankles were killing me yesterday mate :(

Why the fook i wore a pair of trainers to a allnighter is beyond me :D

And Billy ...top bloke ,was great to catch up with you ,it's been too long my fellow brickie........and mums the word ,don't want any of the ladies seeing them pics eh wink.gif

Now to the real deal .......Lifeline is without doubt the numero uno place to be ..no ifs no buts ,no shite about wether you like oldies or whatever else your excuse is for never been or going to LIFELINE...this is as good as it gets :D

I almost feel like im insulting the rest of the dj's if i single out one person in particular because each and every one of the dj's i heard from 11pm till 6am were superb ,but i have to take my hat off to Mick H for the set he played on Sunday morning ...Eddie Parker sounded incredible as did Mel Britt (shame i was in the loo when it started :( ) ,records i aint heard played in a long time cos i've been chasing all things new for so long ....mind you , it was self indulgence for me when Tyree Davis hit the decks ....1st time ive ever heard it played in a big room and it sounded marvelous .

Butch played a lovely tune and dedicatd it to Lars and his lovely girlfriend and i had to ask him what it was ....why i bother asking for things when ive been drinking is beyond me :ohmy::yes:

A note to myself ...to make a note on my phone so i don't forget :yes:

Big thanks to all the lifeline crew for a top night ....and to all the good people i managed to have a banter with (too many to mention you all)

Lastly to Col/Gaz and Baz for the great company and the lift ...truly greatful as i would hate to have missed that one.

P.s ...did Kev J get home safely :(

As always you know what your getting a great night & great music not many places only one or two deliver as such on a regular basis.:yes: A great night all round always a pleasure . Kev the towel on his head gaddaffi without a doubt :ohmy:

I'd like to thank everyone for taking notice of our message tab the beginning of the night and throughout the night, I for one would be gutted to lose this venue because of a few thoughtless people. Some hard work has gone into promoting this venue. The talc ban will be strictly enforced at all our nights as will everything else we asked of you.

It's not surprising that talc is banned in many venues and if you saw the next day scratches in daylight, nobody could blame them. The cheaper talcs are particularly nutorious for destroying a floor. But, dancing wax (use a cheese grater) works well - as used for ballroom dancing venues etc. Think it was Vince who put us onto it about 10 years ago back home in Oz.

Many thanks to the Lifeline crew again ...knew Marc would wow them too :thumbsup:

Still not recovered,

m

Guest Kevin J

P.s ...did Kev J get home safely :thumbsup:

AHAH! Only barely.

Not much that I can add here ... thank you all for a great experience and a wonderful night. Manchester boys were great hosts, and it was nice to see some old friends and make a few new ones.

German contingent were well represented ...

I will be back as soon as I can! thumbsup.gif

mick???? do you really want me to start with latin?!biggrin.gif Great to see you, i don't normally put posts up (our san usually says it all for me) aka i can't get a word in edgeways.

WOW! what a fantastic venue,atmosphere' music and people, we really enjoyed our 1st time there. nice to meet chalky, wondered who had fantastic taste in films.... " i would'nt wanna be one of your teachers for all the coal in Barnsley" HA!

will deffo try and make it to scotland for your bbq---see you soon bud.

Donna

Guest karen b

Congratulations to all the Lifeline crew, hatsoff2.gif

Seven years at the 'cutting edge' is like doing 49 years of ' oldies'!!!! lol laugh.gif

it was great to see Andy and his friend who came all the way from Newquay for the night,wave.gif

and of course Marc, Carina,Lars, Alex and Susu, lovely to see you all over here yes.gif

too many other friends to all mention by name, it was lovely to share the night with youbiggrin.gif

Karen xxx

What a fantastic night! I've heard so many new tunes, that I felt like somebody, who has just started to get into the rare soul game.

Great to meet all of you (I'm in danger to miss out some, so better not to start dropping names) and really nice to put some faces to people I just knew from the virtual world.

Special thanks to Malayka and Dave, who took care of us and be the best hosts you can imagine.

I really enjoyed our friday night warm-up session at Dave & Malayka's house with Bob and Steve, who played some incredible good records to our little travelling party.

As a constant lurker here on soul-source, I can't really understand why everybody rants about the allnighter-scene in the UK. Lifeline is the living proof, that your scene is alive and kicking.

Oh, and our rare-soul-amabassador Marc did a great job. :thumbsup:

Lars

Source Advert