E-Bay Stalker ?

MarkWhiteley

Has anyone come accross this ?

I am currently bidding or was before I was outbid :thumbup: on a number of items, not all records, some general stuff too.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but out of nine items I was high bidder on I have been outbid by what appears to be my new friend.

Now I know that the abbreviations that ebay use to keep bidders ID secret has little bearing on their real identity but every one

of the nine items has been topped by t***g(0) in order to protect my sanity I have just bid on another item, became high bidder and then

five minutes later........................outbid, by................................you guessed it t***g(0)

Now am I losing it or has this happened to anyone else :thumbsup:

M

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I am currently bidding or was before I was outbid :thumbup: on a number of items, not all records, some general stuff too.

Maybe I'm being paranoid but out of nine items I was high bidder on I have been outbid by what appears to be my new friend.

Now I know that the abbreviations that ebay use to keep bidders ID secret has little bearing on their real identity but every one

of the nine items has been topped by t***g(0) in order to protect my sanity I have just bid on another item, became high bidder and then

five minutes later........................outbid, by................................you guessed it t***g(0)

M

are all the items being sold by the same person ?

if yes then could be shill bidding......

Social source share

How about i put a tune up for auction and you bid on it at an inflated price then your stalker outbids you and i make a very tidy profit that i would be willing to split with you, we could make a fortune :thumbsup:

Social source share

=================================================================================

If this individual keeps winning....how come he/she is still on a duck in the feedback stakes??? It stinks!!!:thumbsup:

Best

dogstoat

So far only a couple of the items have ended, very recently, so probably not paid for yet,

I think I will contact the sellars to see how transactions progressed. :thumbup:

might give Bearsy's suggestion a go too :thumbsup:

Social source share

I am currently bidding or was before I was outbid :thumbsup: on a number of items, not all records, some general stuff too.

M

If you want to see the full ID of the bidder, go to Advanced Search->By Bidder and put in your user ID, check "Include completed listings" and uncheck "as high bidder only" and click on "Search". It will show the full ID of the bidder. I'm pretty sure I know who it is in this case and they aren't stalking you (not that that would be possible).

Social source share

If you want to see the full ID of the bidder, go to Advanced Search->By Bidder and put in your user ID, check "Include completed listings" and uncheck "as high bidder only" and click on "Search". It will show the full ID of the bidder. I'm pretty sure I know who it is in this case and they aren't stalking you (not that that would be possible).

Thanks Bob, I'll give that a try on the completed listings, when you say youre pretty sure you know who, I cant think for a moment that this 'someone'

shares my taste in music and my wife's (who uses the same ebay account) taste in odd girlie things :thumbsup: thats way too coincidental to be realistic

M :thumbsup:

Social source share

Fantastic tip on searching. Didn't know about that. Thanks. Ideal for nosey sod's like me!

Social source share

this is great I never knew this was possible :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest wrighty

Fantastic tip on searching. Didn't know about that. Thanks. Ideal for nosey sod's like me!

i think you'll find this only works if you were yourself 2nd highest bidder :)

Social source share

i think you'll find this only works if you were yourself 2nd highest bidder :)

I am not sure you are right here......

I bid 150 bucks on one that sold for over 250 and it showed me the winner. So I must have been 3rd at best possibly even lower in the rankings.

Social source share

I bid 150 bucks on one that sold for over 250 and it showed me the winner. So I must have been 3rd at best possibly even lower in the rankings.

Same here, seems to show most things I have bid on - win, 2nd highest or cheeky low bids.

Doesn't show one where the identity is "Private".

Social source share

Same here, seems to show most things I have bid on - win, 2nd highest or cheeky low bids.

I get the username of a private ebay member if they have won the auction but unless i'm missing a trick its not much use as you can't do anything with that info.............

it just confirmed to me that there is one guy winning quite a few of the more desireable things I have bid on.

Social source share

I get the username of a private ebay member if they have won the auction but unless i'm missing a trick its not much use as you can't do anything with that info.............

it just confirmed to me that there is one guy winning quite a few of the more desireable things I have bid on.

yes, and it aint me :)

Social source share

yes, and it aint me :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think as long as you've registered a bid on an item you can check who won the item ....does'nt work if you never bid.

Mark ..if you tell me what you were bidding on ,i'll have a look for you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest wrighty

ah cool...i've only ever looked (usually with the hump) when i've been outbid on something and 2nd highest :(

and a quick check on something i lost last night and finished 3rd highest shows the winner...from japan :thumbsup:

Edited by wrighty
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!