Massive Thanks To One And All

An incredible turn out in such poor weather conditions! We salute you brave Souls who made your way (and the day!) through The Frozen Northern Winter to chillout at 'the Hellfire Club' for a tad cold 'Taste Of Honey' ! Which brings me to apologise for the lack of heat, we had a fire going but the boiler had gone awol yet we eventually got it going with help and advice from The Fabulous Carol who knows her onions when it comes to All things Thermatic ! So big BIG THANKYOU !!!

Musically the day was superb so Massive thanks to all the Groovey Disc-Jockeys who made us forget the Winter Blues ! As always the company was second to none and so many friends old and new made for a real melting pot brimming over with determination to have a great time come what may!

We had a hoot so once again thankyou for the pleasure of your company ! Cy'all on February 20th !!

Dave Rimmer & Matt Smart couldn't be with us for this one but will be back in Feb !

I'm sure everyone there will agree we we're aurally pleasured by a very fine crew of Tunesmiths par excellence ! Thankyou , Charlie Watson , Phil Shields , Sam , Big George , Budgie , Paul Havekin , Ken , Haydn , Carl & Maria , Andy Bellwood , Grant Rankin & Mr Steve Cato , apologies Will for not getting on but really looking forward to hearing and seeing you in Feb!!!

Biggest Thanks to all The Honeygroovers who make this such a special day YOUR THE BEST !!!

Big Luv

We Hope everyone on Soul Source has a Fab Christmas & A Groovey New Year !!

Bearsoul& Friends

Edited by bearsoul
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well, I decided at the beginning of the week, that I was gunna miss Hellfire for the first time...:D

I had my sensible head on and realised my health wasn't up to the long drive and the weather wouldn't have helped.

Saturday evening came around and I sat with a gub on me until Dean suggested I text Tabs and see if he'd give me a lift.

Within the space of an hour the lift was arranged and Ken would be joining us too...:hypo:

Funny how my mood changed...I couldn't sleep with excitement...sad mare...:lol:

So THANKS TABS, you're a star...:lol:

As Chris said, there was no heating, only a fire but dancing in our coats is a new experience...I chatted more than usual but still had an ear out for the wide mix of tunes.

The day flew by and when Tabs announced we would be leaving at 10pm, the ladies hatched a plan, we would stay on the dance floor because Tabs would be too polite to come and stop us...we didn't recon on Ken forcibly removing us from the building...I even tried to put on my invisible coat but it didn't work...

So with sad heart that another Hellfire was over but well and truely happy that I'd got out, we left.

5 hours later we got home...!!!:(

Yes we did stop off for chips and a cup of tea but what a journey. It's a good job we had a sat nav because we could hardly see out of the window.

The best bit of luck we had was having to come off the M6 at the junction for the A5 because just after that there was a bad accident and we could have so easily been in it.

The question is, would I do it again, you bet...:lol:

CnC thank you for giving us this gem...:no:

An incredible turn out in such poor weather conditions! We salute you brave Souls who made your way (and the day!) through The Frozen Northern Winter to chillout at 'the Hellfire Club' for a tad cold 'Taste Of Honey' ! Which brings me to apologise for the lack of heat, we had a fire going but the boiler had gone awol yet we eventually got it going with help and advice from The Fabulous Carol who knows her onions when it comes to All things Thermatic ! So big BIG THANKYOU !!!

Musically the day was superb so Massive thanks to all the Groovey Disc-Jockeys who made us forget the Winter Blues ! As always the company was second to none and so many friends old and new made for a real melting pot brimming over with determination to have a great time come what may!

We had a hoot so once again thankyou for the pleasure of your company ! Cy'all on February 20th !!

Dave Rimmer & Matt Smart couldn't be with us for this one but will be back in Feb !

I'm sure everyone there will agree we we're aurally pleasured by a very fine crew of Tunesmiths par excellence ! Thankyou , Charlie Watson , Phil Shields , Sam , Big George , Budgie , Paul Havekin , Ken , Haydn , Carl & Maria , Andy Bellwood , Grant Rankin & Mr Steve Cato , apologies Will for not getting on but really looking forward to hearing and seeing you in Feb!!!

Biggest Thanks to all The Honeygroovers who make this such a special day YOUR THE BEST !!!

Big Luv

Bearsoul& Friends

No Chris BIGGEST THANKS to you and Carlos for putting this wonderful event on. I really don't know how you manage to get such fantastic dj's to give up their Sunday afternoons/evenings and come out in all weather's to entertain us with such fabulous music. All DJ's were top notch as per usual. Thanks also for yet another awesome CD off Carl and Maria, and thanks for the mince pies.

As long as you keep putting this event on you can rely on us to keep coming back for more.

Take care and have a wonderful Xmas and our best wishes for 2011.

Sandy, Tony n Donz X

I could wax lyrical about ATOH but there is little point. :lol:

Those that go know and those that don't are missing out on one of the best soul clubs.

The temperature might have been a tad chilly but the music was hot.

Great day, great company, great music.

It really is a gathering of like minded friends having a party.

It really doesn't get any better. :thumbsup:

Congrats to the Captain on another successful Sunday.

Have a good Christmas yourself.

Big Luv

Bearsoul& Friends

Give over Sian - you are embarrassing me.:lol::D

You've done the same for me on more than one occasion.

And long may our soul excursions continue. :lol:

And to reiterate I have to agree ATOH is a little gem.

Saturday evening came around and I sat with a gub on me until Dean suggested I text Tabs and see if he'd give me a lift.

