Ad-Lib 50S/60S R&b/soul Club Lincoln

Guest adlibsoul

Guest adlibsoul

With the weather of the last week being so bad in Lincoln we could have cancelled this night.We decided to go ahead with it as all tickets had been sold and some folks had pre-booked rooms.We were also getting a lot of feedback from local people asking if there were any cancelled tickets that could be taken up on the night.In the end we were delighted that folks from Doncaster,Peterborough,Brigg,Newark,Sheffield and Grantham still made the journey to our little club.Most appreciated by all the Ad-Lib crew-thanks.These stalwarts of the scene were joined by various local people on their first visit to us.It makes a refreshing change to be approached by young mods experiencing the original music that gave birth to the all-nighter scene.Some of these guys are band members who play out freakbeat/garage and they told me they were blown away by the different sounds on the night. All said they are coming to the March night.All in all i would say by the end of the night we weren't that far off capacity.The record bar was heaving and the sound-system room full for most of the night.One hiccup was that 2 of the 3 barstaff didn't turn up but the Manageress-Liz-soldiered on alone until she got help at 9.30.She was also let down on a real ale delivery by the brewery and had to buy in various bottles of real ale.I hope this didn't cause too much of a problem to anyone.Ithink i got to speak to more people than i usually do and i must say these people all gave the night a big thumbs up.Hopefully folk who came to the night will add their comments to the thread.It's an open forum so honest opinions-positive or negative-are welcome if they are constructive.

I would like to especially thank Mick Casey who not only did the "for the "craic" of it spot but joined our own Allan Swires in a spot of double-decking as one of our djs was snowed in.

I will leave it to others to describe the music ,atmosphere and general feel of the night. Thanks to everyone again and hope you'll join us again in March. Glenn

• Replies 2
  • Views 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself.

A dark caverous club, creating the right mood and atmosphere.

Lots of young faces along with the more weather worn,

all thoroughly enjoying themselves .

A fantastic night, a shame it had to finish so early but having said that it left you wanting more.

Will definitely be back in March. :thumbsup:

Source Advert