Willie Hutch Issue On Ebay

Dean

Bit of a fraud putting this in "Look at Your Box". Wish I was looking at it in my box.

West Coast Dunhill issue on ebay

Be very interesting to see what it goes for against what it may have reached in a more high profile auction like JM.

post-5677-0-18301100-1291723845_thumb.jp

Interesting that the seller is williehutchdarren - will he have to change his name once he sells? Must be like selling the family jewles. Must get a lottery ticket this week.

Edited by Dean
Social source share

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest veep1296

Bit of a fraud putting this in "Look at Your Box". Wish I was looking at it in my box.

Be very interesting to see what it goes for against what it may have reached in a more high profile auction like JM.

Interesting that the seller is williehutchdarren - will he have to change his name once he sells? Must be like selling the family jewles. Must get a lottery ticket this week.

A legendary format indeed.

Dave Greet & I once saw a "young" guy with two copies circa 78 St Ives I think.

DF

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Thought i was the only one to see that Dean:ohmy::lol::ohmy::lol:laugh.gif:lol::D:lol:

Social source share

A Minter The Same As This Went Through Ebay Earlier This Year Did Just Over £950 Lets See How The Funds Are This Xmas ! Some Bodies Mrs Might Just Surprise them Christmas Morning !! :thumbsup: I Hope She Reads This!! I Don't Need Anymore Bl**dy Socks lol. :thumbsup::lol: :lol:

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

French RCA is poss rarer............with piccy sleeve..................sold mine to Manny,many moons ago......................proper vinyl as well

Social source share

Thought i was the only one to see that Dean:thumbsup::lol::yes::lol:laugh.gif:lol:laugh.gif:lol:

was hopefully tryin' to avoid a bidding war with you Smudge, I'm prepared to go to £205 . . . . you never know. Although worried now Paul D has posted looks dodgy, or is that a clever move to snag it at £200?

Social source share

Have You Noticed 2 Of The 3 Look Different And This One Looks Different To All 3 ! ! :ohmy: Paul You Could Be Right ! ! :thumbsup:

Anyone clear on the difference East/West Coast? The popsike top 3 issues referred above have some label difference to the ebay listing. Time on left on popsike, right on ebay, 45 D - 4012 as opposed to D-4012.

post-5677-0-93029500-1291805574_thumb.jppost-5677-0-13559400-1291805609_thumb.jp

Social source share

I can only hazard a wild guess that it came out on two label designs with slight variation.

If Mr Tag had carried on his investigation he would have noticed that there are demos with both layouts, i.e. "Lou Adler" on the right and "Lou Adler" under ther title.

Mine, like the copy for sale, is styrene D-4012 with Delta # 58631-X.

ROD

Social source share

I can only hazard a wild guess that it came out on two label designs with slight variation.

If Mr Tag had carried on his investigation he would have noticed that there are demos with both layouts, i.e. "Lou Adler" on the right and "Lou Adler" under ther title.

Mine, like the copy for sale, is styrene D-4012 with Delta # 58631-X.

ROD

Hi Rod, I Did Notice The Demo's And The Layouts But The Issues Still Have A Different Layout To This One! And 2 Out Of The 3 Are Different. I Thought That The East Coast Issues Where The Same But Obviously Not as There Are 3 Different labels 2 East 1 West !! :thumbsup: If This Record Is Allegedly So Rare On An Issue Why Would A Company like ABC Dunhill Do 3 Different Designed Labels Doesn't Make Much Sense :yes::ohmy:

Social source share

Just a thought here regarding the name ?

Dazdakin on here was proudly telling us how he'd happend upon one of his all time wants no so long back ....??coincidence maybe ??

Social source share

Just a thought here regarding the name ?

Dazdakin on here was proudly telling us how he'd happend upon one of his all time wants no so long back ....??coincidence maybe ??

Nev He got it of Fingers at a very low price so he was telling me saturday

i was at Bidds the night John bought it and im sure he paid a grand for it

Social source share

French RCA is poss rarer............with piccy sleeve..................sold mine to Manny,many moons ago......................proper vinyl as well

a few years ago i got willie hutch to sign the sleeve on my french rca copy,i know at the time he said it was the first copy he,d seen !

Social source share

Ignoring Ted's "anorak" comment, who's probably just found out that what he thought was a regular issue of WH in his collection turned out to be Three Dog Night, I can see that the bottom copy of the three in the Popsike listing does look different to the other two. And none are the same as the Ebay copy.

However mine is the same as Ebay copy. I got a couple in mid-80's. Im saying that it isn't dodgy as a couple of posters have inferred, albeit jokingly I assume. Borne out by demo copies in the same format.

I think mine and Ted's point was that the regular issue isn't as rare as the Ebay seller makes out.

As to different layouts as you say East and West and styrene and vinyl maybe, different pressing plants utilised by a major company.

I regret Ted felt unable to enter this fascinating discussion and he will no doubt be giving my next topic a miss where I point out that in some Detroit matrices the "Z" is bigger than the "C" unless the "S" is slightly more curved preceeding it and it was recorded on a Thursday. My friend and I were stunned to notice this although he's not had a sexual encounter in some time and Im married.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Ignoring Ted's comment, who's probably just found out that what he thought was a regular issue of WH in his collection turned out to be Three Dog Night, I can see that the bottom copy of the three in the Popsike listing does look different to the other two. And none are the same as the Ebay copy.

