German Boots/Re-issues on Ebay

NEV

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not every seller is automatically the originator of a bootleg...hence my question.

Oooh now now Marc ...let's not get touchy ....i meant as a German ebay seller you might have more chance of knowing who he is and maybe easier to find out the answer to your question ..

JAZZMAN does a lot of re-issues of well loved but rare indemand 45's ...could be his :thumbsup:

https://www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk/v2/product.asp?s=Yongli120695&strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=458&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Not every seller is automatically the originator of a bootleg...hence my question.

Hi Marc

The reason i posted up the original article was because i saw the same 45 recently and it was clearly stated as a re-issue ,went for a price that is about right for a re-issue

Just backtracked and found it on ebay and seller is from Austria

https://cgi.ebay.com/X-OVER-SOUL-45-Ambassadors-Aint-Got-Love-LISTEN-/160513665625?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item255f5c2a59

Social source share

JAZZMAN does a lot of re-issues of well loved but rare indemand 45's ...could be his :thumbsup:

cheers, so it might be by Gerald indeed. So at another guess not a bootleg at all but an official re-issue although winfield parker once told me he is not interested in any kind of re-issues on 7inch.

Marc

NB

wasn`t touchy at all wink.gif

Social source share

cheers, so it might be by Gerald indeed. So at another guess not a bootleg at all but an official re-issue although winfield parker once told me he is not interested in any kind of re-issues on 7inch.

Marc

NB

wasn`t touchy at all wink.gif

Hi Marc

Not that im casting any aspersions here, but i've often wondered this,

,with a lot of the origianl 45's being made so long ago ,some on very obscure labels ,does anybody ever actually check up when a re-issue is done ??

Meaning , most come clean from the off and say "licensed with permission from original owner" etc, but do we take it as read or is there somewhere people can find out if that's really true ?

Again ,it's just something that occurs to me and one example that i will say, that makes me say this, is this :-

CLAY BROWN -WALK WITH A GROOVE on FLORENTINE has been supposedly re-issued with EVERBODY'S TALKING on the flip .

When i first saw this copy ,it was on a website, that clearly stated details about both outings being "now hard to obtain" and that "everybody's talking" on florentine would set you back $$$$ amount of money for an original ??

It was never on FLORENTINE so why if they had bought the rights did'nt they know ?

surely they could have gotten a scan of the original label and done the job properly ??

Food for thought ...:thumbsup:

Social source share

amazing....tobias. well, ... I don`t know if these are legit or not. It makes you wonder indeed though...

Amazed to see Iris Bell Trio (which originally is on Cadillac, Detroit) . After having immense fun out of it late nineties I filed it away and would have never dreamed someone would be re-releasing this 45 LOL ! I suppose you would have had to wrok really really hard to get contact to whoever owned this label/rights in Detroit :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think you are absoluteley right here Nev. And I will add to that my opinion, that there are

- much too many re-releases (not even getting into wether legit or not)

- being done much too early.

I mean, who needed a Willie tee "You Gotta Pay Your Dues" boot (already?).

For those like me who wanted to listen to it at home could have bought the exceptional and legit CD which was released years ago, those who want to dance to it can have sth to look forward to when going to a night bUTCH! is on. So why a boot at all and especially now I ask ? Way to soon for one of those oh so seldomly these days found "newies". IMVHO.

Surely someone will come up now and say bootlegs have been part of the "scene" since it started, but hey, its not 1975 anymore where you can find 10 unknowns in the next 25 count box. I mean...

Marc

Social source share

Hope you don't mind Nev but edited the title so folk aware of what they are going to be reading.

Hope you don´t mind Chalky, but I think the title is missleading as we don`t know yet if indeed we are talking about German bootlegs (Iris Bell, Dynamic Corvettes etc. ... Willie tee definitely not German) ?

It started as a thread about people bidding heavy money on pressings and developed into a general debate about bootlegs.

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Here's another sad case of people bidding on records without reading the full description..

Buyer clearly states its a "killer repress" so surely it's not worth this much attention :yes:

https://cgi.ebay.com/soul-funk-45-AMBASSADORS-Aint-got-love-LISTEN-/140482731703?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20b56c5eb7

In answer to your original case of the 'sad bidder', this particular track was sampled on the Pete Rock and CL Smooth classic 'I got a love' many years ago, as i'm sure some/many will know, so the likelihood is that this was won by someone who's more into finding the original track on vinyl that PR sampled but not necessarily bothered about finding an original pressing of the track. Not everyone out there is as clued up as people on this forum as regards Arctic Records 45's and I guess quite a lot are really not that bothered about originals/boots/reissues, as long as they can put the needle on the record and listen? I can't imagine this ever got played on the northern scene anyway did it, doesn't sound like a northern 'sound' to me at all?

Just a thought...

cheers Sutty

Social source share

In answer to your original case of the 'sad bidder', this particular track was sampled on the Pete Rock and CL Smooth classic 'I got a love' many years ago, as i'm sure some/many will know, so the likelihood is that this was won by someone who's more into finding the original track on vinyl that PR sampled but not necessarily bothered about finding an original pressing of the track. Not everyone out there is as clued up as people on this forum as regards Arctic Records 45's and I guess quite a lot are really not that bothered about originals/boots/reissues, as long as they can put the needle on the record and listen? I can't imagine this ever got played on the northern scene anyway did it, doesn't sound like a northern 'sound' to me at all?

