We Let Go Of A Beautiful Thing......?

Ian Dewhirst

I've had this bloody record going through my head for the last week. I think it's called "We Let Go Of A Beautiful Thing" which could be Ralphie D on 20th Century? Haven't heard it or seen it for 40 years but I remember it being pretty damn good. Must be memorable if nothing else! Does anyone have a file or can they stick it in Refo Soul?

Thanks in advance.

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nope. I've located it now. It's Ralphie D "Beautiful Thing" on 20th Century. If anyone can stick a clip up that'd be great!

Old Wigan spin - the other side is a version of The Beach Boys "You're So Good To Me" - not heard it since about 1975.

Social source share

I've had this bloody record going through my head for the last week. I think it's called "We Let Go Of A Beautiful Thing" which could be Ralphie D on 20th Century? Haven't heard it or seen it for 40 years but I remember it being pretty damn good. Must be memorable if nothing else! Does anyone have a file or can they stick it in Refo Soul?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure but is it something that Steve Green is spinning ??

I know it but it's slipped my mind who it is ??

Social source share

Nope. I've located it now. It's Ralphie D "Beautiful Thing" on 20th Century. If anyone can stick a clip up that'd be great!

Great double sider......both as good as each other imo....both meaty soulful dancers. The sort of northern i like, not hammered and under rated.

Social source share

Ian D :lol:

Glad you located it Ian....knew i'd heard it somewhere before ..someone sent me a soundfile about 2-3 yrs ago on here

Sadly it was on my old pc that crashed but theres a soundfile and a copy for sale on John Manships site :thumbsup:

Social source share

Old Wigan spin - the other side is a version of The Beach Boys "You're So Good To Me" - not heard it since about 1975.

Can't say I remember it from Wigan but that was pretty much the exact time I had it. Sounds perfect to me now. Catchy, well-produced stomping Northern Soul. Can't think why I never played the bloody thing at the time..........

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Glad you located it Ian....knew i'd heard it somewhere before ..someone sent me a soundfile about 2-3 yrs ago on here

Sadly it was on my old pc that crashed but theres a soundfile and a copy for sale on John Manships site :thumbsup:

Yep, that's where I tracked it down eventually. Funny, I could have sworn it was £20 earlier today...............:lol:

Ian D :yes:

Social source share

Yep, that's where I tracked it down eventually. Funny, I could have sworn it was £20 earlier today...............:thumbsup:

Ian D :yes:

Think when i tried to track it down a few yrs back after i heard it,it was hard to find ?

Still a decent choon for £40 in todays money :lol:

Social source share

I've only ever seen 2 in 20+ years. Mine cost me 20, if memory serves. Of Pat Brady actually about 10 years ago. Now another 2 say they have it. I would guess its quite a rare thing. Not seen an issue yet..............(have i just opened the flood gates? :hatsoff2: ).

Social source share

I've only ever seen 2 in 20+ years. Mine cost me 20, if memory serves. Of Pat Brady actually about 10 years ago. Now another 2 say they have it. I would guess its quite a rare thing. Not seen an issue yet..............(have i just opened the flood gates? :rolleyes: ).

Never seen an issue, owned the demo once and lost it in a swap deal for something else I wanted at the time and maybe seen 3 or 4 other copies in 35 odd years.

Now I'm becoming obsessed with the damn record 'cos it's not on You Tube or Refo and the only way to hear a snippit of it is via that terrible quality sound file on John's site.

That's rare is this and age surely? :)

Ian D :P

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!