Within the space of an hour the lift was arranged and Ken would be joining us too...:)

Funny how my mood changed...I couldn't sleep with excitement...sad mare...:D

So THANKS TABS, you're a star...:lol:

CnC thank you for giving us this gem...:thumbsup:

on the move at mo so will post more later.....but just a quick one-it was fab- playlists please

As promised, just a bit more, don't want to do the minimum 'thanks to all' for making it another special ATOH, yet don't want to go ott lol.

Would be seriously remiss not to have a very special mention to Chris & Carlos - hosts superb, Backdoor Kenny for a memorable double decking spot - loved 'em tunes and in particular The Manhattans .

Caught a tasty set from Grant - stand out track after track but Pearl Jones & Azie Mortimer just stole it for me .

Paul H and Pete Best (Greatstones) played a blinder - must track down that Prime Cuts 45 , then gems from Stevie Cato set the dance floor alight, in contrast to the fire eating antics elsewhere and the flames leaping off the bar.....

The Rugby crew were in fine form , ace to catch up with Phil Shields.

The cd - a gem of LP tracks and alternative versions complied by Carl & Marie Willingham is a stunner...

Chuffed to bit with the 45 acquired from Paul H.

Munched a few mince pies ....

Mega thanks to Dale & Maz for the lift and loved the chance to spin a few -

EUGINE MORGAN 'ITS YOUR VOODOO WORKING' (FULL SAIL)

JOE SIMON 'I SEE YOUR FACE' (HUSH)

TSU TORONADOS 'A THOUSAND WONDERS' (VOCAL TAKE 2 CUT)

ST GEORGE & TANA 'WITHOUT YOUR HEART' (SPANISH KAPP)

JO STANCE 'HEY GIRL' (RICKY-TICK)

JIMMY RICHARDS 'I WON'T BE RESPONSIBLE (A&M)

JIMMY McCRACKLIN 'THATS THE WAY' (IMPERIAL)

STEVE ROWLAND AND THE RINGLEADERS ' OUT RIDIN' (CROSS-COUNTRY)

RORY McDONALD 'YOUR LOVE IS INDESCRIBABLY DELICIOUS' (PHILLIPS)

EDDIE LEE MATTISON 'TAKE YOUR TIME (FRENCH VOGUE)

THE MAD LADS DID MY BABY CALL' (VOLT)

despite the freezing temperatures another great da and turnout for the Hellfire - awesome music, great people (especially early on when i walked in to be greeted by the willinghams in the city santa suits :yes: brilliant, great sets from everyone i heard shame duty called early monday so cudnt stay for the duration, cant wait for the next one, will post up set shortly

Chris and Carlos - thanks again :thumbsup:

Grant

despite the freezing temperatures another great da and turnout for the Hellfire - awesome music, great people (especially early on when i walked in to be greeted by the willinghams in the city santa suits :yes: brilliant, great sets from everyone i heard shame duty called early monday so cudnt stay for the duration, cant wait for the next one, will post up set shortly

Chris and Carlos - thanks again :no:

Grant

I would like to join Chris in thanking everybody that came to Xmas Taste of Honey, it was a great atmosphere and as always a great way to spend a Sunday, as it was said above. Thank you to all the DJs the music was fantastic and most people kept repeating over and over about how great the music had been, for the DJs that travel from far away and the local ones thanks a bunch, you deserve a medal. I couldnt believe the weather on the motorways when I was driving to Preston on Monday. To all of you from London, Rugby, York, Scottland and last but not least Belfast a big big thanks for helping Chris to make A Taste of Honey so successful with your presence and the DJs with the tunes. To all friends, old and new, thank you for making the journey on a very Icy Sunday. Chris there you are mate what a better testimonial of all your efforts than the great feed back you always get for every ATOH, see you all on Feb 20th :D I believe there would be a few cakes on the day??? In the mean time have a great and soulful Xmas and all the best for 2011. Carlos :thumbsup:

Q - What would stop you going to A.T.O.H.

A - Hell freezing over

Er... wrong, the soul addicts still arrived en masse, huddled in all manner of layers, and I can honestly say 'twas well worth braving the Arctic conditions. (Scott would've been proud of us)

The music was sublime as usual, couldn't say what was my fav to be honest but Carl and Maria had Sian and me on the dancefloor up to the point we had to be forcibly removed and bundled into the car (party poopers... you know who you are)

Big thanks to the organizers (party troopers... you know who you are)

Have got a pic of the "fire of hell" and soon as I work out this bloody smartphone I'll upload it.

All in all another belter of a Sunday for us Devils' Music worshippers... and next time you hear someone say "When Hell Freezes Over" ... hold your head up high and reply "Been There Done That" ... and it was fab.

See ya February

x

Edited by isis

Q - What would stop you going to A.T.O.H.

A - Hell freezing over

Er... wrong, the soul addicts still arrived en masse, huddled in all manner of layers, and I can honestly say 'twas well worth braving the Arctic conditions. (Scott would've been proud of us)

The music was sublime as usual, couldn't say what was my fav to be honest but Carl and Maria had Sian and me on the dancefloor up to the point we had to be forcibly removed and bundled into the car (party poopers... you know who you are)

Big thanks to the organizers (party troopers... you know who you are)

Have got a pic of the "fire of hell" and soon as I work out this bloody smartphone I'll upload it.

All in all another belter of a Sunday for us Devils' Music worshippers... and next time you hear someone say "When Hell Freezes Over" ... hold your head up high and reply "Been There Done That" ... and it was fab.

See ya February

x

Hellfire Son Of A Gun Yessiree Bob it certainly was chilly but we soon warmed up (well eventually lol) . Ta again for your advice Carol ! Colin & Sandra had the right idea they headed for the roaring fire and kept cozy ! Looking forward to any pics Folks and cy'all in Feb !!!

Cptn Frosty Von Chillout !:hatsoff2: