like british films?

Silly one this, know when your out and you chat, about everything, well i've mentioned the film BLUE JUICE to a couple of my mates who are into northern and they have never heard of it, the films a surf film set in Cornwall, but one of the surfers is a music producer, who has mixed northern tracks.. I won't say to much, but worth seeing..

Edwin Starrs in it and Keb Darge oh and some little actors.... Sean Pertwee, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Steven Mackintosh, Ewan McGregor, Keith Allen.

you can buy it for about a £5er cause its an old film...

you won't learn anything but its a good film

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mischief,

Yeah seen that film ages ago and told a few mates about it myself.

Quite strange with the fat bloke jumping about painted with very little in the way of clothes on but good to see Sir Edwin giving it a debut.

Nice to see a dig at producers and music promoters giving it large on mixing traditional Northern with modern dance music.

Always remember the guy going in to the hotel and faintly hearing a choon in the background, walking through the doors and pronouncing to the lady dj" Sam Dees Lonely for you baby" for him to be dissed for mixing her fathers(Edwin Starr) choon.

When he went back to the do that was in full swing, all these soulies surrounding him before he picked up the groove and found his feet again.You could feel it surge through him, excellent.

Get the same buzz when waiting in the queue of shops and a choon comes on wondering who is playing that?????

Haydn

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

My mate Lee Vowles (ex-leicester lad) was actually the music consultant on that one. They (the producers) approached him after a hot and sticky soul night in Newquay at the Lizzie which was partly to blame for the theme of surf sea and soul. I was actually approached to some dance coaching for the actors and even went along for a meeting with the producers who got held up on a shoot left me sitting like piffy on a rock bun in a morgue like hotel in st ives so after about an hour and a half wait i got the arse big time and stormed out throwing my tiarra in the bin and i believe they ended up using that clodd hopper Keb for dance advice Harumphhhhhh!!!

Not a bad filum though, although it would be fair to say that back then the local soul doo's were much better attended than that the Lizzie used to regularly get 500+ through the door in the 90's not 13 ringers dancing in an empty room ;o)) Mind you their DJ was much better looking than Vowlesey ;o))))))))))

John

Social source share

I was actually approached to some dance coaching for the actors and even went along for a meeting with the producers

Funniest thing I have read in weeks :-)

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Very true though Nini, i'm sure i've told you that before though ;o))

I think you will find that the absolute funniest thing in weeks is you and Jessica on the winning Quiz team at Cleethorpes especially given that there are only three people in your team ;o)))))))))))

John

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!