Leeds Central

Petedillon

Just heard that unfortunately Swish can't do the reunion.

That is a pity , as he would have been a creditable member of the reunion DJ line up .

I was - like many others no doubt - looking forward to his spot , for if it was anything like the spots he did at the last two Torch Reunions at The Ryan Hall , Swish proved that he could still do the business behind the decks .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest miss nancy

That is a pity , as he would have been a creditable member of the reunion DJ line up .

I was - like many others no doubt - looking forward to his spot , for if it was anything like the spots he did at the last two Torch Reunions at The Ryan Hall , Swish proved that he could still do the business behind the decks .

Malc

thats a real shame sad.gif

Social source share

Heheh! no sorry mate, Central membership card or £6 LOL!!

So that will be one white fiver , one ten bob note , and four half crowns then :thumbsup:

Malc

Social source share

thats a blurred '4' mate not a '1'..the School of Dancing were the earlier ones. They are what she used for the ballroom dancing members.

Yeah i think you might be right Pete thumbsup.gif. Shows I was there though eh? wink.gif

Also mine is like a beige colour, I've added a hue on the flyer to make it look blue.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Yeah i think you might be right Pete thumbsup.gif. Shows I was there though eh? wink.gif

Also mine is like a beige colour, I've added a hue on the flyer to make it look blue.

When can we expect a design with Barney McGrew , Cuthbert , Dibble and Grubb ? :hatsoff2:

Seriously , speaking of original " cast " members ( I know I we talked about them the last time I saw you Steve ) , but are Len , Joan and Derek still with us ?

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I had a 'pencilled-in' gig for this date which has now been confirmed so I won't be able to make it for what will be a brilliant night at probably the most important and influential venue in my life.

However, as we all know, The Central spanned a wide swathe across several decades, so the line-up is mouth-watering and will be a piece of history in the making without a doubt. I'm so pissed off that I won't be there this time.

So nail me down for the next one please Steve. If we can dig Twink out of retirement, me and him will double-deck and try and be teenagers again LOL........

And where the f*ck's Swish when we need him? Let's dig him out. Plus let's not forget Pat Brady who hosted the Saturday nights in the late 70's and played tons of great tunes.

The Central really was the best club in the world. Thank f*ck we were lucky enough to experience everything first hand. The history alone is astounding.

Love to everyone. I'll be right there in spirit, believe me!

Ian D :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Hi Everyone,

Unfortunately I had a 'pencilled-in' gig for this date which has now been confirmed so I won't be able to make it for what will be a brilliant night at probably the most important and influential venue in my life.

However, as we all know, The Central spanned a wide swathe across several decades, so the line-up is mouth-watering and will be a piece of history in the making without a doubt. I'm so pissed off that I won't be there this time.

So nail me down for the next one please Steve. If we can dig Twink out of retirement, me and him will double-deck and try and be teenagers again LOL........

And where the f*ck's Swish when we need him? Let's dig him out. Plus let's not forget Pat Brady who hosted the Saturday nights in the late 70's and played tons of great tunes.

The Central really was the best club in the world. Thank f*ck we were lucky enough to experience everything first hand. The history alone is astounding.

Love to everyone. I'll be right there in spirit, believe me!

Ian D :hatsoff2:

I did approach Swish and Pat Ian, but they are both otherwise committed (see PM)
Social source share

In answer to that, Malc. No all three passed away now,sadly. Steve there are a variety of colours Each year was different Ive also got a pink card with no date on!

Pete

Thank you for confirming that Peter , as I thought that would be the case with the mighty three .

Malc

Social source share

Thats sad, mate. Graham was a good friend of mine. We spent lots of time together over the years. He stayed at the flat I shared with Dave Thommo many times. Thats a bit of a bad blow really. You're gonna tell me Al Tatt is gone as well now?

Sadly Graham passed away about 6 years back

Photograph of the York gang with graham returning from the Torch

From the right me (Stewart Richards Graham,Ian Stewart,Tony Snowden

<a%20href=img028.jpg">

Edited by PeteDillon
Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Hi Steve----really looking 4 ward to this,pity Swish and Pat can,t make it , i remember Pat playing some records at the Central and then we,d hear them in his car and then at Wigan that night----Gone with the Wind,Strange Change,She said Goodbye --spring to mind --so its the Palace pub at about 11-45 then Pete???

T.C and Rani(1974 Central attendee)

Social source share

Hi Pete

Sadly I belive Al is very poorly and living in Northern Irlend

Photograph with Al outside the Torch great days

%3Ca%20href=TORCH.jpg">

Any news on Al, Stuart? i heard the same as you off kenny addo last time i saw him, had some great times with al over the years a real character and good friend :rolleyes:

Social source share

Great times lads yeah, it always messes my head up when I hear the good ones have sadly gone.

