TONY CASTLE

TIM SMITHERS

WIGAN BRIAN

GEORDIE NEIL

PLUS RESIDENTS

ALFIE & CHILLI

8PM TILL 2.30AM

£6 OTD

MULTI STORY CAR-PARK ON EAST STREET...2 MIN WALK FROM THE VENUE...

ALSO PARKING BAYS ON THE MAIN ROAD...EASY BUS & RAIL LINK...

no admission after 11pm...

Edited by alfie00soul
  • Replies 89
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest kellys99

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

NEW YEARS EVE SPECIAL

FRIDAY 31ST DECEMBER

AT MAVERICKS

HANOVER BUILDINGS

SOUTHAMPTON CITY CENTER

SO14 1JW

2 ROOMS OF QUALITY MUSIC

DOWNSTAIRS

MOTOWN / PHILLY & MODERN

UPSTAIRS

NORTHERN / R'N'B / X-OVER

FUNK & LATIN

DJ LINE UP

RAY NEW

BEARSY

THE KELLYS

THE SOUL SISTERS(TRACEY & NICKI)

TONY CASTLE

TIM SMITHERS

WIGAN BRIAN

GEORDIE NEIL

PLUS RESIDENTS

ALFIE & CHILLI

8PM TILL 2.30AM

£6 OTD

Will be a fantastic night! Such a wide variety of music between the two rooms! Bring it on!

post-10614-0-14500400-1291409220_thumb.j

Guest BintofSoul

Will be a fantastic night! Such a wide variety of music between the two rooms! Bring it on!

post-10614-0-14500400-1291409220_thumb.j

I'm really looking forward to spinning a few tunes! Yay bring it on! See you there Sandy.

Nicki XXX

Good evening ladies....:thumbsup:

Soul Sisters and Soulful Sandy...:thumbsup:

Southampton Soul Club are looking forward to you spinning those soulful choons of yours...biggrin.gif

Just founght out the Ginger Dave and his good lady will be coming down to visit us all on n.y.e...:thumbup:

This is Defo looking to be a gr8 night...:thumbup:

Have a top week...

Alfie

Are you in the modern room :thumbsup:

not sure what room its called but Alfie said something about making sure they are clean and when the rolls run out to replace with new ones :thumbsup:

SOUTHAMPTON SOUL CLUB

NEW YEARS EVE SPECIAL

FRIDAY 31ST DECEMBER

AT MAVERICKS

HANOVER BUILDINGS

SOUTHAMPTON CITY CENTER

SO14 1JW

2 ROOMS OF QUALITY MUSIC

DOWNSTAIRS

MOTOWN / PHILLY & MODERN

THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR BEING INVITED TO BE BEHIND THE DECKS ON NEW YEARS EVE , YOUNG ALFIE HAS YET AGAIN PULLED OUT ALL THE STOPS IN GETTING A GREAT AND VARIED SET OF D.Js TO SATISFY ALL TASTES ,

I`M ESPECIALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING BIG GEORDIE NEIL SPINNING SOME MODERN TUNES ,

IF IT`S HALF AS GOOD AS LAST YEAR ,WERE ALL IN FOR A TREAT !

SO GET YOURSELVES DOWN TO MAVERICKS NEW YEARS EVE !

SOOOOOO MUCH SOUL DOWN SOUTH .

WIGANBRIAN.

UPSTAIRS

NORTHERN / R'N'B / X-OVER

FUNK & LATIN

DJ LINE UP

RAY NEW

BEARSY

THE KELLYS

THE SOUL SISTERS(TRACEY & NICKI)

TONY CASTLE

TIM SMITHERS

WIGAN BRIAN

GEORDIE NEIL

PLUS RESIDENTS

ALFIE & CHILLI

8PM TILL 2.30AM

£6 OTD

Edited by wiganpotter

Good evening Mr Wigan...:thumbup:

Good to see you on sat night...

The soulies are looking forward to you spinning them chooons m8...spoke to Ray New today...looks like there is gonna be a good few of the southern Modern Crowd coming along aswell to show there support for the modern room....it's gonna be a busy night me thinks...:wicked:

gonna be a whole lot of soul down south this festive season....bring it on...:hypo:

See ya Soon M8...

