Soul In The Crown

First time visit for me to Soul In The Crown and was pleased to see a healthy crowd for the venue (100+)...............

A mix of soulies, skins and mods in attendance and good to see Tim Smithers and meet Ian Spittle, Dave Bentley, Russ (and Jo) - a nice friendly feel.

Music wise, sets a touch on the progressive modern side for me ; but certainly enjoyed Dr Pickles thumbsup.gif

Next event is the Xmas bash around December 18th I believe.............

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

First time visit for me to Soul In The Crown and was pleased to see a healthy crowd for the venue (100+)...............

A mix of soulies, skins and mods in attendance and good to see Tim Smithers and meet Ian Spittle, Dave Bentley, Russ (and Jo) - a nice friendly feel.

Music wise, sets a touch on the progressive modern side for me ; but certainly enjoyed Dr Pickles thumbsup.gif

Next event is the Xmas bash around December 18th I believe.............

Afternoon Kev...:thumbup:

good to see you last night...thanx for coming along.

A massive thanx to all that came to soul in the crown last night...pure class the lot of ya...

was good to see everyone...jordie Neil...Mr Wigan...The Russians...Mr Smithers...Venessa/Andy and the gang...the local Shirley crowd Guy/Steve & Lynn...so many names to mention...gr8 seeing you all...plus quite alot of new vaces..to be honest i was'nt sure how busy we were gonna be due to other soul nights going on along the southcoast...so we were very happy indeed to reach double figures again...

Dr Pickles & Ian Spittle were are guest dj's for the evening...banging sets getting spun by them both...the crowd loved it...10 out of 10...will defo be haveing thease guys back agian in the future...

The crowd was a mix as Kev has already pointed out so the balance of the chooons that got spun last night worked well...so much so that the dance floor was still seeing action untill the very last record...

Once agian a massive thankyou to you all...:ohmy:

Alfie...hatsoff2.gif

Edited by alfie00soul

Afternoon Kev...:thumbup:

good to see you last night...thanx for coming along.

A massive thanx to all that came to soul in the crown last night...pure class the lot of ya...

was good to see everyone...Jordie Neil...Mr Wigan...The Russians...Mr Smithers...Venessa/Andy and the gang...the local Shirley crowd Guy/Steve & Lynn...so many names to mention...gr8 seeing you all...plus quite alot of new vaces..to be honest i was'nt sure how busy we were gonna be due to other soul nights going on along the southcoast...so we were very happy indeed to reach double figures again...

Dr Pickles & Ian Spittle were are guest dj's for the evening...banging sets getting spun by them both...the crowd loved it...10 out of 10...will defo be haveing thease guys back agian in the future...

The crowd was a mix as Kev has already pointed out so the balance of the chooons that got spun last night worked well...so much so that the dance floor was still seeing action untill the very last record...

Once agian a massive thankyou to you all...:ohmy:

Alfie...hatsoff2.gif

Hey Alfie

Truly across the board tunes and a good crowd made for a great night.

As well as yourself and Chilli, the guests, The Doc (Loved his sixties tunes) & Ian Spittle(Backstabbers 2010) nice tune, were superb. Well done mate.

Good to catch up with so many people, Ruth, Dave & Tracey, Ian & Denise, Wigan Brian & Shirley, Geordie Neil & we met Val on the way out, Doc Pickles & Lou and everyone else i spoke to.

Looking forward to New Years Eve mate.

Keep on Soulin

Bob

Hey Alfie

Truly across the board tunes and a good crowd made for a great night.

As well as yourself and Chilli, the guests, The Doc (Loved his sixties tunes) & Ian Spittle(Backstabbers 2010) nice tune, were superb. Well done mate.

Good to catch up with so many people, Ruth, Dave & Tracey, Ian & Denise, Wigan Brian & Shirley, Geordie Neil & we met Val on the way out, Doc Pickles & Lou and everyone else i spoke to.

Looking forward to New Years Eve mate.

Keep on Soulin

Bob

Hi Bob...

Good to see you last night...glad you had a top night...thanx for the feedback m8...see you at the uni on the 18th...which is also looking to be another top night down on the south coast...till then take it easy...thumbsup.gif

Alfie...

Guest Dr Pickles

A top night with two enthusiastic promoters in Alfie and Chilli.

A great room with low ceiling, all dance floor, cheap bar at one end away from the dancers and it's own smoking garden / patio. All completely separate from the pub.

Music policy was truly across the board. Alfie made it very clear that I was to play exactly what I wanted. Don't worry about the floor and don't play safe. So I did just that. Loved it.

