Soul @ Stamford

Soul @ Stamford Friday 3rd December

Well that's it as far as 2010 goes for Soul @ Stamford, it's been an up and down year but we finished on a high.

With a change in DJ line ups and music policy midway through the year to a more commercially orientated night it has put bums back on seats or more to the point feet on the dance floor. Looking forward to getting next year's dates sorted out and kicking on again.

Last night's DJ`s put together a mix of soul music from most genre`s that worked unbelievably well for a one roomed event we had 60`s Stax & Atlantic soul classics from Wilson Pickett to James Phelps - Motown floorfillers - Northern Soul tunes from Billy Butler to The Spiedels - Club Soul memories, all in all a cracking good night. The night was kicked off by "Skip" and then double decking from Stamford stalwart AJ Dawson & Cleethorpes legend "Poke" followed by yours truly Steve Gutteridge and then we did all over again!. One of the most pleasing aspects was that the locals who have started turning up for the more well known Motownesque offerings warmed to most of the music being played, notably the 70`s tunes. Big thanks to all at Newages Sports & Social Club who are wholeheartedly behind us all.

Thanks for your support in 2010 on behalf of all connected with Soul @ Stamford

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Steve it was a very good night and me and Sue enjoyed it emensly, it was worth paying just to see the christmas decorations .....

Crap spelling mate for a teecher :hatsoff2:

Big red pointy hat with a D on it fer you mush.

Yes, another immensely :yes: enjoyable night. A bit of summat for most folks within the soul spectrum.

Super friendly atmos as always.

Those decorations were something else, obviously spared no expense to make it really Christmasy

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dave Turner

obiously yous dont speaks proper england like i's teeches the skool kidz in granfam mush ;0

Crap spelling mate for a teecher :hatsoff2:

Big red pointy hat with a D on it fer you mush.

Yes, another immensely :yes: enjoyable night. A bit of summat for most folks within the soul spectrum.

Super friendly atmos as always.

Those decorations were something else, obviously spared no expense to make it really Christmasy

:thumbsup:

Steve it was a very good night and me and Sue enjoyed it emensly, it was worth paying just to see the christmas decorations .....

I nearly popped out to Morrissons to buy some decorations for them myself.

Thought school kids had been flicking paper and spit balls at the ceiling with their rulers.

Is the spelling OK Arkwright :) :) :lol:

Can`t wait for new years eve, they have got a new alarm clock from Poundland (if it goes off) :thumbsup:

Edited by Steve Soul
Guest Dave Turner

I nearly popped out to Morrissons to buy some decorations for them myself.

Thought school kids had been flicking paper and spit balls at the ceiling with their rulers.

Is the spelling OK Arkwright :thumbsup::thumbup: :thumbup:

Can`t wait for new years eve, they have got a new alarm clock from Poundland (if it goes off) :thumbsup:

No double S in Morrisons mate

Jeez, what's the world coming to laugh.gif