Christmas Cream Cracker

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

The morning after the night before.

Firstly I would like to apologise for the freezing conditions at The Cream Cracker last night. I think there was Ice on the inside of the windows in the foyer at one point, and that aint right. My fault as I should have closed the shutters to seperate the two areas off thereby containing what heat there was in a confined space. Once I had done this the room heated up rather quickly (ish) coupled with over 100 people dancing.

However 130 ( ish) rather chilled souls braved last nights freezing temperatures to come along and raise some needed funds for The Lurcherlink charity as suggested by Nidge this year. As a thankyou to Nidge for his continuing support and help with the Cream Cracker we were only too happy to donate this years funds across.

A great £600 was raised ( it was £585 but Nidge put £15 in to round up).

DJs for the night were Wayne Moseley, Marky Mole, Smiggy, Ian J, Moldie and Nidge. Now you could say that the reason the floor was continously in use was to try and keep warm but with the line up we had you wouldnt be sitting for long, as was the case.

The turnout far exceeded my expectations what with the Sunny Hunny Weekender and the weather etc...

We still had a full room at 2am, but that may have been because we didnt want to go out into the 2am freezing night air.

Just want to say WELL DONE to the guests for getting the temperature up and keeping it up in the room and a massive THANKYOU to the people who came along and managed to raise such a brilliant sum of money.

So if you braved the cold and quelled the money raised give yourselves a pat on the back.

Hopefully see you in March where the weather will be better, hopefully, (if not I'll hire a space heater) and the guests are Colin Brindle, Al Shaw, Molly, Derek Higham and Bully.

many thanks and kind regards

Kev and Karen

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Northern PhanTom

Great peeps, :wub: great music, :wub: great sum raised for charity, :D shame about the sub zero indoor temperatures, :shades: nuff said, :lol: I will let a copy of my letter to the local Evening Telegraph comments page say the rest.

After attending a local Charity Event at the Rothwell Town Football Club on Saturday 27th 2010, in my opinion the management of this establishment should have their events licence revoked. To offer room hire in the middle of winter without any form of adequate heating is a disgrace, admittedly outside temperatures were well below zero but frankly the efforts to heat a large room with a calor gas heater were a joke.

It was only through the warm hearts of the 120 or so people that attended this event, many that had travelled some distance to support it, that by the end of the evening their body heat had raised the room temperature.

My advice to The Cream Cracker Soul Club who organised this event is to seek new premises for their future nights as staying at the current one can only be detrimental to their cause.

J Carter (Corby)

Tom :thumbup:

Guest the major

A series of firsts for Vikki & me.

First time I've been to a soul do in sub zero conditions (I know you like it tuff up north but seriously ..)

First time I've danced in me coat (Til I warmed up a bit)

First time we went to the Cream Cracker -- what a top night in terms of music quality and friendliness of folk. Kev's put on a great do here and I really would commend it to anyone. I think we'll be back. In the Summer.

Sadly the last of my firsts was someone lifting my mobile phone. If you're that hard up, I'll buy you a new one whoever it was; what I can't buy is the photos of my kids, of mates and the memories on there. So please return it to Kev, anonymously if you have to, 'cos if you don't and I find you, I'll have your fking Jacobs off.

Let's end it on a positive note;

Hope you had a nice birthday Moldie; the cake was lovely

Just a few words to say thankyou to everbody who attended the cracker soul night , a cold night it was many thanks to kev and karen for letting me choose this years charity , every penny that was raised on sat night £605 you have kindly donated to the lurcher link hatsoff2.gifhow good is that ,

Enjoyed the music throughout the night thumbsup.gif top peeps , keep up the good work atb nige & bernie

after leaving gloucester around 9am it was up the m5 and on to kettering to meat kev and karen for breakfast...there was little or no snow so i made good time

i arrived in a sleepy state after the niter and the bucket of tea from karen certainly hit the spot and kevs culinary skills

were a joy

i left kevs after loading up the equipment and went to my hotel for a snooze but that didnt happen as my room mate turned up and it was into the village for supplies

i have to admit i was struggling at 6pm to stay awake but a long shower soon sorted me out and it was off to the venue where

