Pembo Rushden

Very sorry for not posting earlier but a massive thanks to everyone for making Lens final night one to remember! Also massive thanks to Brian Gaucher for making everyone think for an hour and Sean Chapman for making a marathon trip to blast the Pembo into orbit.

This venue never fails to amaze me on occasions and Saturday was one such night. We could not do it without all of you :ohmy: .

Thanks, Steve.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very sorry for not posting earlier but a massive thanks to everyone for making Lens final night one to remember! Also massive thanks to Brian Gaucher for making everyone think for an hour and Sean Chapman for making a marathon trip to blast the Pembo into orbit.

This venue never fails to amaze me on occasions and Saturday was one such night. We could not do it without all of you :thumbsup: .

Thanks, Steve.

That's what it's all about! - All styles of soul music covered and everyone respecting each others tastes - That's what makes it work better!

Over and out.

Len.

"If your going to play records in public, the most important thing is to do it your way and no-one else's"

That's what it's all about! - All styles of soul music covered and everyone respecting each others tastes - That's what makes it work better!

Over and out.

Len.

"If your going to play records in public, the most important thing is to do it your way and no-one else's"

Troop;

Not sure whether this is the norm for you guys but Im quite happy to post up my playlist, its something I try and always do, for me its about sharing the music !

Gouch

Troop;

Not sure whether this is the norm for you guys but Im quite happy to post up my playlist, its something I try and always do, for me its about sharing the music !

Gouch

Hi Brian,

Got no probs with play lists, it's a matter of personal choice mate. Be good to see it as you played a lot of stuff rarely heard out.

All the best,

Len.

"I am playing the right records, but not necessarily in the right order!!!"

Troop;

My playlist is below, as you can see, nothing that hasnt been played at some club or other over the years, but its a real hoot to put them all together in one spot under one roof. To those of you who took an interest you have my thanks.

Harold Tyler "Reality" (Tymo Records)

Bobby Womack "Tried and convicted" (Minit)

Natural Four "I thought you were mine" (Boola Boola)

Chuck Ray "I don't mind" (TAM-BOO)

Deniece Chandler "Mama I wished I stayed at home"

Soul Serenaders "Gotta hold on to you baby" (Josey)

Rhonda Davis "Can you remember" (Duke)

Major Lance "Don't you know I love you" (Contempo)

Gloria Scott "What am I gonna do" (Casablanca)

Newsound "Bet you never thought about it" (Scorpion Records)

Lil Ernie Johnson "Loving you" (Ride Records)

Jimmy Dotson "Come on and save me" (Soul House Records)

Clay Brown "Why you want to change" (Florentine)

The Village Choir "Sweet hot lips" (N.Y.C)

Four Tops "Just cant get you off my mind" (ABC Dunhill)

Invitations "Look on the good side" (Silver Blue Records)

Holland & Dozier "New breed kinda woman" (Invictus)

Choice of colour "You Love" (APT Records)

Mandrill "Too late" (Arista)

James Wayne & The Soul Soothers "I found someone" (Keylan Records)

Ray & Dave "Wrong wrong wrong" (Mica)

LV Johnson "Find yourself another man" (Palos)

Sonny Daye "Long long road to happiness"

Robert Jay "Who ever heard of a love like this" (Pacemaker Records)

Gouch

Edited by Gouch
Guest Kitty Soul

This is a very belated response but just wanted to say that last Saturday was one of the best nights ever at the Pembo. I can honestly say the music was great from all DJ's & had us dancing all night long. Time flew & the cold icy weather forgotten....so a big thanks.

Guest Northern PhanTom

This is a very belated response but just wanted to say that last Saturday was one of the best nights ever at the Pembo. I can honestly say the music was great from all DJ's & had us dancing all night long. Time flew & the cold icy weather forgotten....so a big thanks.

Also sorry for late post, just want to echo what "Kitty" said, had a great time legs were certainly aching the next day and what a farewell for Lenny. hatsoff2.gif

All the best, thumbsup.gif

Tom :thumbsup: