Ebay Google Video Forum Ads And Banner News

Mike

in line forum adverts

the adverts you see on here do play a major part in keeping soul source both running and achieving its long time status as a free to view, independent self supporting soul website

do try and keep them down to a minimum, the amount are tailored to members group eg guests get more, mint get less

the inline forum ads (ones that show in the first post - look right ) have been upgraded and should be better performance wise and also can now offer to members a choice of what type ads you see when visitng

choice is ebay, google, video or a mix of all three and the selection is made on the advert itself ( look right - at the bottom of the ad block)

note: for those who like full strenth ebay you do need to choose the ebay section as the default one is a mix of all types

one bonus with these improvements is that the feature can be extended in future

soul source banners

a complete revamp which means a new setup and a new method of dealing with the inhouse soul source banners is currently under way and hopefully will be up and running in the next couple of days

hopefully this will improve greatly the current system in place

news will be posted and all regular banner advertisers will receive an email with full details once in place and up and running

a new email will also be provided for all questiosn, enquires and bookings

cheers thumbsup.gif

mike

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

in line forum adverts

choice is ebay, google, video or a mix of all three and the selection is made on the advert itself ( look right - at the bottom of the ad block)

note: for those who like full strenth ebay you do need to choose the ebay section as the default one is a mix of all types

cheers thumbsup.gif

mike

Just tried this out Mike and it seems to be very hit and miss at the moment.

90% of the time I'm just getting, or reverting to, Ebay ads no matter which choice I hit.

If it's not Ebay then it still seems to be pot luck that it changes to what I requested.

Not to bothered myself but thought you might like to know.

- Kev.

cheers kev

feedback always appreciated as can never test every situation

all choices get stored in the databse so it should be constant

just had a look at it and it hasnt registered any choice for you

thats odd

by rights when you click one of the choices it should show a popup and then reload the window

can now select below which adverts display

Ebay - Google - Video - Mix (showing google)

does the showing bit

eg (showing google) remain constant

wonder if it may be a popup killer affecting it

Hi Mike. When I click on any of the choices "loading" pops up top centre of the screen. Sometimes the ad window changes, but not neccesarily to the one I requested - could bring up any one of the others.

More often than not it will change, but to Ebay even though I requested Google or Video. Actually, most of the time it will be showing Ebay and despite "loading" will remain on Ebay.

To the right of the four choice buttons it constantly says "showing default"

Hope that helps clarify

- Kev

Edited by KevinKent
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for passing on kev

with the various features, different groups and different permissions etc

(and then add diff browsers/os to mix)

its often that not aware of things till members inform us

i know what caused it now - i used custom routine also use in refosoul for the choice

and so when refosoul aint avaialable to any group the "choice" wont work for them

on this dropping the vid section shortly as the provider method dont fit in with method used

ta

mike