I remember 'Spud' from the Central who died early on, I think his name was Steve Tate? I know he was a fireman. and who could ever forget the mighty 'Bub'? What a top bloke and a great character, very sadly missed.

Yes as you say Pete, let's celebrate the memories of those who graced the Central back in the day who can no longer be there.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Great times lads yeah, it always messes my head up when I hear the good ones have sadly gone.

I remember 'Spud' from the Central who died early on, I think his name was Steve Tate? I know he was a fireman. and who could ever forget the mighty 'Bub'? What a top bloke and a great character, very sadly missed.

Yes as you say Pete, let's celebrate the memories of those who graced the Central back in the day who can no longer be there.

It would be a nice gesture to put up photographs of Len , Joan and Derek if anyone has them .

Malc

Social source share

Steve,

Are you doing advance tickets? as I remember - vaguely, you'd be pushed to get more than 400 in and it'll be difficult to get there for 1pm, I don't want an 80 mile drive to be locked out.

Shelly

Hi Shelly. yes I have decided to do tickets for the reunion. as soon as I get them in place I will post the link on here.

They will be available online and instore at 'Jumbo records' in Leeds, very appropriate, as this was the best shop and I think the only shop in Leeds where you could get Northern Soul in the days when the Central was running.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

just a thought, but if you get in half price with an old membership card , how you gonna sort that, with advanced tickets?? unless you get in regardless with old cards and dont need to buy a ticket. Sorry to confuse things but as its 4:15 in the morning and I'm at work wth nothing better to think about, I thought I'd stick a spanner in the works haha..sorry Steve.

Social source share

Massive announcement!!

Thanks to Malc Burton who has put me in touch, we have now able to add to the lineup 'Paul Rowan'.

Paul kept me on the phone for over an hour today until I ran out of credit LOL! chatting about the days

of the Central and the people that used to go and who he knew back then,and believe me he hasn't

changed a bit, he can talk for England.

So Brilliant news, we have now added another Original 'Central' DJ to the lineup. 'Paul Rowan'

Social source share

Massive announcement!!

Thanks to Malc Burton who has put me in touch, we have now able to add to the lineup 'Paul Rowan'.

Paul kept me on the phone for over an hour today until I ran out of credit LOL! chatting about the days

of the Central and the people that used to go and who he knew back then,and believe me he hasn't

changed a bit, he can talk for England.

So Brilliant news, we have now added another Original 'Central' DJ to the lineup. 'Paul Rowan'

I told you what would happen because of the BA ( Hons ) he has in talking Steve , that you would be in for a long siege , and you had to get a word in when you could biggrin.gif

If you think an hour on the phone was bad , you should have Paul ride shotgun with you in a car on a long journey :sleep3:

The good news is that Paul is still able to do the business behind the decks , and he will deliver the goods like he did of old on May the 1st .

Malc

Social source share

Sadly Graham passed away about 6 years back

Photograph of the York gang with graham returning from the Torch

From the right me (Stewart Richards Graham,Ian Stewart,Tony Snowden

Hello Soul Stu,

Nice to see photograph, although shame about Graham, happy days sometimes on the edge thogh. Is Tony Snowden still about, if so give him my regards if you dont mind, thanks.

Regards Jimmy Welsh.

<a%20href=img028.jpg">

Social source share

just a thought, but if you get in half price with an old membership card , how you gonna sort that, with advanced tickets?? unless you get in regardless with old cards and dont need to buy a ticket. Sorry to confuse things but as its 4:15 in the morning and I'm at work wth nothing better to think about, I thought I'd stick a spanner in the works haha..sorry Steve.

Yes Pete that does pose a slight problem. I think the best way round that, is that anyone with a membership card not buy a ticket and pay on the door. I have only ordered 250 tickets so that leaves approximately 150 places to pay on the door. Or to be on the safe side anyone that does have membership cards buy a ticket anyway to save disappointment on the day and forfeit the half price entry.

Social source share

I will be receiving the tickets, flyers and posters for the 'Leeds Central Reunion' at the end of this week hopefully.

I will post the online ticket sales link on here on Facebook and on the event pages as soon as it is all sorted, hopefully by the weekend.

Please note there will only be 250 tickets on sale and 150ish places to pay on the door, so don't delay!

Also as mentioned above, anyone that has an original membership card have 2 options

1- Buy a ticket to guarantee entry

2 - Wait and pay on the door for half price entry but get there early.

There is no other way around this unfortunately as many people are asking me to put tickets on sale.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Hi yes Tony's OK he was at the last months Drax still the same old Tony lol I will see if he is up for the reunion

Hi Stu, do you mean Tony Jackson? if so he's already agreed to do the reunion.

DJs now confirmed;

Paul Rowan, Tony Jackson, Rick Cooper, Dennis Billingham, Chris Mallows and me.

ALL original Central DJs

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!