There Was A Time - Kennedy's, York (26Th Nov 2010)

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say thanks to all of those who pitched up last night, braving the freezing cold and eventual snow, for making it a corker!!! It is massively appreciated.

Also huge thanks to my resident, Ricky Nelson, for playing class tunes and putting me onto some new ones.

And finally, heaps of gratitiude to all the guest dj's, Get (Matt) Carter, Dale Byers and Andy Bellwood for mixing it up and keeping the dancers on their toes. "There Was A Time" again keeps the punters guessing as to what's next on the decks!!!!

Have a fab Xmas and see y'all on bank holiday Monday (27th Dec) 4pm onwards @ Kennedy's.

Playlists to follow shortly.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to say thanks to all of those who pitched up last night, braving the freezing cold and eventual snow, for making it a corker!!! It is massively appreciated.

Also huge thanks to my resident, Ricky Nelson, for playing class tunes and putting me onto some new ones.

And finally, heaps of gratitiude to all the guest dj's, Get (Matt) Carter, Dale Byers and Andy Bellwood for mixing it up and keeping the dancers on their toes. "There Was A Time" again keeps the punters guessing as to what's next on the decks!!!!

Have a fab Xmas and see y'all on bank holiday Monday (27th Dec) 4pm onwards @ Kennedy's.

Playlists to follow shortly.

Cheers Y'All,

Jay Cee

I must admit i was staggered how many turned out for what was elsewhere quiet in York - with the white out and heavy snow . I think we must have been the only car leaving York in the early hours as there were no car tracks in the snow to follow despite it being an A road ....

There was some fantastic tunes played last nite and it certainly wasn't one of those oldies/motown nites - but one where the djs caught the mood and thrilled whether it be the ultra rare Kae Williams acetate only 45 (only 5 in existance ?) , the £1k Voceil Myers , or the brill Sharon Jones cheapee everyone should have.

Couldn't resist playing the 'marmite' RL Burnside 'its bad you know' and chuffed that those who didn't know it enjoyed it so much ...Great sets from all the DJs and big thanks to Jay for a great little club , a freestyle dj policy and amazingly, free admission .

Edited by andybellwood

not forgetting the snow balling antics of Trev Thomas ......:ohmy:

Thanks very muh for the invitation over to Kennedy's Jay thoroughly enjoyed the night,was an absolute pleasure.

Great to meet up with Matt and Ricky at last some great tunage played by these fella's all round top night............:thumbsup:

THE PIONEERS C/U 'THE LOVE I LOST'

JOHNNIE TAYLOR 'BLUES IN THE NIGHT'

LULA REED ' WALK ON BY ME'

THE ETHIOPIANS 'TRAIN TO SKAVILLE'

THE INVITATIONS 'WATCH OUT LITTLE GIRL'

THE LOST SOUL 'SECRET OF MINE'

WILSON PICKETT 'LET ME BE YOUR BOY'

MAXINE BROWN 'LET ME GIVE YOU MY LOVIN'

KURT HARRIS 'EMPEROR OF MY BABYS HEART'

CODY BLACK 'I'M SLOWLY MOULDING'

GLEN MILLER 'WHERE IS THE LOVE'

R L BURNSIDE 'ITS BAD YOU KNOW'

GABIN 'INTO YOUR SOUL'

VAN McCoy & THE SOUL CITY SYMPHONY 'BLACK STABBERS'

ARETHA 'ONE STEP'

COLLINS & COLLINS 'TOP OF THE STAIRS'

TONY FOX 'LOVE, LET LOVE AND BE LOVED'

JEAN CARN 'WAS THAT ALL IT WAS'

THE SKULLSNAPS 'I'M YOUR PIMP'

I must admit i was staggered how many turned out for what was elsewhere quiet in York - with the white out and heavy snow . I think we must have been the only car leaving York in the early hours as there were no car tracks in the snow to follow despite it being an A road ....

There was some fantastic tunes played last nite and it certainly wasn't one of those oldies/motown nites - but one where the djs caught the mood and thrilled whether it be the ultra rare Kae Williams acetate only 45 (only 5 in existance ?) , the £1k Voceil Myers , or the brill Sharon Jones cheapee everyone should have.

Couldn't resist playing the 'marmite' RL Burnside 'its bad you know' and chuffed that those who didn't know it enjoyed it so much ...Great sets from all the DJs and big thanks to Jay for a great little club , a freestyle dj policy and amazingly, free admission .

Thanks again Andy for some great tunes. It was a cracking night, even more so considering the weather.

See you soon,

Jay Cee

Thanks very muh for the invitation over to Kennedy's Jay thoroughly enjoyed the night,was an absolute pleasure.

Great to meet up with Matt and Ricky at last some great tunage played by these fella's all round top night............:rolleyes:

It was a pleasure to have you guesting at There Was A Time. I am glad you enjoyed it. It was also great to hear the Voceil Myers, both sides.

Will see you soon.

Cheers,

Jay Cee

yes mate, you were well & truely snowballed, that'll teach you for playing that r.l. burnstein (sounds like a jewish lawer), "its bad you know" it certainly is

It was good to meet you Trev. Wish I'd seen Mr Bellwood "Well and truly snowballed". We will sort out a dj spot for early next year. drop me an email with your contact details on.

See ya soon,

Jay Cee

Guest greentangerine

I really enjoyed my 2nd time on the decks, felt much more relaxed than my debut. The only thing I'm unsure about is dealing with requests, I seemed to get alot, for the mainstream northern stuff. Did you guys just ignore them or not get any, maybe I just look approachable!!! Or amateurish!!

It's also a shame the odd Dick stumbles in from upstairs to make a mockery of the dancing. But thats unavoidable I guess.

Anyway looking forward to doing it again on the 27th, better get buying!!

Matt

GABIN 'INTO YOUR SOUL'

TONY FOX 'LOVE, LET LOVE AND BE LOVED'

toons and then some.....where did you get the tony fox?

regards moldie

ps...finally got cd..listening to it now

I really enjoyed my 2nd time on the decks, felt much more relaxed than my debut. The only thing I'm unsure about is dealing with requests, I seemed to get alot, for the mainstream northern stuff. Did you guys just ignore them or not get any, maybe I just look approachable!!! Or amateurish!!

It's also a shame the odd Dick stumbles in from upstairs to make a mockery of the dancing. But thats unavoidable I guess.

Anyway looking forward to doing it again on the 27th, better get buying!!

Matt

You played a great set Matt and look forward to you posting your play list .

As for requests - if you ain't got them in your play box you can't play them ....tho must admit I got some surprised looks when i gave that response ...