Forest Town Welfare

EVERYONE HAD A GOOD NIGHT THAT MADE IT IN,SORRY TO DOUGIE AND A FEW OTHERS THAT TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME ,THE CAR PARK WAS BAD THOUGH,ANYWAY FOR THOSE THAT MADE IT HAD A GOOD NIGHT GUEST DJS MITCH AND GRAHAM WEAVER PLAYED CRACKING SETS AND IAN GEE FINSHED OFF WITH SOME MINT SOUNDS ALONG WITH REQUESTS,:thumbsup: ,THE DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY AND I DONT THINK THE BAR WAS DISAPPOINTED,SO A FIRST NIGHT BAD WEATHER,GREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTT,UNTIL NEXT MONTH,GUEST DJ DANCING DJ SAM EVANS,A BIG THANKS FOR THE TURN OUT AND SUPPORT,KTF,CARL :) :) FOR THOSE WHO PICKED FLYERS UP FOR NEXT MONTH THE SLIGHT ERROR OF DATE AND DAY HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO FRIDAY 7TH JAN.......:lol:

Edited by boxerbeat
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup: aup carl & ian , thank you for asking me to dj at the new forest town soul nite on the first nite , i enjoyed every minute of the nite ,dance floor full good atmosphere carnt wait till the next one , done my leg in giving troy a push he got hes car stuck in the snow , see you next week at the blackhearts ktf rictic :) :)

Guest Soul Shelley

:thumbsup: aup carl & ian , thank you for asking me to dj at the new forest town soul nite on the first nite , i enjoyed every minute of the nite ,dance floor full good atmosphere carnt wait till the next one , done my leg in giving troy a push he got hes car stuck in the snow , see you next week at the blackhearts ktf rictic :) :)

Hi Graham

Sounds like you all had a good nite, even though weather was bad.

Did you manage to play something for our old mate Arthur.

jenny

EVERYONE HAD A GOOD NIGHT THAT MADE IT IN,SORRY TO DOUGIE AND A FEW OTHERS THAT TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME ,THE CAR PARK WAS BAD THOUGH,ANYWAY FOR THOSE THAT MADE IT HAD A GOOD NIGHT GUEST DJS MITCH AND GRAHAM WEAVER PLAYED CRACKING SETS AND IAN GEE FINSHED OFF WITH SOME MINT SOUNDS ALONG WITH REQUESTS,:thumbsup: ,THE DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY AND I DONT THINK THE BAR WAS DISAPPOINTED,SO A FIRST NIGHT BAD WEATHER,GREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTT,UNTIL NEXT MONTH,GUEST DJ DANCING DJ SAM EVANS,A BIG THANKS FOR THE TURN OUT AND SUPPORT,KTF,CARL :) :) FOR THOSE WHO PICKED FLYERS UP FOR NEXT MONTH THE SLIGHT ERROR OF DATE AND DAY HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO FRIDAY 7TH JAN.......:lol:

Sorry couldnt get me chuffin van to stop slidin

had to dig it out on first avenue got into carpark and back end all over the place bit dangerous for me to stay

bin on me own wouldnt have minded

but will endeavour to get across Jan 7th Fri night fer the second night

glad it was a good un but safety first of course especially when it could have bin dangerous me driving fer others trying to walk and park

Sorry couldnt get me chuffin van to stop slidin

had to dig it out on first avenue got into carpark and back end all over the place bit dangerous for me to stay

bin on me own wouldnt have minded

but will endeavour to get across Jan 7th Fri night fer the second night

glad it was a good un but safety first of course especially when it could have bin dangerous me driving fer others trying to walk and park

sorry you had a wasted trip over dougie,but as you say safety first,the table is already ready for you on the 7th jan,ktf,carl............:thumbsup:

Well what can I say,first time ever for me at the Forest town welfare and what a night,numbers a bit slow coming in but when they did it was amazing,the whole soul family is just so friendly,Mitch,Graham,Carl,and soul father Ian,all played brilliant spots,Quality where it counts,floor full all night,this is going to be a top night,if thats what happens when people can't get cos of the weather,wait until its fine queues round the car park me thinks well done lads.KTF Gigs :thumbsup:

Hi Graham

jenny

Hello Jenny

So sorry to hear about my old friend Arthur, Graham played Volumes and I played Dean Parrish for him.

