• Replies 10
  • Views 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Which is the definitive 1st press?

The ones with the separate 'block-lettering' of HME, or the ones where the HME letters are 'merged and arched'?

Rough valuations for each also appreciated.

TIA :thumbsup:

Wow, didn't know there where a 2nd press of this, not sure what I got but now I have to check :ohmy:

Found pictures of both:

post-3839-0-48435200-1290887192_thumb.jp

post-3839-0-83733100-1290887270_thumb.jp

Edited by Tommy1
Social source share

I recently bought a mintish copy with the separate "block lettering" on here for 350 ukp. don't know if it's a 1st or 2nd press, but it's surely an amazing record and real floorfiller.

both copies on popsike are with the block lettering and far cheaper than 350 ukp...

It's a killer record for sure and a real floorfiller. I heard that when the record was "discovered" some DJs paid a LOT of money for it rolleyes.gif

Social source share

I've had 7-8 of these, kept one of each lettering style, went as high as $1,500 to funk collectors when it was a total unknown, has dropped somewhat now but still not an easy record, total dancefloor destroyer.

Yeah, it was kinda bonkers the price it went for considering how many copies are (probably) out there.....good to see it's resting closer to a realistic value of $250-ish.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!