Styrene Curse - Gayle Harris

Dean

Have a dcp promo of Gayle Harris - Ain't Gonna Let It Get Me Down (suitably the last record played at The Attic Soul Nights. . . . . . .so far), which doesn't look too great but plays fine and clear.

Picked up a lovely looking, almost minter, issue that arrived yesterday. The marks on pic are shadows from outside. One of those records in my opinion that there are plenty around but most are tattered. Sooooo disappointed. Looks great, not blaming seller, but plays with such an overpowering hiss for half of the track it's next to useless.

Record looks like never previously played, is there anything to be done regarding hiss removal? Is this a common feature with issues of these, is there a bad batch?

Anybody want a hissing aint gonna let it get me down (not losing the irony!)?

post-5677-0-53339900-1291119950_thumb.jp

post-5677-0-63385800-1291120010_thumb.jp

Edited by Dean
Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Have a dcp promo of Gayle Harris - Ain't Gonna Let It Get Me Down (suitably the last record played at The Attic Soul Nights. . . . . . .so far), which doesn't look too great but plays fine and clear.

Picked up a lovely looking, almost minter, issue that arrived yesterday. The marks on pic are shadows from outside. One of those records in my opinion that there are plenty around but most are tattered. Sooooo disappointed. Looks great, not blaming seller, but plays with such an overpowering hiss for half of the track it's next to useless.

Record looks like never previously played, is there anything to be done regarding hiss removal? Is this a common feature with issues of these, is there a bad batch?

Anybody want a hissing aint gonna let it get me down (not losing the irony!)?

Sounds like its been played by someone with a rubbish worn needle.

Probably lifted the needle half way through to ruin the next styrene record in the pile.

I have DJ'd with some awful decks and ruined perfectly good styrene records with one play!

Backtracking the needle to find the start of the track, ruins them as well!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!