Guess The Artist - Silly Quiz Now Live

Godzilla

Back by popular (well about three people any way...) demand.

A quiz that's free to enter and more fun the more you put into it. I'll put up a pic of a white dud or dudette with little to do with Soul music - except at least one record that been played on the Northern Soul scene.

I'll also give clues and will answer 'yes' or 'no' to questions. Easy peasy and no shame if yopu guess wrong - it just helps keep things moving.

Here's what other people have said about previous quizzes:

"the best that that's ever happened in my life" Webby Dublin

" I know this one! I know this one!" Big Chris

" if you ever reprint my twiitter posts on a public forum again I'll sue you, you mollusc" Ian Levine

"You'd bettter do exactly as I say" Max Clifford

See pic in Next post....

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

• Replies 173
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Well that's me F**KED I was on The Jazz/Funk then the house scene in the 80's.......and l've walked down he re in snow for a mile and now l realize l've no chance of winning.....and it's costing me a kin fortune...........is it Jocelyn Brown?? It is isn't it :g::hatsoff2:

No it's Ben E King.

I bet you know it Webby. You'll just have to use your brain and we all know how tricky that is. Are they letting you booze in that internet Cafe by the way?

Social source share

Well that's me F**KED I was on The Jazz/Funk then the house scene in the 80's.......and l've walked down he re in snow for a mile and now l realize l've no chance of winning.....and it's costing me a kin fortune...........is it Jocelyn Brown?? It is isn't it :g::thumbsup:

You can always check out what the guy next to you is looking at :hatsoff2:

Social source share

lol thought the quiz was who is in the picture? Am I right Godz?

Damn you Peter! Took me ages to write out all the clues that I haven't used.

Did you know Donna Fargo is Yvonne Vaughn?

Donna Fargo / Yvonne Vaughn

From Wikipedia

Donna Fargo (born Yvonne Vaughan, November 10, 1945, Mount Airy, North Carolina) is an American country music singer-songwriter, who is best-known for a series of Top 10 country hits in the 1970s. These include "The Happiest Girl In the Whole USA" and "Funny Face," which both became crossover pop hits in 1972.

Fargo has won major awards since her debut in the late 1960s, including one Grammy Award, five awards from the Academy of Country Music and one award from the Country Music Association.

From Lyrics Freak

Early career before music

Fargo had been singing since her early years, but never thought about singing professionally. Fargo attended High Point College, then headed west to study at the University of Southern California. After getting her degree, she became a teacher at Northview High School in Covina, California, eventually progressing to head of the English Department. While in California, she met Stan Silver, who became her manager when Fargo was performing in California clubs and first seeking a career in music. At this point, Fargo was still teaching. Fargo and Silver married in 1968.

Career discovery

She soon started to appear around Los Angeles, California while teaching. She went to Phoenix in 1966, adopted the name Donna Fargo, and recorded her first single. Her first major concert was with Ray Price, and she began playing in Southern California. Fargo recorded for a few small labels in the early 1960s, including Ramco and Challenge, but songs like "Who's Been Sleeping on My Side of the Bed" did not catch fire. Although her original singles were not successful, the Academy of Country Music Awards named her the "Top New Female Vocalist" award in 1969. In 1972, Fargo recorded a single for the Decca label before achieving her breakthrough later that year.

Music career

1972 - 1978: breakthrough

In 1972, one of Fargo's self-penned songs, "The Happiest Girl In the Whole USA" was picked up by Dot Records. Fargo was then signed to the label, and the single was released the same year. She was one of the few female country singers to write her own material at the time, and one of the few country singers to cross over to the Billboard Hot 100 pop chart in a big way, which she did in 1972 with "The Happiest Girl in the Whole U.S.A." (number 11). The song peaked at #1 on the country music chart. An album of the same name was released following the song's success. The album was certified gold by the R.I.A.A. in early 1973, selling over 500,000 copies. The follow-up single, "Funny Face," also peaked at #1 on the country chart, and became a bigger pop hit than her previous single, peaking at #5. Both singles were certified gold by the end of the year.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!