2011-01-15: Hip City Soul Club 15.01.2011

Event Title: HIP CITY SOUL CLUB 15.01.2011

Event Author: Marc Forrest

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 15 January 2011

-------------------------------------------------

After really tremendous recent years behind us we are very happy to start 2011 off with what will be just a sheer blast again:

HIP CITY SOUL CLUB

proudly presents

UPFRONT RARE SOUL

with ace vendors and splendors (excuse me ?)

ALAN "SPLENDID BIRTHDAYBOY KITCH-" ENER plus the fabulous`n´marvelous DEAN ANDERSON !

and residents Marc Forrest and Franz

Trying to bring you a fine selection of ace fresh´n´hot soul stirrers...just so that you know 2011 won´t be a safe place and year for you at all!

- THE REAL DEAL -

22.00 h

Oscar Wilde (Blackroom)

Friedrichstr. 112

Berlin

Germany

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guskenny83

i dont know if this counts because we didnt only come just for this event.. but me and ariel are coming from australia...

AND THE PRIZE FOR THE LONGEST DISTANCE TRAVELLING COUPLE FOR THIS EVENT -ALREADY- GOES TO........

SCOTLAND !

.....or anyone coming from Japan ?

that really looks like one great weekend ahead indeed now...with a lovely couple coming all the way from scotland, so far 12 people from the UK, even Australia now :lol: and Soulies from Switzerland, Dresden, Hamburg and Cologne not to forget our cherished regular Hip City crowd incl. roughly 90 entries on facbook...wow indeed. Think another case of "I will take the monday off work then" LOL !!!

Fab-Fab-Fabulous !

PS

Anyone coming for the Kings Go Forth concert on friday already please gimme me a shout on here or on facebook as I have organized a "special deal" for us Hip City Soulies :rolleyes:

Edited by Marc Forrest

wow, judging from responses on facbook we will have a lot of surprise guests in on saturday..

Listen, last call if you need to be part of that special deal contingent for the Kings Go Forth gig on friday...no need to apply if you are coming with Alan. Thats all been taken care of already :lol:

.....you know what ? I just simply cant wait any longer for the weekend to arrive....looks like one hell of great night(s) ahead !

Edited by Marc Forrest

Ok its nearly here can't wait the last one I went to was the best overseas night I had brung it in

Bish

weyhey bish, glad you enjoyed your last visit to the Hip City...even more happier now that I know you will be back for some more on saturday!

Bring it on indeed !!!!!!!!

:lol:

had to learn that I wont be able to take the monday off work as for an important meeting with the CEO...will see how I manage that after this weekend LOL !!

:lol:

will start to worry about that around sunday evening LOL !

Edited by Marc Forrest

So finally the weekend is here...been invited to play some 45s after tonights concert so while waiting for a few folks to come around my place currently packing some 45s..later to catch up with so far 14 of our English friends who are currently enjoying what Berlin breweries have to offer after they all had a safe journey and then its for the KINGS GO FORTH tonight where we will also meet friends from Cologne, Hamburg and Dresden. Its only just the friday isnt it LOL ?!!

Edited by Marc Forrest

wow what a weekend! thanks!

cheers raffu, glad you enjoyed your berlin adventure again. Hopefully Matt was able to get in contact with you to exchange the parcels again :unsure: ?

Must say big thanks to all the other travllers as well incl. Mick H and Mandy, Ian, Wendy, Craig Butler and Debbie, Tony and Carol, Steve Guarnori and his wife, Lars Bulnheim, Roddy Bras and Katherine, in fact everyone who made the effort to join us for our first Hip City night in 2011. Special thanks also to our guset DJ`s Kitch and Dean who (as ususal) delivered in top form!: Awesome spots. It was a big privilege to have Alan celebrate his birthday with us Berlin Soulies. The night was hot, steamy, packed and full of excellent vibes and music.

It simply again had it all. Fantastic. Thanks big style everyone :rolleyes:

Fantastic weekend!

Kings Go Forth on friday was a blast and so nice to meet Andy Noble in person. Great super tight band, go and check them out on their next tour!

Saturday was awesome as well. Great to see you all!!! Roddy you spend more time in krautland then in scotland, don't you?

All the DJs played their socks off. Great sets by Marc (John Harris :rolleyes:) Franz, Dean and Kitch (Sandy Golden :unsure::yes::shades: and my favourite side of the record).

What a great weekend!

Well done Franz & Marc!

Fantastic weekend!

Kings Go Forth on friday was a blast and so nice to meet Andy Noble in person. Great super tight band, go and check them out on their next tour!

Saturday was awesome as well. Great to see you all!!! Roddy you spend more time in krautland then in scotland, don't you?

All the DJs played their socks off. Great sets by Marc (John Harris :D) Franz, Dean and Kitch (Sandy Golden :thumbsup::yes::D and my favourite side of the record).

What a great weekend!

Well done Franz & Marc!

cheers mate, was great to have you over !! soon again I hope :yes::hatsoff2:

Edited by Marc Forrest

cheers raffu, glad you enjoyed your berlin adventure again. Hopefully Matt was able to get in contact with you to exchange the parcels again :wave: ?

Must say big thanks to all the other travllers as well incl. Mick H and Mandy, Ian, Wendy, Craig Butler and Debbie, Tony and Carol, Steve Guarnori and his wife, Lars Bulnheim, Roddy Bras and Katherine, in fact everyone who made the effort to join us for our first Hip City night in 2011. Special thanks also to our guset DJ`s Kitch and Dean who (as ususal) delivered in top form!: Awesome spots. It was a big privilege to have Alan celebrate his birthday with us Berlin Soulies. The night was hot, steamy, packed and full of excellent vibes and music.

It simply again had it all. Fantastic. Thanks big style everyone :thumbsup:

Just recoverd from what was one hell of a marathon weekend,proberley one of the best weekenders i have attended in the last few years

top draw sets from Mark & Franz,,and my Notts combo Kitch & Dean were just incredible,thanks to Roddy for the Jamison 15 hour session

nice to see Mario & Silvia,,Lars,all the English travellers,Steve & Lorraine,Julia ,Craig &Debbie,who contributed to cracker of a weekend

Thanks Marc for the memories,and keep up the good work at hip city

Mick ,Mandy,Ian ,Wendy,Bish & Caz

Edited by ruppy