Sheldonsoul

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

must admit when it was thumping out of big speakers at venues in the 70s it was good, but i think like a lot of tunes they sound not so good when ur sitting at home playing em

I must have played this a thousand times and I could play it another thousand times without getting bored of it, it's absolute perfection and anyone who disagrees with me must surely be the victim of a cruel medical experiment :lol:

Social source share

I must have played this a thousand times and I could play it another thousand times without getting bored of it, it's absolute perfection and anyone who disagrees with me must surely be the victim of a cruel medical experiment :lol:

dont get me wrong im not a lover of the tune but then again i dont hate it,its like i said it sounds great out but i think it sounds a bit crap when you play it at home :wub:

Social source share

I must have played this a thousand times and I could play it another thousand times without getting bored of it, it's absolute perfection and anyone who disagrees with me must surely be the victim of a cruel medical experiment :wub:

Its a proper "Northern soul " record Pete ......ticks all the right boxes ,if you like that sort of sound eh :wub:

Admittedly i used to like this kinda sound way back ,but being introduced to different stuff ,has taken me away from the big room sound and it' lost it's appeal .

It does'nt detract from the fact it is a proper "northern soul" record .

Instantly recognised by the big drum roll and the mad rush for the dance floor eh Pete :lol:

Social source share

is there a definitive way to distinguish the reish from the original?

One way to tell, if you've got the record in your hand, is to look at the B side, the title fades slighty on the last couple of words. Also there are a few 'pits' in the run off. Plus an original vinyl demo is very, very rare, most are styrene.

Social source share

Guest lotusland

One way to tell, if you've got the record in your hand, is to look at the B side, the title fades slighty on the last couple of words. Also there are a few 'pits' in the run off. Plus an original vinyl demo is very, very rare, most are styrene.

from looking around a bit, it seems like the 6's in the deadwax and the print definition are different as well. any idea on whether the sound quality is different?

Social source share

Golly if that don't beat all! Could have got a Stardust copy for a tenner and stuck an ABC label on it. A bot is aboot is a boot..

Not a bad record, but outside my top 50...

Simsy i think you'll find a Bot is a Bot .....and a boot is a boot :thumbsup:

post-5460-0-29275600-1291110598_thumb.jp

post-5460-0-26861800-1291110616_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!