Alfie...

...spoke to Ray New today...looks like there is gonna be a good few of the southern Modern Crowd coming along aswell to show there support for the modern room....it's gonna be a busy night me thinks...:huh:

Alfie...

hope this room goes well

lets just hope theres no sabotage like there was at the crown

moldie

hope this room goes well

lets just hope theres no sabotage like there was at the crown

moldie

Evening Moldie hope you & Carol are well...

Thanx for the good wishes for the room...

Sorry i forgot to point out that it's not just a Modern room as there will be Tamla Motown & Philly being played aswell...

at last years event we had a Ska & Bluebeat Room plus a northern room etc...thought we would try something different this year...so hopefully./.fingers crossed it will be a gr8 night...

I'm not sure but you might remember the venue...you dj'd there a few years ago...Molly was on the same night aswell...it used to be called the Strand...still got the poster somewhere...

Alfie

Evening Moldie hope you & Carol are well...

Thanx for the good wishes for the room...

Sorry i forgot to point out that it's not just a Modern room as there will be Tamla Motown & Philly being played aswell...

at last years event we had a Ska & Bluebeat Room plus a northern room etc...thought we would try something different this year...so hopefully./.fingers crossed it will be a gr8 night...

I'm not sure but you might remember the venue...you dj'd there a few years ago...Molly was on the same night aswell...it used to be called the Strand...still got the poster somewhere...

Alfie

yeah i remember that night very well....didnt it start off downstairs in the pub with northern ray then move upstairs?

very nice venue..great atmosphere

regards moldie

yeah i remember that night very well....didnt it start off downstairs in the pub with northern ray then move upstairs?

very nice venue..great atmosphere

regards moldie

Motown was being played downstairs from 5ish till about 8ish then carried on upstairs...a top night indeed...

It's changed hands since then though...had abit of a face lift...the guy that runs it now is from linconshire...well into his soul music...always a bonus in my book...his got a good few soulies coming down for it...was only on the phone to him this afternoon trying to sort out some catering for the event...no rest for the wicked...

Motown was being played downstairs from 5ish till about 8ish then carried on upstairs...a top night indeed...

It's changed hands since then though...had abit of a face lift...the guy that runs it now is from linconshire...well into his soul music...always a bonus in my book...his got a good few soulies coming down for it...was only on the phone to him this afternoon trying to sort out some catering for the event...no rest for the wicked...

left over mince pies..dry and cold turkey sarnies and whatever else is left over :thumbsup:

moldie

well you might get some good tips...:)

found a nice silver tray i could use :yes: ok its not quite silver its more of a tiny thing and ive just got to get rid of the steak and kindney stains and im in business :thumbup:

Guest BintofSoul

Good evening ladies....:D

Soul Sisters and Soulful Sandy...:thumbsup:

Southampton Soul Club are looking forward to you spinning those soulful choons of yours...:shhh:

Just founght out the Ginger Dave and his good lady will be coming down to visit us all on n.y.e...:lol:

This is Defo looking to be a gr8 night...:yes:

Have a top week...

Alfie

The BintofSoul sister's can't wait Alfie! I'm looking forward to eating cake :lol: !

Guest BintofSoul

I'm defo looking forward to eating those cakes Tracey is makeing...:thumbsup:

Will be putting the dj times up in a couple of weeks...2 spots for you girls...:D

Fantastic! Let's party like its 2010!

Guest BintofSoul

im afraid not..i dont do new years eve...in bed by 11pm with a cuppa...too many ugly women expecting a kiss puts me right off

moldie

:thumbsup::D:lol: Yeah I know what you mean!

THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR...BRING THEM ON DOWN FOR WHAT IS GONNA BE A VERY VERY SOULFUL PARTY INDEED...:thumbsup:

WILL YOU BE JOINING US ON THE NIGHT...

see my reply to nikkis post

plus drunken ppl falling about dont do owt for me

moldie

ps ill put the bbc2 radio show on while drinking my cuppa in bed lolololol

THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR...BRING THEM ON DOWN FOR WHAT IS GONNA BE A VERY VERY SOULFUL PARTY INDEED...:lol:

WILL YOU BE JOINING US ON THE NIGHT...

see my reply to nikkis post

plus drunken ppl falling about dont do owt for me

moldie

ps ill put the bbc2 radio show on while drinking my cuppa in bed lolololol

SEE THE POST...:D

YOU WAS ABIT QUICK FOR ME...BUT THEN AGAIN SO ARE MOST PPL...:lol:

TONY BLACKBURNS TOP 40...OR PICK OF THE POPS...:thumbsup:

SEE THE POST...:D

YOU WAS ABIT QUICK FOR ME...BUT THEN AGAIN SO ARE MOST PPL...:lol:

TONY BLACKBURNS TOP 40...OR PICK OF THE POPS...:thumbsup:

theres usually a two hour northern soul show

moldie

Guest BintofSoul

Looks like a few are coming up from the Medway towns for this night Alfie so were going to party like its 2011 :thumbsup:

Hope you're going to spin Fabulous Peps - Gypsy Woman :lol: ?

WELL 12 DAYS TO GO FOLKS , REALLY LOOKING FORWARD AS ALWAYS TO SPINNING SOME TUNES ,ESPECIALLY IN THE MODERN /PHILLY/MOTOWN ROOM

DONT KNOW THE VENUE BUT I`VE HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT . GOT SOME NEW TUNES TO SPIN ,SO I`LL PROB SPEND XMAS DAY SORTING OUT MY BOX

(OOOOEEERRR MISSUSohmy.gif) BAH HUMBUG !

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A REALLY SOULFUL XMAS ,AND HOPE TO SEE LOTS OF YOU ON THE NIGHT . HAD QUITE A FEW INQUIRIES LAST NIGHT AT STEVE LYONS

50TH DO , SO I THINK YOU`LL GET SOME OF THE BOURNEMOUTH AND WAREHAM CROWD ALONG

MERRY XMAS WIGAN BRIAN. beer.gif

Joe Pep looked lovingly into my eyes as he sang that in Wolverhampton; what a guy!

Karen he had awful wind that night did Joe :lol: love the Peps they did some great stuff :lol:

Nicki it might be a tad too riskay for this night but will defo give it a spin at the next Ghetto Soul :lol:

Guest geordie neil

well hold the bus!! thanks to southampton soul club for finally letting me spin some choons in the south......gonna be a crackin night downstairs.

in the modern/philly/motown room...expect rare & underplayed modern soul with the odd studio tracks lol thrown in :hatsoff2:i hope everyone brings there dancing shoes as we are gonna have a soulful start to 2011 :ohmy::yes:

hope you all have a merry christmas i'll see you all in mavricks for a dance...cheers geordie neil :yes:

Too right! Get it on the decks Bearsy!

ok i will promise to play it if enough of the soul crowd on here that are attending want it played and if they dont know it here it is for the public to decide, cant be fairer than that cos ive been slaughtered before for playing tunes like this at a soul night and i dont want to come accross as non dance floor ffreindly and up me own arse :lol: ok dont no one answer the last bit :lol:

let me know your opinions on the tune wether i should give it a spin or not on NYE :lol:

ATB

Bearsy

well hold the bus!! thanks to southampton soul club for finally letting me spin some choons in the south......gonna be a crackin night downstairs.

in the modern/philly/motown room...expect rare & underplayed modern soul with the odd studio tracks lol thrown in :hatsoff2:i hope everyone brings there dancing shoes as we are gonna have a soulful start to 2011 :lol::yes:

hope you all have a merry christmas i'll see you all in mavricks for a dance...cheers geordie neil :D

In that case im putting a plea in to Alfie to not have us djn at the same time cos that sounds very appealing to me Neil :lol: Alfie are you reading this MATE :lol:

GONNA BE A CRACKING NIGHT AND A GREAT WAY TO SEE IN THE NEW YEAR ME THINKS :lol: