Soul Galore - Crofton 26/11/10

Firstly thanks to Paul & Tony for inviting us back, Croftons music policy is superb, left totally to the DJ's

which is allways a bit of a gamble on the promoters part, especially where me 'n Johnson are concerned :yes:

Obviously we managed to extract Geordie from Stalag Luft Barnsley and bring him out into the open.

It seems like he enjoyed his short lived Exile as his opening statement on the mike summed it up

'wey hey Im free':yes:

Great to see the usual Crofton suspects with numbers looking healthier for a change,

We had a great time.:yes:

Appologies for the last minute runner without saying the usual goodbyes but the snow

gave Mrs W a turn for the worse so a quick exit was on the cards!

My drinking days are over until April as she has now refused chaufering duties

until spring.

Take Care

M.:(

Edited by MarkWhiteley
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Derek White

Hey up Mark.

Crofton's always a mixed bag music wise, and I mean that in the nicest way, :( Geordie and yourself did excellent spots, imo. residents great too. :yes:

great night socially as well, everyone catching up. had a really good laugh too. At one point I could here a constant buzzing noise, I thought it could be feedback through the decks, but it turned out to be summat else.........:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

What was it now......?

Thanks for a great night.

Drive home weren't too clever though.

Best,

Derek.

Firstly thanks to Paul & Tony for inviting us back, Croftons music policy is superb, left totally to the DJ's

which is allways a bit of a gamble on the promoters part, especially where me 'n Johnson are concerned :thumbup:

Obviously we managed to extract Geordie from Stalag Luft Barnsley and bring him out into the open.

It seems like he enjoyed his short lived Exile as his opening statement on the mike summed it up

'wey hey Im free':ohmy:

Great to see the usual Crofton suspects with numbers looking healthier for a change,

We had a great time.:lol:

Appologies for the last minute runner without saying the usual goodbyes but the snow

gave Mrs W a turn for the worse so a quick exit was on the cards!

My drinking days are over until April as she has now refused chaufering duties

until spring.

Take Care

M.hatsoff2.gif

First time for me and Helen. Really enjoyed it. The usual great bunch and a good mix of cracking tunes. Thanks to all the DJs for putting on a top night in awful weather. We'll definitely see if we can get to a few more.

ATB

John & Helen

(Darnall Horti & Washington)

Thanks to Paul & Tony for another good night at Crofton,the quality of the music is never in doubt with a great mix of all Tempo's from some top guests all year,

great idea to bring the decks forward and make the room seem a little bit smaller but still the biggest mystery surrounding this venue is why don't more people attend, another 10-20 regulars would turn this event from a good one in to a great one and hard to beat for anyone who wants to hear underplayed soul.

However despite the threat of snow there was a reasonable turnout to hear some of the best 60's/70's/Xover and a slice of Modern from Mark and Geordie and some great stuff as always from the residents. Hopefully Paul will post some playlists later.

Pleased to hear it is continuing in 2011 and really hope they get a few more to appreciate the effort put in by both residents every month at this superb venue.

Agree with Derek it was a scary journey home on the ungritted roads, 20mph all the way home but thankfully we made it.

See you all soon

Paul & Sue thumbsup.gif:thumbup:

Thanks to Paul & Tony for another good night at Crofton,the quality of the music is never in doubt with a great mix of all Tempo's from some top guests all year,

great idea to bring the decks forward and make the room seem a little bit smaller but still the biggest mystery surrounding this venue is why don't more people attend, another 10-20 regulars would turn this event from a good one in to a great one and hard to beat for anyone who wants to hear underplayed soul.

Pleased to hear it is continuing in 2011 and really hope they get a few more to appreciate the effort put in by both residents every month at this superb venue.

See you all soon

Paul & Sue :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My thanks to Mark & Geordie for treating us to a couple of hours of top tunes....and it would have been longer but for the intervention of bad weather. Always a pleasure to have these guys on at Crofton, they never fail to deliver. :lol:

mush.gifHope everybody got home safe and sound.

