Little Star Record Label

Denbo

Can anybody enlighten me regarding the two colours that this label seem to have released?

Apart from the white Demos, they seem to have released some with a light green label and some with an orange label. And some have been released in both colours.

Any advice / opinions welcomed.

Does one represent a reissue of the former. In othere words, are green labels originals and orange labels reissues?

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anybody enlighten me regarding the two colours that this label seem to have released?

Apart from the white Demos, they seem to have released some with a light green label and some with an orange label. And some have been released in both colours.

Any advice / opinions welcomed.

Does one represent a reissue of the former. In othere words, are green labels originals and orange labels reissues?

Hi Den, Not All The Green Labels Are The Same Colour Some Are Darker With A More Claret Coloured Print ! Guess It's Down To Who Did The Printing And What Base Colours they Had ! Small Label, small Funding, Same Old ! Same old ! With Some Smaller labels yes.gif:thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi

Little Star is another of my pet labels and to date have 8 (eight) different coloured labels including, black,orange, white and at least 5 variants of green. these I would not say are shades but different variants of green.

Some of the same label greens are fades from the original colour but you could not say in all fairness, that the different 5 I have (well to my eyesight) are of the same shade of green. I would suggest that HB Barnum or the pressing plant just used whatever was availbale.

I wish I had this question nearly 20 years ago when he was at the Soul weekender in Gt. Yarmouth and we (Dave Rimmer) had the pleasure of his company over dinner for a whole evening, now theres a story in itself?

Only one concerns me as to prehaps a reissue or boot? and thats the Statlers (108) which is a very light green compared to the others and to me does not quite look right???? I might be wrong and have no info on any issues being booted etc etc. so it just might be just another green/

Dave Halsall

aka TMIB

Edited by reforee
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Little Star is another of my pet labels and to date have 8 (eight) different coloured labels including, black,orange, white and at least 5 variants of green. these I would not say are shades but different variants of green.

Some of the same label greens are fades from the original colour but you could not say in all fairness, that the different 5 I have (well to my eyesight) are of the same shade of green. I would suggest that HB Barnum or the pressing plant just used whatever was availbale.

I wish I had this question nearly 20 years ago when he was at the Soul weekender in Gt. Yarmouth and we (Dave Rimmer) had the pleasure of his company over dinner for a whole evening, now theres a story in itself?

Only one concerns me as to prehaps a reissue or boot? and thats the Statlers (108) which is a very light green compared to the others and to me does not quite look right???? I might be wrong and have no info on any issues being booted etc etc. so it just might be just another green/

Glad to Hear Someone Else Has Had The Different Variants On The Greens !! :D:lol:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!