News: Brenda Holloway - Artist of the week

Guest KarenMuchmore

The You Tube view of Brenda H with the three gals on backing is superb. Thanks for that choice. I had my pic taken with Bren when she was over here in the early 90s. It was at Bretby Country Club, which frequently managesd to feature other rare artists for a time before the Weekender scene cornered that niche.

Having missed out on the Motown Tours in the early days, Brenda said it was great to be here at last and hoped to return with her sister, Patrice, sadly now having passed away.

I recently acquired a great r'n b style track by Brenda on the Donna label, entitled Hey Fool. a gem of a record in every sense and quite playable on today's scene, not the least because it's pretty rare and unknown.

Brenda was a significant support act fronting The Beatles on their first American tour, and there is footage (somewhere) of her at one of the stadiums where the fab four were playing. To be on that bill must have seemed to her as if she was heading straight for the top... GC

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.