Here's what we were treated to on the nite:

Geordie 10.00 - 10.30

Manhattans - I Don't Want To Pay The Price Of Losing You

Jive Five - If I Had A Chance To Love You

Intrigues - Fly Now Pay Later

Chocolate Syrup - Your Up N Runnin

Roz Ryan - Your My Only Temptation

Willie Tee - First Taste Of Hurt

Gene Chandler - Without You Here

El Anthony - We've Been In Love too Long

S.O.U.L - This Time Around

Innersection - I'm In Debt To You

Eugene Record - Overdose Of Love

Jones - Who Loves You Baby

Mark 10.30 - 11.00

Tommy Tate - I Can't Do Enough For You Baby

C M Lord - Hey Mama

Chuck Ray - I Don't Mind

Fuller Bros. - Stranger At My Door

J P Robinson - Our Day Is Here

Earl White Jnr - Very Special Girl

Brenda Jones - Big Mistake

Chuck Overton - Is it Possible

Kelly & Soul Explosions - Talking About My Baby's Love

Doc Peabody - Here Without You

Paul Burton - So Very Hard To Make It

Geordie 11.00 - 11.30

Reachers - I Just Want To Do My Own Thing

Black Box - Fall Into My Love

Michael Wycoff - Looking Up To You

Marcia Hines - You Gotta Let Go

Ujima - I'm Not Ready

David Sea - Angel

Trumains - Ripe For The Picking

George Benson - When Love Comes Calling

Straight Jacket - The Greatest Part Of Loving You

Mark 11.30 - 12.00

Sideshow - Lonely Girl

Paul Kelly - You Make Me Tremble

Bobby Shannon - I Get My Groove

Glen Miller - Where Is The Love

Rudy Ludaway - What's Wrong Baby

Sy Hightower - I Know You're Leaving Me

Melvin Brown / James Mathews - Love Stormy Weather

Jimmy Conwell - L.O.V.E

Gene Townsel - I'm Walking Away

Gene Middleton - No One to Love Me

Friday, Saturday, Sunday - There Must Be Something

Cecil Ryan - This I Got To See

Thanks also to all who came along and supported us...not only on Friday but throughout the year.

No event for us in December but back in January 2011.

Paul

Edited by Soulgalore

Hey up Mark.

Crofton's always a mixed bag music wise, and I mean that in the nicest way, :thumbsup: Geordie and yourself did excellent spots, imo. residents great too. :yes:

great night socially as well, everyone catching up. had a really good laugh too. At one point I could here a constant buzzing noise, I thought it could be feedback through the decks, but it turned out to be summat else.........ohmy.gif:no::lol::P

What was it now......?

Thanks for a great night.

Drive home weren't too clever though.

Best,

Derek.

DEREK - THINK IT'S TIME YOU GOT NEW BATTERIES...............FOR YOUR HEARING AID!!! :lol:

AGREE WITH ALL COMMENTS - ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT AT CROFTON. DECKS BROUGHT FORWARD MADE IT A COSIER ATMOSPHERE. GREAT CROWD, GREAT TUNES FROM MARK, GEORDIE & RESIDENTS.

ROLL ON 2011.

AV :D

Big Thanks to Paul and Tony for letting us loose on the decks, I played it fairly safe however,

I thouroughly enjoyed myself, even if it was the last time i was playing some of my tunes due to the pending sale of most of my collection due to other personal commitments.

I had it in My Mind to Play South shore commission "FREE MAN" but resisted the urge. :) twas interesting that a few folk were commenting on the newcommer or asking if id been to a soul venue before, or whats your name?? :)

Have to add this though...Tom wheelhouse is now forever known as "Tom shandy" :yes:

And a massive thanks to Mrs Lorri Whiteley who got us home safe when the white stuff was falling, and for putting up with my none stop talking all the way home.

Thanks again to all

Geeoooooooordie

Guest Derek White

DEREK - THINK IT'S TIME YOU GOT NEW BATTERIES...............FOR YOUR HEARING AID!!! :yes:

AGREE WITH ALL COMMENTS - ANOTHER GREAT NIGHT AT CROFTON. DECKS BROUGHT FORWARD MADE IT A COSIER ATMOSPHERE. GREAT CROWD, GREAT TUNES FROM MARK, GEORDIE & RESIDENTS.

ROLL ON 2011.

AV :no:

<>>

Av. You cheeky thing. you know there's nowt wrong with my hearing aid, eh... what.... :lol:

First time I've seen you lost for words....... it lasted for about 5 seconds :) :) :)

Best, Derek.

Really enjoyed Mark and that new lad Geordie :):D spots, excellent tunage all round hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif along with Paul & Tony it made for a great nite. Reasonable turnout and good to hear that the venue will be continuing next year.

Bit hairy driving home but managed eventually.

Good to see the Doc has arrived in the Whiteley household.:yes: :yes:

Mick W