KTF

Ian G

weather? what weather?

for those that stayed in pretending to fear the road conditions while quietly nurturing an urge to watch the 'crap-factor' i say this, you missed an excellent night @ forest town welfare.

we made it from (and back to skegness) no probs, in fact the freezing fog, icy roads and senseless driving of other dick-heads paled into insignificance next to the fookin' car park!!!!

if it's bad enough to put a big fella like doug off what chance did us mere mortals stand?

but brave it we did, we hadn't drove 87 miles just to be put off by a car park resembling the north pole, besides, there were enough ex-miners there to dig us out if needs be.

it's been a while since we've managed to see our friends from the east mids soul crew but their welcome made those months just drop away, it's as if that gap in time had never been there.

got there for graham weavers' set and ian 'gees', loved them both, a night of oldies was promised and a night of oldies was delivered.

excellent company, excellent tunes in what i feel is probably the most suited (for this soul thingy) venue in the area.

keep up the great work guys and when the weather breaks (and crap factor ends) be sure of this..... you'll be 'rammed' and it will be 'bangin' (to quote GW).

on a personal note, chill out for wednesday ian, a walk in the park my friend.

hope to see the EMSC on NYE @ KWH (if you know what i mean)

images on the new forest town web site https://foresttownsoul.art.officelive.com/default.aspx

EVERYONE HAD A GOOD NIGHT THAT MADE IT IN,SORRY TO DOUGIE AND A FEW OTHERS THAT TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME ,THE CAR PARK WAS BAD THOUGH,ANYWAY FOR THOSE THAT MADE IT HAD A GOOD NIGHT GUEST DJS MITCH AND GRAHAM WEAVER PLAYED CRACKING SETS AND IAN GEE FINSHED OFF WITH SOME MINT SOUNDS ALONG WITH REQUESTS,:thumbsup: ,THE DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY AND I DONT THINK THE BAR WAS DISAPPOINTED,SO A FIRST NIGHT BAD WEATHER,GREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTT,UNTIL NEXT MONTH,GUEST DJ DANCING DJ SAM EVANS,A BIG THANKS FOR THE TURN OUT AND SUPPORT,KTF,CARL :thumbup::thumbsup: FOR THOSE WHO PICKED FLYERS UP FOR NEXT MONTH THE SLIGHT ERROR OF DATE AND DAY HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO FRIDAY 7TH JAN.......:lol:

:thumbup: A Big thanks to Carl and Ian for inviting me to spin a few toons on their first night at the welfare. A good crowd attended despite the weather and the dance floor was kept busy all evening. If last night is anything to go by this place is going to be a packer in the coming months :thumbsup:

KTF Mitch & Mel beer.gif

www.blackheartsoul.co.uk

:thumbsup: Cheers Carl n Ian for another great night. We all had a great time Elliot loved the music and the dancing.

As always great people, great music and a great night.

Carl big thanks for his patches his Nan's fingers bleedin :thumbsup: today stitchin em on and cheers to Dave n Jo for the records.:thumbup:

See you at Blackhearts next Friday.

KTF

Scott Mad n Elliot :lol:

Guest Soul Shelley

Hello Jenny

So sorry to hear about my old friend Arthur, Graham played Volumes and I played Dean Parrish for him.

KTF

Ian G

Thanks Ian and Graham he would have liked that.

Ian have left you a message on Forum (members shouts):thumbsup:

KTF

Jenny

well .. looks like the re- birth of a great venue ! great dance tunes all night with a great turn out with soulies from some distance away !

forest town is an "ideal" venue ... a few "tweaks" and it will be a top winner ... super night !

pete n' susan ktf :thumbsup:

post-7477-0-87356200-1291576868_thumb.jp

Edited by casper

WE

if you think forest town had parking problems with the snow on the car park you should have tried "Meadowhall" sunday :) 3000 cars with no where to park cos most of the upper levels shut with snow "Meadow hell " lol :lol:

pete n' susan ktf

AUP PETE,SUSAN,BLOODY HELL MATE DONT YOU SLEEP,LOL,IAN AND CLARE WHERE DOWN MEADOWHALL SUNDAY TO,NEXT MONTH WILL BE FINE,ANYWAY DONT FORGET ABOUT THE BIG VENUE ON THE 22ND JANUARY AT THE WINDING WHEEL CHESTERFIELD,WE HAV,NT HAD ANY FLYERS FROM PHIL YET,I,LL GET IAN TO GIVE HIM A RING,KTF,CARL,PS SEE YOU FRIDAY..............:ohmy:

EVERYONE HAD A GOOD NIGHT THAT MADE IT IN,SORRY TO DOUGIE AND A FEW OTHERS THAT TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME ,THE CAR PARK WAS BAD THOUGH,ANYWAY FOR THOSE THAT MADE IT HAD A GOOD NIGHT GUEST DJS MITCH AND GRAHAM WEAVER PLAYED CRACKING SETS AND IAN GEE FINSHED OFF WITH SOME MINT SOUNDS ALONG WITH REQUESTS,:) ,THE DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY AND I DONT THINK THE BAR WAS DISAPPOINTED,SO A FIRST NIGHT BAD WEATHER,GREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTT,UNTIL NEXT MONTH,GUEST DJ DANCING DJ SAM EVANS,A BIG THANKS FOR THE TURN OUT AND SUPPORT,KTF,CARL :ohmy::lol: FOR THOSE WHO PICKED FLYERS UP FOR NEXT MONTH THE SLIGHT ERROR OF DATE AND DAY HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO FRIDAY 7TH JAN.......thumbsup.gif

so glad it went well for you Carl . We're all looking forward your spot at the Riley Smith Hall this Sat (11 Dec)

We came in a bit late, but with a greeting from Carl at the door :)

Forest Town is a cracking venue & much bigger than i thought it was going to be :D

Coming in late did mean that we missed some tunes, but Gray & Ian always play something that we know will get us all on the floor :lol:

It may of been cold & nasty outside, but it was warm & friendly inside :lol:

Well done to Carl for clearing a path in the snow :ohmy: .............i did'ant even get my sock's wet laugh.gif

Debbie x

Edited by parkash

Hi Graham

jenny

:( hiya jenny , i told ian gee about it and he played a tune for him and he wants to now when the funeral is ,let us know ktf gray :thumbsup:

EVERYONE HAD A GOOD NIGHT THAT MADE IT IN,SORRY TO DOUGIE AND A FEW OTHERS THAT TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME ,THE CAR PARK WAS BAD THOUGH,ANYWAY FOR THOSE THAT MADE IT HAD A GOOD NIGHT GUEST DJS MITCH AND GRAHAM WEAVER PLAYED CRACKING SETS AND IAN GEE FINSHED OFF WITH SOME MINT SOUNDS ALONG WITH REQUESTS, ,THE DANCE FLOOR WAS BUSY AND I DONT THINK THE BAR WAS DISAPPOINTED,SO A FIRST NIGHT BAD WEATHER,GREEEEEAAAATTTTTTTT,UNTIL NEXT MONTH,GUEST DJ DANCING DJ SAM EVANS,A BIG THANKS FOR THE TURN OUT AND SUPPORT,KTF,CARL FOR THOSE WHO PICKED FLYERS UP FOR NEXT MONTH THE SLIGHT ERROR OF DATE AND DAY HAS BEEN CORRECTED TO FRIDAY 7TH JAN.......:ohmy:

Sounds like it went off ok Saturday Carl ,

I got called into work Saturday and also had to spend all day Sunday there too because of this bloody weather :ohmy:

Have a good one this Saturday and we hope to catch up with you at Bentinck next week ( cant make Black Hearts this Friday due to work again sad.gif )

All the best

Steve B