Anyone Know This....?

posstot

here's a scan..... why haven't i heard this until 3 months ago.......really is stomping northern soul.

post-9681-0-58869100-1291132606_thumb.jp

Is it rare, have i bought a re-issue/boot? vinyl stamped, sound quality suggests its original. On v-tone discography its got a different flip...not got check you out side listed. Any info greatly received.

Mike

Social source share

• Replies 77
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

here's a scan..... why haven't i heard this until 3 months ago.......really is stomping northern soul.

post-9681-0-58869100-1291132606_thumb.jp

Is it rare, have i bought a re-issue/boot? vinyl stamped, sound quality suggests its original. On v-tone discography its got a different flip...not got check you out side listed. Any info greatly received.

Mike

Appears To Be A Mispress ! Not A Lot Of Info On This One :yes:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Mike

Hope you don't mind.

post-1986-0-22106100-1291148306_thumb.jp

Social source share

Thanks Mr.tag.........Just wish i could manage my pc to allow soundfiles.....I think it's a corkin track...Anyone else know it? Never been played anywhere? somebody have one?

thanks Mike

Hi Mike, Nearly bought one the other day And Then passed one up today ! ! Doh !! :thumbsup:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Well, didn't know he had multiples....seen it there for a while, watched it for a bit, whilst i looked for info....thinking it was a re-press/boot.. Thought sod it i'll get one. Should have asked how many. I have now, and we'll see. DO you like the track? i think it's a stonker.

Edited by posstot
Social source share

Well, didn't know he had multiples....seen it there for a while, watched it for a bit, whilst i looked for info....thinking it was a re-press/boot.. Thought sod it i'll get one. Should have asked how many. I have now, and we'll see. DO you like the track? i think it's a stonker.

Hi Mike, Yes ! ! I Changed My Mind And Got It, Not Bad For Somebody who's thinking of selling up ! ! Doh :lol::thumbsup: Ps When I said mulitiples I didn't mean box fulls ! !:yes:

Social source share

Hi Mike, Yes ! ! I Changed My Mind And Got It, Not Bad For Somebody who's thinking of selling up ! ! Doh :lol::thumbsup: Ps When I said mulitiples I didn't mean box fulls ! !:yes:

Well, i've asked how many he's got. I know that's now, at least, three of us with a copy...Denbo got himself one too yesterday.

I haven't seen anyone with any for sale anywhere else in the last few months....or of any knowledge of the track. Perhaps this fella has a box of them and then that will be it......Can't see this track ,not, going down well anywhere. I wonder if he sold anymore because of these links.

Nice talking mrtag,

tara Mike

Social source share

Well, i've asked how many he's got. I know that's now, at least, three of us with a copy...Denbo got himself one too yesterday.

I haven't seen anyone with any for sale anywhere else in the last few months....or of any knowledge of the track. Perhaps this fella has a box of them and then that will be it......Can't see this track ,not, going down well anywhere. I wonder if he sold anymore because of these links.

Nice talking mrtag,

tara Mike

Hi Mike, I Have Pm'd You Please see what you can do !! Atb John. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I smell a Johnny Watson...

I'm fairly sure both sides were available on best of billy Harner Cd so the tracks are certainly available. I also recall that someone was selling a load of V Tone original label blanks around five years ago or so ago. Not that those facts are necessarily related. Makes you think though, eh?.

Naturally I just bought one of course :hatsoff2:

Social source share

As far as I was aware this was unissued, and Fool Me was the flip side released on Open cant remember what the A side was but it was'nt Check you out.

Check you out has been played but what on and who by I cant remember but I have heard it.

A great record and I wish I had got a couple of copies if its a legit release then could be worth a fair few quid so anyone who's just picked up a copy I would say well done could be sitting on a biggie if theres only a hanful of copies.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

As far as I was aware this was unissued, and Fool Me was the flip side released on Open cant remember what the A side was but it was'nt Check you out.

Check you out has been played but what on and who by I cant remember but I have heard it.

A great record and I wish I had got a couple of copies if its a legit release then could be worth a fair few quid so anyone who's just picked up a copy I would say well done could be sitting on a biggie if theres only a hanful of copies.

Cheers Darren

Thanks Darren I Did ! !:yes::)

Social source share

I bought a copy of this 45 from the seller on eBay, it arrived yesterday and it is definitely a legit 60s pressing. It has got the same kind of hard-to-read raised hallmark/letters (M.S.I. CO. written backwards) "under" the label as the original issue of Epitome Of Sound and many other Philadelphia releases from that time (V-TONE was from Philadelphia).

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Mine arrived yesterday too.....in the dreaded plastic bag from the UPS with the message printed on it apologising for "damaging your parcel" whilst of course studiously avoiding saying they're going to compensate you for it, not a good moment but luckily the seller did a fine job packaging it that it withstood the post office's attempts to cause any real harm and inside was a pristine mint copy, phew.

