soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

any one post a sound file please

Can't do the sound file thingie Ted, but it's a great tune.

probably the thinnest vinyl record in my collection - nor exactly like a flexi disc you used to get free stuck on the front of mags, but not a million miles off ; I wonder if because of the way it was pressed it was withdrawn maybe ?

pete

Social source share

probably the thinnest vinyl record in my collection - nor exactly like a flexi disc you used to get free stuck on the front of mags, but not a million miles off ; I wonder if because of the way it was pressed it was withdrawn maybe ?

pete

come on pete a man with your talents should be ashamed to admit that have you not heard of the grey surfers :thumbsup:

Social source share

pete

Hi Pete,

That's strange, my copy seems a normal average thickness. Does yours have those tiny raised numbers & letters on the label, or should I say under the label, the same as on the Epitome of Sounds on Sandbag? Looks like 21 CO ? The two copies I've seen have had the gold Chips Weldon McDougal stickers on.

Ted, you have heard it, when you came to Stewartby, so it can't be that good if you don't remember it :thumbsup:

Ady

Edited by pottsy
Social source share

Hi Pete,

That's strange, my copy seems a normal average thickness. Does yours have those tiny raised numbers & letters on the label, or should I say under the label, the same as on the Epitome of Sounds on Sandbag? Looks like 21 CO ? The two copies I've seen have had the gold Chips Weldon McDougal stickers on.

Ted, you have heard it, when you came to Stewartby, so it can't be that good if you don't remember it :lol:

Ady

Hi Ady,

sorry for the delay in getting back to you ; yes it's got those markings - never noticed before and can barely read them , but they're there. Also stamped [ ink stamp ] promo.

I've had a proper look, and I probably exaggerated the thinness, but it's definately thinner than most other vinyl usa 7's I've got and is probable the thinnest .

A little bit floppy in fact . [ I'll now stand back and wait for a slew of cheeky one -liners ! ]

best

pete

Social source share

100 Club biggie for Shifty some 10 years ago (?)..........remember when he first found it & played it down the phone to me, I suggested the cover up name, I think my copy is Shifty's old play copy............good luck, tis a tough one.

Russ

Hi Russ,

That's strange, only yesterday I was thinking...'wonder if shifty still has his copy?'

At the time shifty was playing it I didn't know the records real identity, it was only when I was round somebodys house in the U.S. & I was playing through some records that I stumbled on who it was by.

Shame shifty packed in dj'ing, he was good, when he wasn't drunk.

Hope all's good with you mate.

Ady

Social source share

Hi Russ,

That's strange, only yesterday I was thinking...'wonder if shifty still has his copy?'

At the time shifty was playing it I didn't know the records real identity, it was only when I was round somebodys house in the U.S. & I was playing through some records that I stumbled on who it was by.

Shame shifty packed in dj'ing, he was good, when he wasn't drunk.

Hope all's good with you mate.

Ady

I'm good thank you mate, yeah I miss Shifties sets, once he had the confidence in his own tastes & was finding his own 'plays' as well as the other big Nighter spins he was good............very funny too & we had some good nights, he could still cut it if he had the inclination, no records of his own left now I dont think, but he had an uncanny knack of turning stuff up & it wouldnt take long for him to get a good play box back together.............he would be a breath of fresh air.

Hope the lad is ok

Best russ

Social source share