Mrtag

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

Of course it's over priced, why not cut to the chase, it's the oldest trick in the book get friends to shove bids in and see what happens......Golden rule on Ebay.only pay what YOU think is the right amount.....£50/85.. max is what i'd pay.......but i got mine far cheaper than that.

Social source share

F*cking hell current bid $365 sold a copy last year for £30 Is it over priced Yes with ficking bells on it Prefer Universal Joint version

Kieran

When I Saw This I Thought I Was Missing Something !! I Thought I must Be Going To The Wrong Venues I Haven't Heard this Played Out Lately I Thought It Must Have Gone Massive Overnight ! ! Obviously somebody wants it Pretty Badly ! ! :yes::(

Social source share

When I Saw This I Thought I Was Missing Something !! I Thought I must Be Going To The Wrong Venues I Haven't Heard this Played Out Lately I Thought It Must Have Gone Massive Overnight ! ! Obviously somebody wants it Pretty Badly ! ! :yes::(

This has to be bidding up, no one in their right mind would pay that amount for this!

Social source share

Big on You Tube, the perfect model for obssessive wealthy computerised armchair collectors with sleeping disorders. :yes:

5 clips up there so people like it.

Think about it. It's the perfect tool for 50+ lazy buggers who can now investigate tens of thousands of tunes coming from hundreds of fanatics all over the world from the comfort of their sofa. Once they find a tune they like, they flip over to e-bay, gemm, discogs or musicstack and start locating it.

Sofa cyber collecting. It's the future. :yes:

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

True Phil ! It Can't Be That Hard To Find So Why Allow Yourself To Get Trotted Up !! Crazy !:(

Oh it'll be hard to find for a lot of people. I think there's an 'invisible' audience out there who don't necessarily get out that much. But they sure like to trawl records in cyber land in their leisure time. I know loads of 'em. They're the ones who ring me up every now and then and ask me if I know a tune they just picked up for next to nothing. :yes:

Social source share

It's a future that already exists...

Oh yep. :(

Can only get bigger. Right now we have the early adaptors. As more people slip into retirement they'll have more time on their hands and they'll discover the joys of continuing their obsessions via cyberspace and showing their neighbours their hobby. :yes:

Collecting 'real' artefacts from a sensational half-century of real musical creativity will be the equivalent to Antiques Roadshow in a few years.

Northern Soul is nowhere near peaking yet. Likewise long-term record values. The internet has expanded the audience massively.

And these records are pretty rare goddam it................:yes:

Social source share

This has to be bidding up, no one in their right mind would pay that amount for this!

It is definitely bidding up, but the bidder at the top of the list has actually bid that amount :(

Crazy, I got a copy of this for 20 odd dollars a year or so ago. Time to put it on ebay I think ........... unless everyone else does too :yes:

Social source share

what is the problem?? one over priced record, in some peoples views, among a sea of them...we moan when its under book price and over!!

it happens everyday. Mike may well start a new forum...

it's not a great record any way to get any ones knickers in a twist over

Tis true, every week on ebay there's hundreds of records that sell at prices well above their perceived value. In the same week thousands more sell for next to nothing. Why does this happen.....uummm probably cos it's an auction site and auctions will always have a habit of throwing up some very strange prices.

Book prices are meaningless in auction situations, plus are only meant as guides, not as the gospel truth.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Fellas' i've nailed it, if you look at the original ebay listing, then enlarge the scan you will notice the drill hole on the tip of the 'A' in Calla is actually .07mm lower than the majority of copies available, then you will notice the distance between 'Time: 2:35 and the word 'instrumental' is marginally deeper in this copy than in every other version i have ever seen, Geez i can't believe i missed that.......Thought you lot were real record collectors....And Ian Dewhurst you obviously drank to much Fennel tea when you were holed up in LA in the 70's...tut..tut...

Brett

Social source share

:yes: :yes:

Big on You Tube, the perfect model for obssessive wealthy computerised armchair collectors with sleeping disorders. :yes:

5 clips up there so people like it.

Think about it. It's the perfect tool for 50+ lazy buggers who can now investigate tens of thousands of tunes coming from hundreds of fanatics all over the world from the comfort of their sofa. Once they find a tune they like, they flip over to e-bay, gemm, discogs or musicstack and start locating it.

Sofa cyber collecting. It's the future. :(

I Think I Should Try Selling A Few ! I Could Be Rich By Christmas ! With My Luck The Ass Will Fall Out Of My Tunes !! :yes: :yes: :D

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Did you notice it trawling e bay or was your attention drawn to it by the e bay advert to the right ?

With these prices my redundancy lifestyle looks on the up

Correct !! The Advert In The Box On The Right !! I Don't Trawl Ebay That Much These Days And I Sure Wouldn't Be Looking For This 45 It's Not My Bag ! !:(

Social source share

Fellas' i've nailed it, if you look at the original ebay listing, then enlarge the scan you will notice the drill hole on the tip of the 'A' in Calla is actually .07mm lower than the majority of copies available, then you will notice the distance between 'Time: 2:35 and the word 'instrumental' is marginally deeper in this copy than in every other version i have ever seen, Geez i can't believe i missed that.......Thought you lot were real record collectors....And Ian Dewhurst you obviously drank to much Fennel tea when you were holed up in LA in the 70's...tut..tut...

Brett

LOL, I can assure you it wasn't fennel tea Brett! :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!