2011-05-29: Manchester European Soul Weekender

Event Title: Manchester European Soul Weekender

Event Author: toodarnsoulful

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sun 29 May 2011

-------------------------------------------------

Manchester's European Soul Weekender

In association with Eurocultured Festival

Following on from last years success we've gone all out...

Sunday 29th – Mon 30th May @ the Palace Hotel https://www.palace-ho...nchester.co.uk/

Manchester will be hosting one of the best Rare Soul Events of the year in the UK.

Closely followed by a Chill out session at Pure Space Manchester across the road the next day from 2pm - 6pm

12 Hours of Rare Soul played by some of the best DJ's Europe & the UK have to offer.

Sunday 29th 2pm – 2am Palace Hotel Grand Ballroom, Oxford Road

Bank Holiday Monday 30th 2pm – 10pm Chill out day Eurocultured festival – Pure Space Bar, New Wakefield St (opposite Oxford Road)

Each DJ will delve deep into their record box to bring a selection of the finest tunes cut to vinyl.

It's an honour to host some of the finest of the European Soul Scene in one of the birthplaces of Rare Soul in the UK....

Dj's: (MORE TO BE CONFIRMED!!)

Marc Forrest (Hip City Soul Club,Germany)

Edu (Spain) (MOVIN' ON, Spain,)

Jorg (Sound of Soul & Recordshack, Austria)

Dave Ripolles (UK)

Mick H (UK)

Malayka (SoulShakers, Switzerland)

Matt Fox (Soul City, Germany)

Christian Ostlund (Soulastatic, Sweden)

Gary Bratchford (Soulutation, UK)

Liam Quinn (Beat Boutique, UK)

Steve Cato (Soul Or Nothing) UK

Pete Roberts (Twisted Wheel, UK)

Paul Barker ( Beat Boutique) UK

Tickets - £10 early bird special with access to the festival site over both days too!

Tickets can be bought directly from https://www.skiddle.c...vents/11409292/

More DJ's to be confirmed and hotel offers to be added!

For more information contact eurosoul2011@gmail.com

www.eurocultured.com

THE PALACE HOTEL IS OFFERING A DISCOUNT ON ALL SOULIES WHO ARE ATTENDING THE EVENT AT THE 4* HOTEL WHICH WE WILL POST THE REQUIRED CODE UP ASAP...Along with all other details on travelling to Manchester and other discount accomodations that you can also access..

On this Weekend Manchester Also is Hosting Events Such as Soul Or Nothing (Friday Night)

Radcliffe All-nighter (Saturday)

So it's the perfect opportunity to get a full weekend of Soul in Mancunia....

MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW!!

TICKETS ARE LIMITED SO WE RECOMMEND YOU BUY EARLY TO NOT BE DISSAPOINTED...

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Edited by toodarnsoulful
  • Replies 96
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest sistasoul123

Tickets now available online with more Dj's to be added this evening!!!...

This looks a good way to spend the bank hol :thumbsup:

Are you sure tickets are already available? Says this on Skiddle: "No advance tickets are available to purchase for this event. If you are the promoter for this event, get in touch with Skiddle if you would like to sell tickets direct through Skiddle"

Edited by sistasoul123

This looks a good way to spend the bank hol :yes:

Are you sure tickets are already available? Says this on Skiddle: "No advance tickets are available to purchase for this event. If you are the promoter for this event, get in touch with Skiddle if you would like to sell tickets direct through Skiddle"

Tickets NOW on sale - good spot there sista.

also bookable via...

https://www.skiddle.com/tickets

and

Local rate ticket hotline: 0844 884 2920.

And to top it off...we've got another email to get us on now too, eurosoulweekender2011@yahoo.co.uk

Happy Soul!

Guest Leona M

This looks like it's shaping up to be a seriously good weekender! It's a great excuse for me and the Hubster to leave London for the weekend and head home to God's City for the Bank Holidayyes.gif

Having seen most of the Dj's in action around Europe and at home, I'm looking forward to a weekend of the most exquisite music ...not to mention some of my very favourite people behind the decks wub.gif

Don't wanna wish my life away but i've already bought my tickets and booked my accommodation ....I'm that keen!biggrin.gif

Have it!

Leona

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hey everyone, hope you're well.

Just a little update as we begin what looks to be a cracking year for soul.

Tickets are selling, £10 early bird tickets NEARLY ALL GONE. £10 gets you two days, yes TWO days of the finest soul you're likely to hear this coming summer.

You can pre order the tickets via Skiddle.com and searching for the European Soul Weekender.

Once this allocation has been sold we will release select number of physical paper tickets which you'll be able to buy from specific locations until we've sold out! More details to follow.

Also a few pictures of the room before we reveal the floor.

Spread the Faith,

Gary

post-22431-0-87148800-1295203623_thumb.j

post-22431-0-26029800-1295203682_thumb.j

post-22431-0-95391000-1295203729_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gah! Hope there's one or two tickets left!

Yesh yesh. Flight is now booked and I'm so, so ready for Manchester!! It's been a while..

Looking forward. See you there! :lol:

Edited by Hanna
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HOTEL INFO!!

all those wanting to stay at the Palace hotel - 5* hotel and one of the best there is, then this is the deal...

£72.00 Bed and Breakfast Sole Occupancy and £77.00 Bed and Breakfast Double Occupancy

Guests should quote 'EuroCultured Soul' and the dates and they can book.

Call: Nicola McKeown Conference & Events Sales Manager

t. +44(0)161 233 5147

well worth it if you want to dance all night then simply get into a lift to your room, sleep and wake up to do it allllll again :lol:

more deals to come!

Guest Leona M

Here is the E-flyer

More publicity and information to come!

Don't keep the faith, spread it and spread the word - this will be mega!

