2010-12-11: 100 Club-6Ts

Event Title: 100 Club-6TS

Event Author: ady croasdell

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 11 December 2010

-------------------------------------------------

With special guest Soul Or Nowt's Stevie Cato, plus the return of Butch along with Mick Smith, Joel Maslin and Ady Croasdell

We've got this far, it's looking hopeful!

Ady

PS Xmas party Thurs Dec 23rd 9pm-2am

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

• Replies 54
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Goldwax

Well I guess we treat each as if it's the last. Really looking forward to Mr Cato playing a few slabs 'o soul. His SON sessions at the Soul Rev nights are sorely missed in the Smoke. It's gonna be another corker.

Guest andyrattigan

I might make the arduous journey down from Manchester by coach unless any one is driving down and would care to give me a lift.

If this is the last 100 club as Ive heard rumoured Id be gutted if I missed it.

I might make the arduous journey down from Manchester by coach unless any one is driving down and would care to give me a lift.

If this is the last 100 club as Ive heard rumoured Id be gutted if I missed it.

Hi Andy,

It was nice to see you last Sat in Manc. Hopefully we'll be OK for the early part of next year, business has picked up and there's talk of sponsors but no solid news yet so it's an outside bet that this could be the last nighter but probably not. The Cato clan are coming down from Manchester but maybe they booked a cheap fare in advance.

To any potential lifts who don't know Andy he's clean, relatively sane and intelligent company.

Ady

Guest andyrattigan

Hi Andy,

It was nice to see you last Sat in Manc. Hopefully we'll be OK for the early part of next year, business has picked up and there's talk of sponsors but no solid news yet so it's an outside bet that this could be the last nighter but probably not. The Cato clan are coming down from Manchester but maybe they booked a cheap fare in advance.

To any potential lifts who don't know Andy he's clean, relatively sane and intelligent company.

Ady

Cheers Ady, the jury is out on the sanity bit though.

SPAGHETTI IS COMING MAYBE WITH BIG TED AND MAYBE PICKING SOME GLAWSTER WAIFS AND STRAYS UP ON THE WAY :yes: ANYBODY DOIN THE BLUE POST FIRST

:ohmy: Blue Posts it is - but I'll be out of there before 10 'cos I'm not gonna miss a minute of this nighter (apart from about 20 fag breaks. lol.)

:thumbsup: - Kev.

Edited by KevinKent

Saturday's gonna be a balmy 6C in the day, dropping to a cosy 2C at night so hopefully it'll be a bit cooler downstairs and y'all should have no trouble travelling.

Some quality punters already threatening to come, i think it'll be a real humdinger.

Also a few less than quality punters meeting at the Blue Post :D .. That makes a niter, the rough, the very rough and the smooth..

You are all gods children.. :no:

Will be at the Blue post around 8pm... Look forward to catching up with the creatures of the night..

Also a few less than quality punters meeting at the Blue Post :D .. That makes a niter, the rough, the very rough and the smooth..

You are all gods children.. :D

Will be at the Blue post around 8pm... Look forward to catching up with the creatures of the night..

Have a spiffing time Steve,show these softies how to do it.!!:wave: .btw not all of us are God's children....:no:

Not been down those steps of loveliness for a coupla years now (sorry Ady!!)...... But hey!... I'll see you at the Go-Go Saturday! Please leave room at the bar....

(Might even make the pre-drinkiepoos too, but also fancied having a warm-up mini grooveathon at Jojo's if it's still doin it's saturday nite Keb thang?....)

When dahn the smoke, over-indulge. That's my motto.

Lets ave it....

Not been down those steps of loveliness for a coupla years now (sorry Ady!!)...... But hey!... I'll see you at the Go-Go Saturday! Please leave room at the bar....

(Might even make the pre-drinkiepoos too, but also fancied having a warm-up mini grooveathon at Jojo's if it's still doin it's saturday nite Keb thang?....)

When dahn the smoke, over-indulge. That's my motto.

Lets ave it....

Pretty sure that Keb's night at Madam Jojo's is Friday. Not been myself so I may be wrong.

- Kev.

Also a few less than quality punters meeting at the Blue Post :thumbup: .. That makes a niter, the rough, the very rough and the smooth..

You are all gods children.. :thumbsup:

Hi little Stevie have you become a born again christian? Not knocking its everyone to there own. I notice in your postings you added a little religion to it. Looking forward to hearing your vinyl Saturday.

Cheers Billy

:lol: Blue Posts it is - but I'll be out of there before 10 'cos I'm not gonna miss a minute of this nighter (apart from about 20 fag breaks. lol.)

:( - Kev.

Hi Kev,

Will be really nice to see you on saturday. I'll be in the blue post with Kev at around 9 then I'll be leaving before 10 to do the cloakroom.

Imogen x

A few Faces from Norwich should be dropping in for some Beer and Banter (weather permitting )

cheers Frank :lol:

Indeed frank always a pleasure see you sat all being well :D

Hello kev ,

Are you and Billy driving down ?

cheers Frank :lol:

Yes frank we are i think he was trying to get hold of you , im meeting him at thickthorn at 8.30ish anyway i will see you tomorrow frank :D

Yes frank we are i think he was trying to get hold of you , im meeting him at thickthorn at 8.30ish anyway i will see you tomorrow frank :lol:

Ok , i'm leaving at 19.00hrs to arrive by 21.30. If you are both ok with my leaving time then you can jump on board with me failing that i will see you both in the BP pub.

cheers Frank

Ok , i'm leaving at 19.00hrs to arrive by 21.30. If you are both ok with my leaving time then you can jump on board with me failing that i will see you both in the BP pub.

cheers Frank

Ok frank ill ring him in the morning to see what he wants to do, if not see you in the BP

Unfortunately I cant make it tonight as I have to feed the penquins on the oil rig that I work on but I l know you will have a fabulous time down the old 100 Cub stairs.

I know Stevie will do an excellent spots just a shame I cant be there but I will see you next year hopefully still in the 100 Club but if not then wherever Ady decides to have it.

Just saw a rendeer flying by so I guess the man in big red suit is not far away.

Hope you all have a brilliant Christmas and a very happy New year.

Keith

You will be missed Keith.

See you next year. :hatsoff2:

Happy Christmas and New Year to you both.

Take it steady.

Best

Tabs

Unfortunately I cant make it tonight as I have to feed the penquins on the oil rig that I work on but I l know you will have a fabulous time down the old 100 Cub stairs.

I know Stevie will do an excellent spots just a shame I cant be there but I will see you next year hopefully still in the 100 Club but if not then wherever Ady decides to have it.

Just saw a rendeer flying by so I guess the man in big red suit is not far away.

Keith

Keith

Hope yourself and Sandra have a great Xmas Keith , see you somewhere soon hopefully ,Cheers ,Eddie

Guest Mrs Simsy

If tonights half as good as the last one then it'll be a top night!:hatsoff2:

We're off to a 40th tonight so unfortunately can't make it. Sincerely hope that it's not the last one!

Have a great time.wink.gif

Been home from the 100 Club allnighter for about an hour and a half, had some breakfast, did some Christmas cards, etc so decided I would make a quick comment on the night.

I haven't been since August, due mainly to an accident that put me out of action. Now able to go out again so was looking forward to the allnighter especially after all the talk about possible closure.

Arrived at about 10.20, after poking my head into the pub to see if Toby was there. Mick Smith on the decks playing nice music, including Sandy & The Pebbles' He's My Kind Of Fellow and Brenda & The Tabulations' It's In The Past, they probably stuck in my memory because I've got them.

I won't go into details about the DJs and the music, suffice to say I thought the sets were outstanding, a good mix of tunes I knew and some I didn't. The guest, Little Stevie from Manchester, did two excellent sets, I must try to get up to see him on his home turf. All of the DJs kept the floor busy, very full for a lot of the time. And thanks to Ady for playing as the "official" last record Chuck Jackson's wonderful Any Day Now, sublime soul music with special memories for me of someone many years ago, a great surprise to hear it.

Nice to see some of my friends there, although there were some faces missing. Particularly good to see Lisa and Andy, congratulations.

Having seen how full it was proves to me how much of a blow to the London soul scene (plus the whole country) it would be if the 100 Club NS nights close.

Thanks to everyone for a great night.

Another excellent night, number's only slightly down, the music atmosphere, was above boiling point, quite a few soulies from Europe were also there, getting back to the music, still on a high, from what came through the amps, little stevie, first time hearing his vinyl, totally blown away, cheers Billy, keep on keeping on for 2011

Thanks to Ady for the chance to play at the 100.... :thumbsup:

Folk have never seen me so quiet, just had to take some time to gage the crowd, much needed at times when planning what to play for me... Quite a few regular faces missing but replaced by new ones...

Got to play a mixed bag and tempo, thanks for the kind words, i found it quite daunting being on that stage, got mic fright too :lol: .. Thanks to Joel... Butch ( get well mate ), Ady and Mick for sharing the stage...

Sorry to those asking afterwards about certain tracks, mind goes a a blank sometimes.... Drop me a pm and i will try and answer...

Thanks to all mates who came and gave me support and the children of the night..

Dancing to soul underground at 5am while the world is tucked up in bed, a feeling we have that needs no words....

Its....

Soul Or Nothing

Thanks to Ady for the chance to play at the 100.... :thumbsup:

Folk have never seen me so quiet, just had to take some time to gage the crowd, much needed at times when planning what to play for me... Quite a few regular faces missing but replaced by new ones...

Got to play a mixed bag and tempo, thanks for the kind words, i found it quite daunting being on that stage, got mic fright too :lol: .. Thanks to Joel... Butch ( get well mate ), Ady and Mick for sharing the stage...

Sorry to those asking afterwards about certain tracks, mind goes a a blank sometimes.... Drop me a pm and i will try and answer...

Thanks to all mates who came and gave me support and the children of the night..

Dancing to soul underground at 5am while the world is tucked up in bed, a feeling we have that needs no words....

Its....

Soul Or Nothing

Nice one Steve

I know how it can feel sometimes up on that stage from when I did it many moons ago.

I was looking forward to your sets and wondered what you'd play & I for one was pleasantly suprised as it kept within the 100Club atmosphere.

Well done & good to see you down there again.

All the best to you & Lydia

Kev

Nice one Steve

I know how it can feel sometimes up on that stage from when I did it many moons ago.

I was looking forward to your sets and wondered what you'd play & I for one was pleasantly suprised as it kept within the 100Club atmosphere.

Well done & good to see you down there again.

All the best to you & Lydia

Kev

Cheers Kev

Kept the left field and Deep disco at the back of the box, was trying to keep to the script.. :thumbsup:

Hope to get a chance for a catch up chat next time mate.... Come up and see us in Manc sometime, we will look after you...

Guest Malcolm Jackson

Event Title: 100 Club-6TS

Event Author: ady croasdell

Calendar: Allnighter/Weekenders

Event Date: Sat 11 December 2010

-------------------------------------------------

With special guest Soul Or Nowt's Stevie Cato, plus the return of Butch along with Mick Smith, Joel Maslin and Ady Croasdell

We've got this far, it's looking hopeful!

Ady

PS Xmas party Thurs Dec 23rd 9pm-2am

Visit this Event in Soul Source Events Guide for venue maps, street views,road and rail directions and more

Thanks Ady for making us so welcome music spot on, friendly crowd Memory for names not good, memory not good full stop but got to mention Imogen and Kev hope you didn't get pneumonia waiting for us to be picked up, Good to meet Trev from Hinckley, Lorraine Chases language coach, Sue from Brighton, Winston genial doorman and, we thought we.d come a long way, Guy from Toronto even people from Todmorden. 100 Club still the top niter venue for us or as Carla says '' Never Stop Loving You''. Hope to see you at the Barn one of these days. Love Malc and Lel.

Marvellous to be back down those stairs after quite some time, I'd almost forgot just what a buzz it is wandering round Soho's watering holes and then excitedly shuffling off to the hallowed venue.... :thumbsup:

We had a great time, and fab to catch up.... Top tunes, top venue, top people... It won't be such a long lay off next time (here's hoping there will be plenty more "next times")

Jesse Fisher - You're Not Loving A Beginner - Nice 1 Stevie, that got the old juices flowing!!

Long Live the 100 Club! Long Live 6ts All-niters!

great sets by all the Djs. think some were getting a little concerned that Butch would not come and we only got an hour from him but what an hour straight in with the Mellow Souls as he said proper northern. place would not be the same with out him :thumbsup:

oh forgot to mention my mate Mick Smith Mr Lucky what a record

Mr Weston drove us down and within ten mins of being in the Blue Post i knew it would be me driving home where does he put it all must have hollow legs :)

Edited by Ted Massey

Cheers Kev

Kept the left field and Deep disco at the back of the box, was trying to keep to the script.. :)

Hope to get a chance for a catch up chat next time mate.... Come up and see us in Manc sometime, we will look after you...

I've been meaning to get to Radcliffe for a while now Steve, so you could see me at the next one.:thumbsup:

Thanks Ady for making us so welcome music spot on, friendly crowd Memory for names not good, memory not good full stop but got to mention Imogen and Kev hope you didn't get pneumonia waiting for us to be picked up, Good to meet Trev from Hinckley, Lorraine Chases language coach, Sue from Brighton, Winston genial doorman and, we thought we.d come a long way, Guy from Toronto even people from Todmorden. 100 Club still the top niter venue for us or as Carla says '' Never Stop Loving You''. Hope to see you at the Barn one of these days. Love Malc and Lel.

It was fantastic to see you both at the 100 club on Saturday and am glad you enjoyed yourselves . Hopefully see you again soon at the Barn.

Special thanks to Butch for djing even though you were feeling ill.

Christmas party should be good one i'll be doing the cloakroom with Kenny. Should be a laugh!

Imogen x

Edited by Imogen

Glad you made it down Malcom. You & Leslie seemed to have a ball. Just as it should be.:) Hope the cows had been milked by the time you got home and if you start tinkering don't set fire to any roofs!

No problem out in the cold these days. Ady told me a few years ago that I should wear a coat in winter so I do these days. I really enjoyed our chat about the music. The Toronto man is Dave Hodgeson (Tattoo Man). ObssessiveI Dore collector. think you first met in the Bat cave that night I dj'ed and the lights went out! He definitely needs a trip to The Barn as I know he'd love it. Send us a message when it's on but give us time to sort transport out. As I said the last time we were there is definitely one of the highlights of this year for both Imogen & me.:thumbsup: .

All The best

Kev