Move On Soul Club 17Th December

Guest Matt Male

Guest Matt Male

Hi again. Well we've had quite a run recently with some great attendance over the last couple of Move Ons and hopefully this one will be no different. Two fantastic and well established rare soul DJs this month as guests, Big Danny Price and former resident Killa, as well as our current resident the amazing Pat Bleasdale, whose ear for the changes in a spot never fails to leave me gobsmacked.

Remember January is our open decks night and i'll post up later on this thread who has volunteered for a go so if you've told me you'd like to do it already and I miss you off the list, let me know. :thumbsup:

A massive thanks to everyone who has supported us again this year, especially the brilliant DJs we've had on and all our regulars and anyone who has visited us and enjoyed themselves. This is the end of our second year running Move On and January is our second anniversary :thumbup: Very occasionally it's been tough, but mostly it's been an absolute pleasure to run this event. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Here we go again...

MOVE ON RARE SOUL CLUB

Quality rarely heard out northern soul, RnB and funky northern sides.

Friday 17th December

8pm - 1am

£5 On The Door

DJs

Danny Price

Killa

Pat Bleasdale

Matt Male

Adam Topping

Coventry Connexions Club

Leamington Road

Ryton-On-Dunsmore

Coventry

CV8 3FL

Edited by Matt Male
  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Now, I have a feeling this could be a stormer.....Danny Price, well known and respected collector/DJ who played a blinder on his first guest DJ appearance for us and has been keeping himself busy (and the dancers) with regular spots at some top venues. A real ear for a tune and a playbox packed with quality.

Move On regulars will be familiar with Killas credentials from his stint as our resident DJ and probably just as well known to anyone who has been to an all-nighter over the last few years :lol:. A lovely guy with a great collection and a top quality DJ and looking forward to welcoming him back to Move On.

Pat never fails to amaze and this month is on for the last hour, while Matt and I fill in the gaps. Last one for 2010, let's see the year out in style :D

A massive thanks to everyone who has supported us again this year, especially the brilliant DJs we've had on and all our regulars and anyone who has visited us and enjoyed themselves. This is the end of our second year running Move On and January is our second anniversary :( Very occasionally it's been tough, but mostly it's been an absolute pleasure to run this event. Cheers. :no:

Very well said mate and I'll happily second every word of it :lol:

Edited by Guest

This likkle fella is gonna be there, havin a soul weekend in the Midlands, starting off with Move On on the Fri night then USOS on the Sat night, whey hey :yes: .

Love everything about Move On, the quality music played, the atmosphere, the friendly crowd, the venue......... run by top people who want to share their enthusiasm and passion for soul with others :thumbsup:.

Cya there.

Willie

Edited by Soulgrit
Guest Matt Male

This likkle fella is gonna be there, havin a soul weekend in the Midlands, starting off with Move On on the Fri night then USOS on the Sat night, whey hey :wicked: .

Love everything about Move On, the quality music played, the atmosphere, the friendly crowd, the venue......... run by top people who want to share their enthusiasm and passion for soul with others :thumbsup:.

Cya there.

Willie

Cheers Willie. See you there mate. :thumbup:

Always look forward to the trip down to Coventry. Last month had the wonderful company of Rosemary,next week, Peter will be with me. After talking to Killa and Adam in the week, sounds like it will be more fun than usual.

Hi Pat,

We always look forward to seeing you and hearing you DJ every month and it will be great to see Peter again :lol:. Sadly my dream of playing an hour of Abba classics has had to be aborted as Matt wouldn't let me borrow his Abba collection :lol: :lol:. But I think we can manage lots of fun anyway :lol:.

One week to go until we celebrate christmas 'Move On' style and I might even bring some mince pies along for everyone :D

Guest Matt Male

Hi Pat,

We always look forward to seeing you and hearing you DJ every month and it will be great to see Peter again :lol:. Sadly my dream of playing an hour of Abba classics has had to be aborted as Matt wouldn't let me borrow his Abba collection :D:lol:. But I think we can manage lots of fun anyway :lol:.

One week to go until we celebrate christmas 'Move On' style and I might even bring some mince pies along for everyone :D

Good idea, i might bring some food along as well. Don't be shy everyone, bring something seasonal you can eat.

As for Abba, no way, but i'd love to have the balls to do a spot of 70s disco some time, The Emotions, Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, The Real Thing etc...

No really... :lol:

Good idea, i might bring some food along as well. Don't be shy everyone, bring something seasonal you can eat.

As for Abba, no way, but i'd love to have the balls to do a spot of 70s disco some time, The Emotions, Earth Wind and Fire, Chic, The Real Thing etc...

No really... :lol:

You'd have to change your avataar first mate to something like this :D

post-4964-0-85182400-1292064231_thumb.jp

Edited by Guest
Guest Sean Haydon

Here's the video flyer for this month, expect to hear me play the record used on it in my early set :lol:

Looks like we have another busy weekend coming up then matewink.gif

Can't miss it, this lineup's fantastic!!

Guest Matt Male

Just under a week now until the last Move On of 2010. Then the anniversary in January, followed by Burnley the night after. I'll be doing both, hope many more will be too (oh and it's my 45th birthday on the 18th of January as well). What a week! :lol:

Here's the times for Friday:

8 - 9 Adam

9 - 10 Matt

10 - 11 Killa

11 - 12 Danny

12 - 1 Pat

Looks like we have another busy weekend coming up then matewink.gif

Can't miss it, this lineup's fantastic!!

Yes mate, it's all guns blazing this weekend.....perfect partying to get us warmed up for christmas :thumbsup:

I'll be popping along for this one...:ohmy:

I'm not going out til 22nd Jan but, like I told Tabs, this isn't classed as going out as it's too close...:lol:

There might be a couple of new faces coming from Rugby, they came along to our last all-niter, got the bug and were asking about Move On (I did try and put them off but they seemed determined)...:ohmy:

We like new faces Sian :yes::ohmy:

Is it still on...:thumbsup:

Don't watch telly now-a-days, thought it was now called Britain's got no talent...:lol:

Sian, try to remember that some of us are mere youngsters, I had to google search to work out what you meant about 'New Faces'.....references to programmes popular such a long, long time ago are lost on people who weren't even born when they started :lol: :lol: :yes: :yes:

I know that's going to earn me a slap from you on Friday.....couldn't resist though :lol:

Edited by Guest
Guest Matt Male

I know that's going to earn me a slap from you on Friday.....couldn't resist though :thumbsup:

Long overdue...

Some more pictures with some amusing captions now added to the website.thumbsup.gif

From the past two years, some from the Kersley Club where we were originally, some from the Banbury room with the bouncy floor ohmy.gif and some more recent from the Warwick Room where we are now based. biggrin.gif

www.moveonsoulclub.co.uk

Guest Dr Pickles

Bugger, bugger, bugger.

This is going to be my Friday night..........................................

med_gallery_1774_234_301671.jpg

Arse.

Two of my favourite DJs playing in a venue with no music policy. Brilliant.

I'm a big fan of this night. Heard so many new tunes that it all gets a bit overwhelming.

Have a fantastic night and spare a thought for some us who can't get there.

Hope to see some of you NYE :huh:

ATB

Doc

Guest Matt Male

Only three days left to the most upfront soul night in the country. :lol:

Come along and see what all the fuss is about, last one of the year, let's have a Christmas boogie. I think i've got White Christmas by Otis Reading some where. Might spin that. :lol:

Bugger, bugger, bugger.

This is going to be my Friday night..........................................

med_gallery_1774_234_301671.jpg

Arse.

Two of my favourite DJs playing in a venue with no music policy. Brilliant.

I'm a big fan of this night. Heard so many new tunes that it all gets a bit overwhelming.

Have a fantastic night and spare a thought for some us who can't get there.

Hope to see some of you NYE :thumbsup:

ATB

Doc

Hi Chris,

The beef is always the real man's choice at a carvery (unless you're veggie when the real man has nut roast) just be careful not to spill gravy on your glad rags :lol:. Are you doing the DJing for the disco, because that would be fun.....look blankly at anyone who asks for a Top 10 of the last few years and say 'who?' and any requests for those classic christmas party sounds get the same answer 'NO, I don't have that and I wouldn't play it even if I did.....but I will play some storming soul for you!' :lol:. Have a great christmas mate and if you're at Bidds for NYE then yes I will see you there :D

Think Lorraine Silver needs reactivating Matt. :lol: :lol:

See you in less than 24. :lol:

Only three days left to the most upfront soul night in the country. :yes:

Come along and see what all the fuss is about, last one of the year, let's have a Christmas boogie. I think i've got White Christmas by Otis Reading some where. Might spin that. :lol:

Guest bury masonic

Have a great nite Adam :lol:

Im sure you will with my mates Killa & Pat djing

Will get down their some time in the new year

See you 2 mo

Dereck & Sheila :lol:

Guest Matt Male

Hope the snow isn't putting people off venturing out tonight. Playbox still full from Bedford last weekend where I played a lot of Move On stuff that i'd played many times at our place, but i'll slide in two or three things bought recently as well. Looking forward to hearing Danny play again and wonder if Pat picked anything up in Germany last week... :lol:

See you all later everyone who is up for it, and have a good journey from where ever you come :lol:

Guest rosemary

Hope the snow isn't putting people off venturing out tonight. Playbox still full from Bedford last weekend where I played a lot of Move On stuff that i'd played many times at our place, but i'll slide in two or three things bought recently as well. Looking forward to hearing Danny play again and wonder if Pat picked anything up in Germany last week... :lol:

See you all later everyone who is up for it, and have a good journey from where ever you come :lol:

are you having a senior moment Matthuh.gif.....thought you came up to Bradford, I'm sure i saw you DJinglaugh.gif

Hope you all have a great night, and hopefully I will venture south again to Coventry in the new yearyes.gif

Guest soul widow

Me Steven and bob Wartcock are coming collecting mr Weston on way. Of course we shall take the scienic route getting there. Which means we will go the wrong way as usual!!!

So see you all at some point tonight lol

x

Have a great nite Adam :lol:

Im sure you will with my mates Killa & Pat djing

Will get down their some time in the new year

See you 2 mo

Dereck & Sheila :lol:

Cheers Dereck :lol:

PMSL wink.gif

Adam's playing it as a request

Need your hearing checked mate, what I actually said was 'I'd never play it, not even as a request' :no:

Me Steven and bob Wartcock are coming collecting mr Weston on way. Of course we shall take the scienic route getting there. Which means we will go the wrong way as usual!!!

So see you all at some point tonight lol

x

Look forward to seeing you, if you do get lost don't worry too much as the DJ on for the first hour is rubbish anyway :(:D

My mobile number for anyone who does need directions or other info is: 07851 288049

See you all there :(

Guest Matt Male

PMSLwink.gif

Adam's playing it as a request

When Adam saw i'd posted it on Facebook he went out and bought twenty copies to sell. :thumbsup:

Getting ready to leave now. Heard the snow is bad in some places, be safe on the journey everyone. :sweatingbullets: