Modern Madness

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I´m a bit surprised that noone has replied yet. Don´t think it´s because there is a lack of good releases to bring up, probably the contrary, that there are too many to mention...lol...

In modern soul circles the following are some of the most talked about releases during the last few months, full albums (CD or download) from the likes of:

Eric Benet, El DeBarge, Frank McComb, Jazmine Sullivan, R. Kelly, Deodato, Ronald Isley, John Stoddart, Al Olive, Freddie Jackson, Cee-Lo Green, JD73, Soul Talk, Faith Evans, Tom Glide & The Luv Allstars, Helen Brunner & Terry Jones (Linda Jones´ daughter), Rena Scott, Kem, Calvin Richarson, Will Downing, VA- Daxwood Soul II...

Hope this helps.

Best,

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Think these will be right`up your street` Russ.

So Strong-Jonathon Butler(came out earlier in the year) but check out title cut and factual,be here with you,i`m right here.

Holyhood-Helan Bruner and Terr Jones.If you like High Inergy this is for you feat:better,beautiful,you know me,you runaway.

Keep on pushing-Leon Beal feat:lights,camera,action,forever yours,live the life,helping hand.Great little modern cd.

Lust,love and lies-Will Downing more steppers,quiet storm pretty much whole cd is good.

John Stoddart New cd:Not actually got it yet but there`s at least 2 really good modern dancers on there.

Lew Kirton new cd;Again still waiting for it to arrive but worth checking out.

X4-Brian Culbertson feat:Another love,it`s time,out on the floor,skies wide open.Nice little modern cd.

In time-Richard Earnshaw feat:Title track,My door is open,Worthy,Waiting.Nice soulful house cd if that`s your bag.

Adriana Evans E.p:Came out earlier in the year on vinyl has well feat:Surrender,Walking with the night,waiting.Great modern/Every home should have a copy.

Songs from the faith-Elton Franklin feat:A better man,i got it,so sexy.Nice little modern cd think it`s from this year. (can`t locate the cd to check)

The royal sessions-David Hudson feat:Girl i`m coming home,something good,the best is yet to come.Great unreleased 80`s modern lp,every home should have one.

Joy trip-Jerline + friends.Awesome unreleased 70`s modern on vinyl has well.Cd is worth picking up has well.

Relatives lp;Unrealeased tracks put out by the band themselves feat:Leave something worthwhile,Heaven help us all,moving too fast,true love is hard to find.Great xover/funky/modern.Think a few of the tracks did come out on 45`s but stand out tracks didn`t.

Show me love-Westcoast allstars cd single only.Great modern dancer.

That`s all folks :(

Social source share

Think these will be right`up your street` Russ.

So Strong-Jonathon Butler(came out earlier in the year) but check out title cut and factual,be here with you,i`m right here.

Holyhood-Helan Bruner and Terr Jones.If you like High Inergy this is for you feat:better,beautiful,you know me,you runaway.

Keep on pushing-Leon Beal feat:lights,camera,action,forever yours,live the life,helping hand.Great little modern cd.

Lust,love and lies-Will Downing more steppers,quiet storm pretty much whole cd is good.

John Stoddart New cd:Not actually got it yet but there`s at least 2 really good modern dancers on there.

Lew Kirton new cd;Again still waiting for it to arrive but worth checking out.

X4-Brian Culbertson feat:Another love,it`s time,out on the floor,skies wide open.Nice little modern cd.

In time-Richard Earnshaw feat:Title track,My door is open,Worthy,Waiting.Nice soulful house cd if that`s your bag.

Adriana Evans E.p:Came out earlier in the year on vinyl has well feat:Surrender,Walking with the night,waiting.Great modern/Every home should have a copy.

Songs from the faith-Elton Franklin feat:A better man,i got it,so sexy.Nice little modern cd think it`s from this year. (can`t locate the cd to check)

The royal sessions-David Hudson feat:Girl i`m coming home,something good,the best is yet to come.Great unreleased 80`s modern lp,every home should have one.

Joy trip-Jerline + friends.Awesome unreleased 70`s modern on vinyl has well.Cd is worth picking up has well.

Relatives lp;Unrealeased tracks put out by the band themselves feat:Leave something worthwhile,Heaven help us all,moving too fast,true love is hard to find.Great xover/funky/modern.Think a few of the tracks did come out on 45`s but stand out tracks didn`t.

Show me love-Westcoast allstars cd single only.Great modern dancer.

That`s all folks :lol:

Wayne mate, you'll go blind buying all those CD's !!!!

Social source share

Thats brilliant everyone, thanks very much indeed - Wayne, maybe see ya at Filthy all being well - moving house before Xmas so might be up to my neck in it, but I'll be there hopefully all being well.

Thanks again everyone...............

Russ

Good luck with the move Russ,wish you luck with that one...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!