Lee Jennings Mispress On Dottys?

Bo Diddley

Hello All,

I saw this pop up on ebay, thought it sounded good and might bid. On Dottys label, apparently a mispress.

NO CHANCE- it went for $1251 with a few bidders at around that level.

Any info on this?

Is it one I should know about but slipped by while I had a 25 year snooze away from the scene!

I'd be interested to know more.

Cheers

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Kev Bod.

Edited by bo diddley
Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Doesn't seem to be any info on this one but at that price someone obviously knows something!! ohmy.gif:)

on the text in the auction this was described as an unissued track so prehaps one of only a very few copies out there. Or even the only copy ?

I had a listen to it but not realy my style. Even if it was my style it would have been too expensive for me rolleyes.gif

Social source share

The happy ones (hopefully!) will be the lucky folks at our Syl Johnson show tonite, as well as Syl destroying the stage they'll be getting to hear the Lee Jennings back-to-back with the Little Roger Hatcher, funnily both are kinda mis-presses as the LRH is the one that was found on a Ten High label instead of Dotty's / Del Nita Northern, the strange old world of Northern Soul eh.

Social source share

The happy ones (hopefully!) will be the lucky folks at our Syl Johnson show tonite, as well as Syl destroying the stage they'll be getting to hear the Lee Jennings back-to-back with the Little Roger Hatcher, funnily both are kinda mis-presses as the LRH is the one that was found on a Ten High label instead of Dotty's / Del Nita Northern, the strange old world of Northern Soul eh.

Hi,

Does that mean one of your DJ's bought the 45!!

If so, hope you can tell us WHO and if they have any more info?

As I mentioned at the start, there were a few people bidding at the higher end.

Cheers

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Nice one! Hope everyone has a great night, as I'm sure they will.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Hi,

Does that mean one of your DJ's bought the 45!!

If so, hope you can tell us WHO and if they have any more info?

As I mentioned at the start, there were a few people bidding at the higher end.

Cheers

:rolleyes:

According to Facebook it's Honky and Mr. Robinson (aka Pomonkey) dj'ing, make your guess ....

Social source share

What's on the flip of the Del Northern version? The Ten High one has "I need you" - ie same as the Roger Hatcher on Dotty's, which is a nothing special midtempo ballad - but this Lee version has the whole instrumental of the track which is a real bonus

roger hatcher "I need you" dottys is a brilliant record. I love it.

Social source share

What's on the flip of the Del Northern version? The Ten High one has "I need you" - ie same as the Roger Hatcher on Dotty's, which is a nothing special midtempo ballad - but this Lee version has the whole instrumental of the track which is a real bonus

The flip of the Del-La-Northern copy is "I Need You" as the official B-side.

Happy to cross-ref matrix marks with your Ten High mis-press if you like, but guess they will be the same.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

The flip of the Del-La-Northern copy is "I Need You" as the official B-side.

Happy to cross-ref matrix marks with your Ten High mis-press if you like, but guess they will be the same.

Cheers

Richard

103A and 103B, also each side has 95, clearly a mistake as Lost Love was Ten High 102.

Same deadwax marks on the Del-La-Northern copy - 103A and 103B plus a 95 all scratched in - then a Nashville Matrix stamp on both sides.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!