Swinton Vic

Well done to all concerned for a creditable and enjoyable opening night , and hoping it was the start of a long and successful one .

I am pleased to say that the hopes and expectations of Nel and Micky for a decent crowd were met , as the attendance well over the 100 + ( 120 ? ) mark , all of whom looked to be enjoying the night and the music played .

I had never set foot in The Vic until last night ( a first for me , as I have been in - and fell out - of most the pubs in the area at one time or another ) , and I was pleasantly surprised to find it was what I call an " old time " venue , i.e. one with

no frills , meaning it is totally suited to / for the music , as it harks back to and echoes the early / grass roots days when

such venues played host - and an important part - in the developing soul music scene in the area .

Highlight of the night ? getting a name check from Joyce and Shirl at the start of their spot :) .

Sithee at the next one :thumbsup:

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
  • Replies 5
  • Views 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Totally agree with you Malc, couldn't have wished for a better DJ line-up...........Karen, Nel, Mick, Brandy Sisters & Yocky....brilliant spots guys an gals.

Well done to Nel & Mick for setting this one up, will see you next month.............Nel & Jean, have a great time in OZ........don't mention the cricket tho'...

See ya next month

KTF

JT & Mel

Guest BrandySistaShirl

Well done to all concerned for a creditable and enjoyable opening night , and hoping it was the start of a long and successful one .

I am pleased to say that the hopes and expectations of Nel and Micky for a decent crowd were met , as the attendance well over the 100 + ( 120 ? ) mark , all of whom looked to be enjoying the night and the music played .

I had never set foot in The Vic until last night ( a first for me , as I have been in - and fell out - of most the pubs in the area at one time or another ) , and I was pleasantly surprised to find it was what I call an " old time " venue , i.e. one with

no frills , meaning it is totally suited to / for the music , as it harks back to and echoes the early / grass roots days when

such venues played host - and an important part - in the developing soul music scene in the area .

Highlight of the night ? getting a name check from Joyce and Shirl at the start of their spot :lol: .

Sithee at the next one :thumbsup:

Malc

good morning malc.:lol:

what a great first night it was.

cold outside but a lovely warm friendly atmosphere inside.

lovely to speak to you and yours last nite.

i think everyone had a good night..

a few thankyous. the lady and gent on the door..........you did a great job.

the bar staff were brilliant.(so were the prices,:wave: )

the crowd were warm and welcoming.

to mick n nel...thanks for inviting us to play.we realy enjoyed it.

the d.js...nel mick yockie.:)

and a special mention to karen.....brill.:)

if this is a sign of things to come..........well bring it on.

well done to nel n mick .

see you all soon.shirl.x

good morning malc.:)

what a great first night it was.

cold outside but a lovely warm friendly atmosphere inside.

lovely to speak to you and yours last nite.

i think everyone had a good night..

a few thankyous. the lady and gent on the door..........you did a great job.

the bar staff were brilliant.(so were the prices,:lol: )

the crowd were warm and welcoming.

to mick n nel...thanks for inviting us to play.we realy enjoyed it.

the d.js...nel mick yockie.:thumbsup:

and a special mention to karen.....brill.:)

if this is a sign of things to come..........well bring it on.

well done to nel n mick .

see you all soon.shirl.x

thumbsup.gifWhat can i say to that , once again massive thankyous to the landlord, bar staff, doorman , lass taking brass, fantastic job cheers.

DJ,s -- Karen,s first time on the decs and did brill job ,plenty more to come from this lady im sure , Brandy Sisters and Yocky absolutely awsome and kept the floor bouncing, me and nel were chuffed to bits with the turn out on such a cold nite so thankyou to everyone who attended.

The landlord as said he will sort the floor out but being honest folk just danced and didnt moan so thanks for that .

Thanks to Mick and Ian for putting equipment in, first class sound, Ian cheers mate for being there to sort probs out which were minimal and you sure looked like you had a good nite .

We will have our work cut out to top last nite but with friends like we have and the dj,s who will be playing we will sure give it a go.

Dont forget next one is Jan 22nd, guest dj,s --- Karen (early spot on her own this time ) and Mark the wok Jones (johna ) & Pete the lil shit Jones (pedro)

Febuary onwards will be first sat of month.

Once again thankyou from Mickey2Dinners & El Nel for all who attended and the dj,s and staff for making it such a special first nite hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif

Guest dazzzzler

thumbsup.gifWhat can i say to that , once again massive thankyous to the landlord, bar staff, doorman , lass taking brass, fantastic job cheers.

DJ,s -- Karen,s first time on the decs and did brill job ,plenty more to come from this lady im sure , Brandy Sisters and Yocky absolutely awsome and kept the floor bouncing, me and nel were chuffed to bits with the turn out on such a cold nite so thankyou to everyone who attended.

The landlord as said he will sort the floor out but being honest folk just danced and didnt moan so thanks for that .

Thanks to Mick and Ian for putting equipment in, first class sound, Ian cheers mate for being there to sort probs out which were minimal and you sure looked like you had a good nite .

We will have our work cut out to top last nite but with friends like we have and the dj,s who will be playing we will sure give it a go.

Dont forget next one is Jan 22nd, guest dj,s --- Karen (early spot on her own this time ) and Mark the wok Jones (johna ) & Pete the lil shit Jones (pedro)

Febuary onwards will be first sat of month.

Once again thankyou from Mickey2Dinners & El Nel for all who attended and the dj,s and staff for making it such a special first nite hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif

well 4 a first night really top drawer , music top notch from all djs,gud venue,as for dance floor i ended up wi sea sick that many waves init :thumbup: .but if its guna be sorted got gud venue 4 future ,nice one :thumbsup:

well 4 a first night really top drawer , music top notch from all djs,gud venue,as for dance floor i ended up wi sea sick that many waves init :thumbsup: .but if its guna be sorted got gud venue 4 future ,nice one :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gifcheers daz, glad you enjoyed it, good to see ya last nite , yeah the venue great , cheap bar ,large dance floor which will be sorted so fingers crossed it will carry on as it started, best get some money spent and buy a few more tunes lol , some great dj,s last nite and many more lined up to follow in the future hatsoff2.gifhatsoff2.gif