Edited by pomonkey
Social source share

I bought a copy of this 45 from the seller on eBay, it arrived yesterday and it is definitely a legit 60s pressing. It has got the same kind of hard-to-read raised hallmark/letters (M.S.I. CO. written backwards) "under" the label as the original issue of Epitome Of Sound and many other Philadelphia releases from that time (V-TONE was from Philadelphia).

:thumbsup:

Yep, a deffo legit copy. Seller corresponded with me saying he had got these some 14 years ago....off a chap who bought off distributors, old stock and other peeps in the business.....from 5 to 30 numbers.... Wasn't sure if he had any still in storage, and would get back to me....if he found any more. However, he reckoned he had nowhere near a 25 box kind of numbers. So looks a real deffo legit rarity/odity. I for one would assume this will go HUGE. Something wrong if it doesnt.....

So hiow many of us have a copy 5 is it?

Social source share

Mine arrived yesterday too.....in the dreaded plastic bag from the UPS with the message printed on it apologising for "damaging your parcel" whilst of course studiously saying they're going to compensate you for it, not a good moment but luckily the seller did a fine job packaging it that it withstood the post office's attempts to cause any real harm and inside was a pristine mint copy, phew.

You could delete this message, and put a nice claim in....anyone got any expensive broken records :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yep, a deffo legit copy. Seller corresponded with me saying he had got these some 14 years ago....off a chap who bought off distributors, old stock and other peeps in the business.....from 5 to 30 numbers.... Wasn't sure if he had any still in storage, and would get back to me....if he found any more. However, he reckoned he had nowhere near a 25 box kind of numbers. So looks a real deffo legit rarity/odity. I for one would assume this will go HUGE. Something wrong if it doesnt.....

Make That 4 !! And Falling !! :no:

Social source share

Enter:

billy harner check

in the eBay search field.

Click Search.

Nothing will show up.

Now click "completed listings" in the left column.

Cheers Seb, It's So Easy When YOU Know How ! :D :D Have A Great Christmas And A Brill New Year Atb John.:no:

Social source share

I know it came out on other releases of his but the flip "Fool me" is really pretty fine too :yes:

Getting the impression from some of the last posts that a couple of the people who did the 7 Buy it nows somehow didn't get the 45??

So How Many Did Actually Get It Besides You & Seb ? Not Given Up Yet As It's Only 9 Days ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Bought & Paid For On 1st December As Was Most Of The Others Except 1 Bought On The 30th November I Presume That Was Posstots Copy!! :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Well I'm in NYC so no surprise got to me before you, don't give up! Seller is legit so if for any reason he couldn't honour the deal am sure by now he'd have refunded you, how did Denbo get told his wasn't coming? (assuming he was 1 of the 7 BIN's)

Have you ever read Billy's bio, it's priceless, makes him out to be practically the Chuck Norris of soul!

He judged a Miss Nude America contest, and being the only clothed person in the hall, felt compelled to at least moon the audience while reading out the winner's name. So, he did! :yes::hatsoff2:

Enjoy the whole thing:

https://billyharner.c...id=20&Itemid=61

Edited by pomonkey
Social source share

Enter:

billy harner check

in the eBay search field.

Click Search.

Nothing will show up.

Now click "completed listings" in the left column.

thats the 2nd useful ebay tip i've picked up on here in the last few days.

you learn something new every day.

cheers seb.

Social source share

Well I'm in NYC so no surprise got to me before you, don't give up! Seller is legit so if for any reason he couldn't honour the deal am sure by now he'd have refunded you, how did Denbo get told his wasn't coming? (assuming he was 1 of the 7 BIN's)

Have you ever read Billy's bio, it's priceless, makes him out to be practically the Chuck Norris of soul!

He judged a Miss Nude America contest, and being the only clothed person in the hall, felt compelled to at least moon the audience while reading out the winner's name. So, he did! :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

Enjoy the whole thing:

https://billyharner.c...id=20&Itemid=61

I Wondered Why ! Now I Know :thumbsup:laugh.gif:yes: :yes:

Social source share

:(

Hi Seb, What Date Did You Buy Yours On Please ?? Atb John.:lol:

Social source share

Guest franky m

I got one a couple of months ago , from the same seller , i think he has sold a few more than 10

Social source share

Purchased mine Nov 30, 201016:01:38 PST, guess with the time diff between here and Europe got to pick up on the fact that he'd relisted it before you guys over there got to see that the next morning, see Seb was Nov 30 too.

Edited by pomonkey
Social source share

I bought one on the 1st, had a message from him saying it's been posted - so I'll wait and see, I think...

Yeah! I Think it'll Be All right I Think It Was The Poor Person That Ordered On The 2nd Got The Knock Back!! I Got The Email And The Receipt For Payment So Fingers Crossed :) Mr Postman If You're On Here Tomorrow Would Be A Good Day To Deliver :D:ohmy::no::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!