However mine is the same as Ebay copy. I got a couple in mid-80's. Im saying that it isn't dodgy as a couple of posters have inferred, albeit jokingly I assume. Borne out by demo copies in the same format.

I think mine and Ted's point was that the regular issue isn't as rare as the Ebay seller makes out.

As to different layouts as you say East and West and styrene and vinyl maybe, different pressing plants utilised by a major company.

I regret Ted felt unable to enter this fascinating discussion and he will no doubt be giving my next topic a miss where I point out that in some Detroit matrices the "Z" is bigger than the "C" unless the "S" is slightly more curved preceeding it and it was recorded on a Thursday. My friend and I were stunned to notice this although he's not had a sexual encounter in some time and Im married.

ROD

And the "T" ?...stands for Ted..??

Social source share

Ignoring Ted's "anorak" comment, who's probably just found out that what he thought was a regular issue of WH in his collection turned out to be Three Dog Night, I can see that the bottom copy of the three in the Popsike listing does look different to the other two. And none are the same as the Ebay copy.

ROD

Nice One Rod !! :ohmy: But You Can See The point I Am Making The Artwork Etc On 3 Different Label Layouts And Then 2 On Demo's Plus The Printing Set Up & Printing Etc. Just Doesn't Stack Up As Being Viable To Press allegedly So Few Copies!! Atb John :thumbsup:

Social source share

Jesus! might be my biggest response to a topic i never started.

OK lets sort a few things out......Its rare.....its dog rare on a west coast stocker,

as for it being the only known one........little bit of sellers licence going on i agree....but it seems to have worked.

Yes i got it from fingers and i promised i would never sell.......but things have gone a little tits up and needs must.

I have emailed fingers telling him this and whatever it makes over 400 he gets 50% as i dont feel good about selling a disc i have wanted all my collecting life and then getting it for peanuts and looking like i am makin a fast earner, which i am not as i would sooner be able to keep it......there you go....life aint fare sometimes.

But please feel free to keep on chatting about it as its all free advertising.

Thanks.

Social source share

A legendary format indeed.

Dave Greet & I once saw a "young" guy with two copies circa 78 St Ives I think.

DF

That 'young lad' would have been Johnny Fingers I think, as it matches a story he told me about the Willie Hutch and St Ives is right in his part of the world :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

That 'young lad' would have been Johnny Fingers I think, as it matches a story he told me about the Willie Hutch and St Ives is right in his part of the world :thumbsup:

I have a mint issue too, the version with the bunched up, rather than spaced out lettering in the title. Not sure if that's the east or west coast issue, will check the runout markings tonight.

Cheers.....Pete

Social source share

I have a mint issue too, the version with the bunched up, rather than spaced out lettering in the title. Not sure if that's the east or west coast issue, will check the runout markings tonight.

Cheers.....Pete

Show off!!!!:no:

Mine's a crappy white demo :D

Hope you're well.

Julian

Social source share

Hi Rod, I Did Notice The Demo's And The Layouts But The Issues Still Have A Different Layout To This One! And 2 Out Of The 3 Are Different. I Thought That The East Coast Issues Where The Same But Obviously Not as There Are 3 Different labels 2 East 1 West !! :no: If This Record Is Allegedly So Rare On An Issue Why Would A Company like ABC Dunhill Do 3 Different Designed Labels Doesn't Make Much Sense :D :D

makes perfect sense, abc used various pressing plants when manufacturing a record, hence the varying label layouts and plastic variants i.e vinyl, styrene, once pressed, records were sent out on a sale or return basis, unsold stock was returned to abc to be recycled, a lot of the major labels adopted this policy, rca being a good example, obviously not every copy got returned, even a record that totally flopped on release would have sold a few copys, and probablly only around 80% of unsold made it back to be recycled, so there will be, albeit very few issues floating around, demonstration copys on the other hand were given out free and were not subject to the return / recycling policy, thaty why a vast majority of the major label stuff is more common on the demo format

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

Jesus! might be my biggest response to a topic i never started.

OK lets sort a few things out......Its rare.....its dog rare on a west coast stocker,

as for it being the only known one........little bit of sellers licence going on i agree....but it seems to have worked.

Yes i got it from fingers and i promised i would never sell.......but things have gone a little tits up and needs must.

I have emailed fingers telling him this and whatever it makes over 400 he gets 50% as i dont feel good about selling a disc i have wanted all my collecting life and then getting it for peanuts and looking like i am makin a fast earner, which i am not as i would sooner be able to keep it......there you go....life aint fare sometimes.

But please feel free to keep on chatting about it as its all free advertising.

Thanks.

Like you say Daz...these things happen, and i'm sure knowing John ,he won't be the least upset or bothered by your actions.

He sold a lot of stuff to fund himself when times were bad for him so he will fully understand your predicament too.

Also ,when John agreed a price with you ,it will have been a price that you and he were happy with ,so if you make a buck on the sale don't feel too bad.

We all have to let good records go from time to time ..don't let it get you down too much .

Good luck with the sale and hope your personal dilemna gets sorted :no:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!