Mansfield Talbot

If you've never been to a Talbot Soul Night held monthly on Nottingham Rd Mansfield you should, approximately 80 participated last night danc floor was banging all might and all free, playing club classic sounds from the 60's 70's + Motown to reach the heart of Mansfield folk.

Dj's for the night were A top R&B + Ska man from Meden Vale "SX Sid Hopper" and myself, next month will be Civics' very own Res: Phil Kingswood.

Can't wait till next week when we have the Detours Christmas party at the Rufford on Chesterfield Rd playing same sound 11th Dec entry £3 Dj's for this night will be Mark the "Mod" ha ha, and myself.

" All welcome"

:thumbsup:

Edited by Dendog
  • Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If you've never been to a Talbot Soul Night held monthly on Nottingham Rd Mansfield you should, approximately 80 participated last night danc floor was banging all might and all free, playing club classic sounds from the 60's 70's + Motown to reach the heart of Mansfield folk.

Dj's for the night were A top R&B + Ska man from Meden Vale "SX Sid Hopper" and myself, next month will be Civics' very own Phil Kingswood.

Can't wait till the next week when we have the Detours Christmas party at the Rufford on Chesterfield Rd playing same sound 11th Dec entry £3 Dj's for this night will be Mark the "Mod" ha ha, and myself.

" All welcome"

Got a dancefloor in the Talbot?.Good to hear Sid's out and about,has Phil given up the running to you?.

Nothing wrong with what you're doing,but the Talbot would be full any Saturday.

Maybe a straw poll of the regulars may be in order? Good luck with it.

Got a dancefloor in the Talbot?.Good to hear Sid's out and about,has Phil given up the running to you?.

Nothing wrong with what you're doing,but the Talbot would be full any Saturday.

Maybe a straw poll of the regulars may be in order? Good luck with it.

Yes its mostly wooden, and the venues still phil's he double booked ask me to to run last night for him

:thumbsup: Den

Yes its mostly wooden, and the venues still phil's he double booked ask me to to run last night for him

On the raised area?.

Just an observation,but wasn't FTW on last night? Didn't go to either event so got no axe to grind,but isn't putting this on SS going to throw oil on the flames.?.

Thanks Dennis For Last Night Heard You Did A Good Job I Was Away On Xmas Party Duties ,Yes The Talbot is Usually Busy 1st Sat In Month ATB Soul Music With Guests Now & Then,Now With Wooden Dance Floor, And That Old Chestnut What "CERTAIN PROMOTERS" Bang Out "cheap beer" and its all FREE ENTRY not sure of date for Jan 2011 as its New Years Day Keep You Posted.

Phil K.

On the raised area?.

Just an observation,but wasn't FTW on last night? Didn't go to either event so got no axe to grind,but isn't putting this on SS going to throw oil on the flames.?.

Why Should It Dont Think So No Politics At Talbot!!! only Good Beer !!

Phil K.

Well bugger me, was across the road in Rosso all night! Would have nipped over to see Sid if I'd have known he was in there :thumbup:

Hi Steve Sid's is a great chap he did very well infact some-one that was right at the back came to ask him to turn the sound up, cos they loved his music. The Talbot is a great little pub and has a fantastic food menu, cheap beer served at the bar.

Phil your 100% right and thank you for letting me do the Talbot for you, and play some vinyl for people that have

No Politics

I HAD A GREAT TIME