After 3 years Alfie and Chilli know their crowd and with all the DJs getting two spots there was a real mix of well thought out soul across the whole spectrum.

Interesting crowd with everyone in a party mood and open ears. Large, well dressed skinheads dancing to 70's crossover and dainty, high heeled ladies giving it large to some down and dirty R&B. A real mix of friendly people having a great time.

On a personal note we were made to feel very welcome. Great to meet some faces from Bournemouth such as Bob Snow and Tim Smithers. But the real bonus was bumping into two friends who used to live in Hemel but had moved to Southampton. Great company and lots of laughs.

Thanks again for the invite.

ATB

Doc

Hi Alfie,

Glad you had good numbers in.:wub::D Sorry we couldn't get there as both had stinking colds and best to stay in .

Will catch up with you in near future.:lol:

You got the mince pies in yet.:thumbup::shades:

Hi Dave & Viv...

hope your feeling better...no worries...get yaself better for the 18th...just under 3 weeks and counting...gonna be a cracking night indeed...

i got 2 boxs of mince pies and a tin of custard...lol

catch up soon...:wub:

A top night with two enthusiastic promoters in Alfie and Chilli.

A great room with low ceiling, all dance floor, cheap bar at one end away from the dancers and it's own smoking garden / patio. All completely separate from the pub.

Music policy was truly across the board. Alfie made it very clear that I was to play exactly what I wanted. Don't worry about the floor and don't play safe. So I did just that. Loved it.

After 3 years Alfie and Chilli know their crowd and with all the DJs getting two spots there was a real mix of well thought out soul across the whole spectrum.

Interesting crowd with everyone in a party mood and open ears. Large, well dressed skinheads dancing to 70's crossover and dainty, high heeled ladies giving it large to some down and dirty R&B. A real mix of friendly people having a great time.

On a personal note we were made to feel very welcome. Great to meet some faces from Bournemouth such as Bob Snow and Tim Smithers. But the real bonus was bumping into two friends who used to live in Hemel but had moved to Southampton. Great company and lots of laughs.

Thanks again for the invite.

ATB

Doc

Good evening Doc...

Thankyou for the feedback about Soul In The Crown...:lol:

A masive thanx for spinning some choons for us all on sat...blinding set indeed...:wub:

Had some really top feedback about your sets...Mr Castle & Paddy the Mod plus a few others...glad you & your freinds had a top night...:D

Until we meet up again take it easy...:wub:

Alfie

Edited by alfie00soul
Guest Ian Spittle

A bit late in my chat about Saturday night, but what a great night it was.

Thanks go out to Alfie & Chilli for inviting me to dj. I was not sure what to expect as it was my first time at the Crown but was pleasantly surprised. The crowd was a real mix of people but all out to enjoy a night of across the board soul music. It was great to see so many enjoying everything from early 60's / R&B, 70's crossover through to more modern tunes.

I was over the moon with some of the nice comments received after my 2nd dj spot, especially the guy who said that Bonnie Blanchard was the best tune he had heard in years :thumbsup:

Will be looking forward to attending future nights at the Crown.

Ian

Really glad you had a great night Alfir & Chilli but it dont suprise me as all 4 djs have quality tuneage and good guys too :lol:

sorry we couldnt make our nearest Soul night but had to be in Kent for personal reasons,

see you all soon :thumbsup:

A bit late in my chat about Saturday night, but what a great night it was.

Thanks go out to Alfie & Chilli for inviting me to dj. I was not sure what to expect as it was my first time at the Crown but was pleasantly surprised. The crowd was a real mix of people but all out to enjoy a night of across the board soul music. It was great to see so many enjoying everything from early 60's / R&B, 70's crossover through to more modern tunes.

I was over the moon with some of the nice comments received after my 2nd dj spot, especially the guy who said that Bonnie Blanchard was the best tune he had heard in years :lol:

Will be looking forward to attending future nights at the Crown.

Ian

Hi Ian & Denise...

Pleased as punch that you had a top night...two cracking sets from you...the crowd did defo enjoy it...yourself had some top feedback...a masive thanks to you aswell for coming along and spinning some choons for the crowd...hope to see you soon till then take it easy and stay warm...

Alfie...:thumbsup:

Really glad you had a great night Alfir & Chilli but it dont suprise me as all 4 djs have quality tuneage and good guys too :lol:

sorry we couldnt make our nearest Soul night but had to be in Kent for personal reasons,

see you all soon :thumbsup:

Evening Bearsy...

hope all went well for you down in Kent...:)

Thanx for the kind words...:lol:

it sure was a top night...:lol:

Catch up soon...say hi to Marie...