Facebook event page

Hey mate

Haven't seen any flyers down south ...wanna send us some and I'll put some out for ya?hatsoff2.gif

Leona

LOOKING FORWARD TO A CORKER OF A WEEKEND IN MANCHESTER

TILL THEN

B GOD

MICK Hrolleyes.gif

in fact you could stay the whole week in berlin after having deejayed may 21st and then join the berlin soul train heading for manchester :rolleyes:

looking forward to this great weekend...knowing how much hard work, energy and enthusiasm gary and liam have and continue to put into it this will be not only massive but a weekend to remember!

More soul than you can shake a vinyl at during the Manchester European Soul Weekender as it'll also be the very first (and maybe the last) 7" Soul Club doing a very special after-party on the 29th of May.

7" Soul club at the Seven Oaks, just off Mosley St, Manchester (10min walk from the Palace) will be running from 1am on the 29th of May till 6am so pop down after the first night at the Palace Hotel and keep the night alive.

Free in with your weekend wrist band, it's got a nice little room upstairs to dance, chat and drink into the weeee hours!

Just a little treat for all those coming to the weekender to make it that little bit extra special!

I'll be DJ'ing if I'm still awake as will Paul Jr Walker plus a few other guests TBA'd.

Flyer and extra details to follow

:rolleyes:

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B

This is looking like a very soulful weekend in Manchester....

Eurocultured, Soul or Nothin' and the begginig of 7 inch soul club!!!

Looking forward to the 1st week in June no.gif

Hang over going to be bigger than the weekend itself ahhhh!!

Edited by PJW84

:elvis:

This is looking like a very soulful weekend in Manchester....

Eurocultured, Soul or Nothin' and the begginig of 7 inch soul club!!!

Looking forward to the 1st week in June no.gif

Hang over going to be bigger than the weekend itself ahhhh!!

Only Friday to Tuesday with an all niter/ all dayer and few soul events also...

Sounds like a normal long weekend for you Junior laugh.gif

Looking forward to seeing freinds from Sweden/ Germany/ Spain and all the usual weekend loonies :D ...

A little bit of Euroculture... Bring it on.... :yes:

Absolutely cannot wait, thanks to everyone for the support so far!!....Gary and I are currently having breakdowns and going grey!! but it'll all be worth it!!!!Unique opportunity to get friends from all over Europe who've been so hospitable to myself and soo many people from the Soul Scene when we travel over to Europe, giving hopefully a little bit back and having a BIG BLOODY SOUL WEEKENDER TO REMEMBER!!In Soul Liam (and behalf of Gary too)

Absolutely cannot wait, thanks to everyone for the support so far!!....Gary and I are currently having breakdowns and going grey!! but it'll all be worth it!!!!Unique opportunity to get friends from all over Europe who've been so hospitable to myself and soo many people from the Soul Scene when we travel over to Europe, giving hopefully a little bit back and having a BIG BLOODY SOUL WEEKENDER TO REMEMBER!!In Soul Liam (and behalf of Gary too)

I second that Hombre - everyone has been really supportive & the messages I've had have kept the spirits high, especially as I'm yet to meet most of the people involved.

Just a loose idea 9 months ago after the first mini Soul vs Popcorn event at last year's Euroculted festival it's all starting to shape up nicely.

I cannot wait to hear the first beat on the inaugural record at 2pm and we can both finally relax.

MASSIVE weekend of soul!

Gary :D:D:D

Hola everyone, not long now and its gearing up to be a fantastic weekend in Sunny Manchester!! Yes i did say Sunny Manchester ha :rolleyes: ...... The running times for the Dj's will be announced as soon as possible as you can imagine lots of people travelling from afar we want to put our European Guests first in the whole planning, lets just hope those who are here for New Century @ Radcliffe wake up in the next day!!! laugh.gif and no flight delays would be a blessing also thumbsup.gif but hey these things always work out yes.gif and I'd like to thank all those who've given us so much support so far...

Gary and I are a pair of young Soul Music Fans (haha can i still say i'm young??ph34r.gif) Who've Volunteered are time for Free! to organise something we thought would be bloody special and MASSIVE FUN (ha organising isn't that fun though ohmy.gif ) and we have a feeling it will be MEGA!!

We've set out to create a weekender of No Ego's, Just a group of dj's, dancers and Soul Fans together under one roof, one city on the same weekend having a party with the greatest Music on Earth...

Looking forward to seeing you all soon...

L

By then Mark i will be speaking Germanhatsoff2.gif

Mick H

we can try to teach you some on may 21st :unsure: ....its getting closer to the event now...really looking forward. especially as after the big Bamberg weekender (which was..OUTSTANDING!!...I now still have that weekender fever within in me...need a new dose urgently... yeah!

:thumbsup:

Running order for Sunday, 29th of May!!!

2pm - 2am (12 hrs)

10 DJ's

2:00pm-3:30pm - Steve Cato*....(unless his beloved football team makes it to the final on the same day in which case we've got a special guest lined up to fill his dancers) we now all know, its football before soul :D...he'll be missed but we look forward to seeing you at some point over the weekend Steve!!

3:30pm-4:40pm - Twisted Wheel

4:40pm-5:50pm - Malayka

5:50pm-7:00pm - Edu

7:00pm -8:10pm - Jorg

8:10pm-9:20pm - Dave Rippolles

9:20pm -10:30pm - Matt Fox

10:30pm-11:40pm - Christian Ostlund

11:40 am-12:50am - Mick H

12:50am -2:00am Marc Forrest

Mondays list to follow with a little spot from myself & Liam to round thing off

Really looking forward to it guys!

hatsoff2.gif:hatsoff2::boxing::hatsoff2::P:hatsoff2: