Prices Of Classic Northern Soul Re-Issues (Boots)

Guest juve1973

Guest juve1973

these copies of George blackwell were on ebay one went for £51 the other was buy it now £70, in the manship guide they are only worth £10 i understand its a few years out of date but these prices are way different. my question is are they that rare.BUY IT KNOW.doc

the copy of im gone for sale £125 for second issue (boot) one sold last week on ebay for £35 but was scuffed and described as pops and crackeled with damaged label..Doc3.doc

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

these copies of George blackwell were on ebay one went for £51 the other was buy it now £70, in the manship guide they are only worth £10 i understand its a few years out of date but these prices are way different. my question is are they that rare.BUY IT KNOW.doc

the copy of im gone for sale £125 for second issue (boot) one sold last week on ebay for £35 but was scuffed and described as pops and crackeled with damaged label..Doc3.doc

George Blackwell on the blue Smoke pressing £15 - £20

Eddie Parker - I'm Gone £20 - £25

if anyone wants to give me £50 for my EX+ Eddie Parker, go ahead!

Social source share

I got a feeling that of the back of the recent soulboy movie etc there is sudden influx of interest in the scene maybe this new breed have not got the knowledge yet when it comes to record buying hence some of the crazy bidding seen recently on ebay

Kieran

Social source share

I got a feeling that of the back of the recent soulboy movie etc there is sudden influx of interest in the scene

Kieran

Why do I find this hard to believe? Anyone?

I'd say a more likely explanation is just an equation of supply, demand and the quality of the records in question. If you're not that bothered about owning/playing originals then even £50 to have a playable 45 of one of the greatest bits of music ever committed to vinyl might not seem so crazy...

Social source share

Why do I find this hard to believe? Anyone?

I'd say a more likely explanation is just an equation of supply, demand and the quality of the records in question. If you're not that bothered about owning/playing originals then even £50 to have a playable 45 of one of the greatest bits of music ever committed to vinyl might not seem so crazy...

But it is crazy when you can get two tracks cut for yourself for £20?

Social source share

wasonly a few years back when people were paying £50 - £100 on ebay for the John and Wierdest look-a-like.

I got one of those (the first boot) off Ebay for £26 two sundays ago. To keep I mean.

All depends on the timing and who's actually buying at the time I suppose.

Social source share

But it is crazy when you can get two tracks cut for yourself for £20?

I guess, if you can be bothered to find a decent MP3 and not bothered about label design etc. and then even the boots are of some historical interest themselves nowadays I suppose Pete

Social source share

I got a feeling that of the back of the recent soulboy movie etc there is sudden influx of interest in the scene maybe this new breed have not got the knowledge yet when it comes to record buying hence some of the crazy bidding seen recently on ebay

Kieran

I find it hard to believe......yet that is exactly the reason quoted by my local record shop for a sudden surge of interest!....

"They're all in here asking for vinyl that's on the soundtrack of that new soul film" yes.gif

Social source share

probably not in the same vein

but i always liked the

patience valentine--you cant tell the good guys from the bad - real soul

because it was pressed with the c/u title

presume because it wasnt known at time

that it was edie walker--still kept it to this day

Social source share

probably not in the same vein

but i always liked the

patience valentine--you cant tell the good guys from the bad - real soul

because it was pressed with the c/u title

presume because it wasnt known at time

that it was edie walker--still kept it to this day

Good record in its' day , but I always thought Edie Walker was a disappointing name compared to Patience Valentine .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!