Just a thought...

cheers Sutty

hi sutty

Didnt realise i was on a "northern soul" forum?

The original copy has been known and played on the soul scene throughout Europe for a long time imho, and the fact the re-issue sold on eBay last week for$25 and is available via a few sites for less was the reason for my initial post.

Ironically when i sold a original on here about 2yrs back i asked for values ,was told £25in manship guide.

Social source share

hi sutty

Didnt realise i was on a "northern soul" forum?

The original copy has been known and played on the soul scene throughout Europe for a long time imho, and the fact the re-issue sold on eBay last week for$25 and is available via a few sites for less was the reason for my initial post.

Ironically when i sold a original on here about 2yrs back i asked for values ,was told £25in manship guide.

99% of the posts on this forum relate to the northern soul scene, it's known as a northern soul forum (and a very good one), so i'd say yes you are predominantly on a 'northern soul' forum, that's why most people come here? Yes it covers other bases but that's it's root audience (not that there's anything wrong with that of course).

You write as if i'm criticizing you in some way, i'm merely stating that if you step out side the collectors bubble represented here, you'll find thousands of people who are not clued up on original vs reissue 45's, are not part of any 'scene' ("The original copy has been known and played on the soul scene throughout Europe for a long time"), don't frequent forums and when they want a record, they look directly via ebay or google. So the buyers probably happy just to have the tune on vinyl, and the seller wasn't misleading anyone and is also probably happy. The fact the buyer doesn't shop around is more his issue:

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=ambassadors+%22ain%27t+got+the+love%22+arctic

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Brett F

For me its the whole re-issue v original ethic, yeah if its done legit and the originators of the record, artist, musicians etc get a few quid today, then yes i'm all for that ( and yes i'd buy it) , but i'd prefer to go out at a venue on the 'RARE' soul scene and hear the original played, i'm a collector of rare soul records first and foremost, thats the key in this scene for me...it;s like no other....but that's just me...

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

For me its the whole re-issue v original ethic, yeah if its done legit and the originators of the record, artist, musicians etc get a few quid today, then yes i'm all for that ( and yes i'd buy it) , but i'd prefer to go out at a venue on the 'RARE' soul scene and hear the original played, i'm a collector of rare soul records first and foremost, thats the key in this scene for me...it;s like no other....but that's just me...

We know, and agree.

The only thing Sutty was saying is that people outside the rare soul scene, with not so much interest in original issues, are interested in this song, and that probably influenced the high price.

Social source share

Yes Brett you are a collector and you have the glasses to prove it lol the specsavers ones that make you look all serious.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Thanks Mike

And as if by magic ..my CLAY BROWN piece is there for everyone to see :thumbsup:

Clay Brown / Everybody's Talkin' worth over $1000 ? to who ? I have a couple of these somewhere, was it on more than one label ??

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

Out of interest, when was the dynamic corvettes bootleg done (and by whom) ? Anyone knows ?

Marc

Marc this is a legit Reissue by Tobias Kirmayer on Tramp. He did some lookalike reissues but it's deffo legit!!

Edited by JohnnyHitman
Social source share

• 1 month later...

amazing....tobias. well, ... I don`t know if these are legit or not. It makes you wonder indeed though...

Amazed to see Iris Bell Trio (which originally is on Cadillac, Detroit) . After having immense fun out of it late nineties I filed it away and would have never dreamed someone would be re-releasing this 45 LOL ! I suppose you would have had to wrok really really hard to get contact to whoever owned this label/rights in Detroit :thumbsup:

Just receieved a mail from winfield parker and yes, the Ru-Jac owned stuff out now on Tramp incl. Dynamic Corvettes are legit and fully paid for. Which is a good thing.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Hi Marc

Not that im casting any aspersions here, but i've often wondered this,

,with a lot of the origianl 45's being made so long ago ,some on very obscure labels ,does anybody ever actually check up when a re-issue is done ??

Meaning , most come clean from the off and say "licensed with permission from original owner" etc, but do we take it as read or is there somewhere people can find out if that's really true ?

Again ,it's just something that occurs to me and one example that i will say, that makes me say this, is this :-

CLAY BROWN -WALK WITH A GROOVE on FLORENTINE has been supposedly re-issued with EVERBODY'S TALKING on the flip .

When i first saw this copy ,it was on a website, that clearly stated details about both outings being "now hard to obtain" and that "everybody's talking" on florentine would set you back $$$$ amount of money for an original ??

It was never on FLORENTINE so why if they had bought the rights did'nt they know ?

surely they could have gotten a scan of the original label and done the job properly ??

Hi there all the Tramp stuff is legit we stock most of thier 45's including the last of the Clay Browns ( these were ltd to275 copies) I think the rights are still owned by Clay himself acording to a few people I've spoken to about this.So whether it was on florentine or Aljon it was probably a mix up in translation.Tramp have afew reissues and are mainly ltd runs the much sourt after funk track by The Soul Dynamics was I'm sure only 250 copies.They also do a jazz dance lable with new jazz dancers from artist from all over the world The Big Shrimp by The Cultures of Rhythum is very popular as are thier latin output by artists like Cesars Salad including reworked classics like " Batucada" and the timeless"Alfrolypso" The vinyl is top class and the lables are very clean and they also have outstanding sound quality.If your buying anything from Tramp all right's will have been paid and you'll get your money's worth.All the best Sy.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!