Blimey, This Has Gone Up

Soul-slider

Majestee's

Take Back All Those Things C/w Let Her Go

Back in the very early 80s I had the pleasure of spending a week at Bob Mayes Record Shop in Detroit. Whilst I was there with my long-term pal Andy Cox the owner of MUTT RECORDS in Inkster dumped all his surplus unsold 45s there. Dusty Wilson, Sophisticates, Carol Jones etc. etc were all there including the Fred Bridges & Robert Eaton 45 credited to the “Two Fellows”. But easily the best of the bunch was this vocal-group killer again featuring the talents of Fed Bridges & Robert Eaton. I gleefully scooped up all copies of this previously unknown Northern Soul stomper. In the last 30 years I nor anyone else to my knowledge has actually found a Mint minus copy. The original small batch have changed hands in the UK for almost 3 decades now. We think the time is right for this beauty to gets the turntable time it has always deserved and then watch the value rocket. Two great sides on a “once” found title.

Sorry, this item has already been won!

The winning bid was £ 478.00

post-4912-0-07049400-1291399692_thumb.jp

Nearly £500!

Bought my minter from 'Soul Bowl' around 10 years back for about £30. :rolleyes:

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Majestee's

Take Back All Those Things C/w Let Her Go

Back in the very early 80s I had the pleasure of spending a week at Bob Mayes Record Shop in Detroit. Whilst I was there with my long-term pal Andy Cox the owner of MUTT RECORDS in Inkster dumped all his surplus unsold 45s there. Dusty Wilson, Sophisticates, Carol Jones etc. etc were all there including the Fred Bridges & Robert Eaton 45 credited to the "Two Fellows". But easily the best of the bunch was this vocal-group killer again featuring the talents of Fed Bridges & Robert Eaton. I gleefully scooped up all copies of this previously unknown Northern Soul stomper. In the last 30 years I nor anyone else to my knowledge has actually found a Mint minus copy. The original small batch have changed hands in the UK for almost 3 decades now. We think the time is right for this beauty to gets the turntable time it has always deserved and then watch the value rocket. Two great sides on a "once" found title.

Sorry, this item has already been won!

The winning bid was £ 478.00

post-4912-0-07049400-1291399692_thumb.jp

Nearly £500!

Bought my minter from 'Soul Bowl' around 10 years back for about £30. :rolleyes:

Maybe because "Let Her Go" is getting more recognition these days, reminds me a little bit of Bob & Fred.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

This is a fantastic record and quite hard to pick up

A fave play of mine and I'm not surprised that the price on this 45 should go to a few hundred in this day and age - JM's 'pitch' on the auction was also excellent

Cheers

Richard

Yes, quite agree. Was still surprised at the final price though! Happy days :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!