Wayne Moseley was getting ready to start his early doors set...the venue was freezing so hats,coats and scarves were the order of the evening

i really enjoyed waynes set and it certainly warmed me up..next up was Marky Mole and once again he did himself proud and had

me looking for two of his tunes upon my return to the hotel

Smiggy took to the decks and played a superb set and the venue had filled up nicely by this time and it wasnt long before extra

layers of clothing were discarded...upon chatting to kev and karen i found out the heating was knackered but like the brits do

so well you just get on with it and make the most of the situation...the atmosphere was superb and the heat generated by the dancefloor action

helped warm everyone up..Ian J followed smiggy and carried on where he left off..rammed dancefloor and great toonage and

something for everone left the dancefloor happy...it was now midnite and my turn to spin some toons....there had been plenty of

banter about me playing some modern stuff and i did have some requests but i was never going to alter the venues music policy

although i did manage one track from 2005 it sounds years older so it went unnoticed..the closet i got to modern was jan jones and the innersection which were

both very well recieved..my hour soon came and went and i did manage to play most of the requests i was asked for

kev and nidge were up next and it was great to see not too many ppl had done the cinderalla act of leaving at midnite

those that remained till the end..about 90/100 were treated to a great set by kev and nidge and i have to say sent home crackered and happy

the amount raised for the lurcher link was great and nice to see ALL proceeds from the night went to the charity and not used to pay

the djs or expenses occured by kev and karen

the promoters deserve a massive pat on the back..not cow...as do the djs for doing a sterling job

many thanks for all the cards and nice birthday wishes..mega thanks to the NEWARK crew for the cake,drinks and party atmosphere

its always great to see claire,gus,tracy and co..thanks for the prezzies claire..boxers are great..carol said you have taste

im reading the book already and the cup is getting regular use...nice to see tom and therese and the major and his good lady...lee.kath and wendy from soul cake

and everyone else that made this night a great success

highs of the night......great music and company and the cash raised for the charity

lows of the night...it ended

to the small amount of ppl that moaned about the heating.....get over it..standing around moaning aint gonna change things

or warm up up

regards moldie

you tube to follow

Edited by Guest
Guest kev such

lowpoint of saturday night :hatsoff2:

I think the lowest point of Saturday night was the reading on the thermometer, however you slipping a couple of 70's tunes on was a close run second, ya bugger.

Dont know about a naughty step Mick, I could think of something more apt.

Great review and tube. Thanks for the gargantuan effort you made to get here and do your spot mate, marvellous.

Regards

Kev

Im DEFINATELY screening your box next time you guest for us.:thumbsup:

Next Cream Cracker is 19th March. DJ line up is

Colin Brindle,

Scouse Robertson ( 30 minute punter spot),

Al Shaw,

Molly,

Derek Higham,

Bully

and Me.

Edited by kev such

I think the lowest point of Saturday night was the reading on the thermometer, however you slipping a couple of 70's tunes on was a close run second, ya bugger.

YOUR RIGHT KEV..I GOTTA STOP SLIPPING THINGS IN

Dont know about a naughty step Mick, I could think of something more apt.

OMG...YOU GONNA MAKE ME SIT ON KARENS KNEE

Great review and tube. Thanks for the gargantuan effort you made to get here and do your spot mate, marvellous.

CHEERS MATE..ILL TRY TO SORT FOOTAGE OUT OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS

Regards

Kev

Im DEFINATELY screening your box next time you guest for us.:hatsoff2:

YOU WONT KNOW MANY OF THE TUNES IN THERE KEV SO ILL BE OK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

MOLDIE

Congratulations Kev & Karen on raising a fab amount for a very worthy cause ..

Each Cream Cracker I go to just seems to get better & better ..

Its like being at a private party its so relaxed & friendly ..

Where else could we order pizza & sit there munching it between dances , seems to be turning into a ritual now for me & Annabelle.. Yum Yum !!

It was Moldie's Birthday too & I hope you enjoyed ur cake & pressies mister ..

The music was superb as usual & you weren't on the naughty step for long Moldie ..

We could have done with Nanny McPhee there to discipline u .. !!! ..

Great night & fantastic company .. Thanku everyone ..

See you all in March ..

Claire xxx

Congratulations Kev & Karen on raising a fab amount for a very worthy cause ..

HERE HERE

Each Cream Cracker I go to just seems to get better & better ..

HERE HERE

Its like being at a private party its so relaxed & friendly ..

HERE HERE

It was Moldie's Birthday too & I hope you enjoyed ur cake & pressies mister ..

I LOVED IT ALL THANKYOU

The music was superb as usual & you weren't on the naughty step for long Moldie ..

ABOUT TEN MINUTES..I WAS COLD AND LONELY

We could have done with Nanny McPhee there to discipline u .. !!! ..

I ACTUALLY THOUGHT I SAW HER THERE

Great night & fantastic company .. Thanku everyone ..

HERE HERE

See you all in March ..

HERE HERE

Claire xxx

HERES SOME FOOTAGE FROM THE EVENING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9U2jrdlD6g

see yer saturday Kev and Karen you will love the co-op, top place.

i know the soul crowd enjoy each others company but doing the weekly shop together is a bit much

moldie