• Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny Mack

Chalky

The Pre-fix is different on the Boot to the original. That's the surest way to tell.

Original color is lighter and print not as dark

Run out thinner on original

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

aren't there two boots? All I've seen is reference to a boot.

I had a boot with a green label, sold it a few years ago, is the original a yellow / orange label then?

Social source share

aren't there two boots? All I've seen is reference to a boot.

Here is what I posted before Chalky:

Right orig has narrower run out groove, and actually looks like a 60s record with a flat edge. Unlike the pressing which has a wider run out and more rounded edges if that makes sense. Also orig has BB223 A in run out in v small letters, boot has BEE 223 A in run out in spread out larger letters.

I'm an anorak right?Anyway hope that helps....Steve

This post has been edited by Steve G: 14 Apr 2010 - 06:32 PM

Social source share

Chalky

The Pre-fix is different on the Boot to the original. That's the surest way to tell.

Original color is lighter and print not as dark

Run out thinner on original

From what I can remember, this one looks the right colour to be a real one.

Like you said the writing is more bold on the boot.

Social source share

Here is what I posted before Chalky:

Right orig has narrower run out groove, and actually looks like a 60s record with a flat edge. Unlike the pressing which has a wider run out and more rounded edges if that makes sense. Also orig has BB223 A in run out in v small letters, boot has BEE 223 A in run out in spread out larger letters.

I'm an anorak right?Anyway hope that helps....Steve

This post has been edited by Steve G: 14 Apr 2010 - 06:32 PM

Hi Steve, you anorak :lol: Just looked at JM Guide as I'm now at home, there is two boots, both use the same pressing plate. Paper quality is smooth matt finish. 3 turn deaadwax 11.5mm wide, scratched in matrix, quite large (3.8mm high) and reads as you say Bee 223A.

One is heavy strong vinyl with a flat edge 1.02mm thick and reasonably flexible.

Second one is thinner vinyl 0.85 mm thick and running out to a thicker pronounced bevel edge1.02mm thick. This thin vinyl is brittle and will break when flexed.

Original is vinyl similar to 60's RCA pressing, paper style is grainy matt finish with sharp defined text. No more details.

Above courtesy of John Manship.

Social source share

well if it is the real deal I think someone's got themselves a bargain

:hatsoff2:HI ALL.... ASK MICK SMITH??? OK! TED I agree with you as this record fools the best of them, and MICK is one of the few copy's about, not sure if it is my old one sold in 1978, however you could ask me? but then again, forget about everything with exception to the paper grain as thats the best way to tell, however if you leave a wet cloth on the boot you can make the label grainy and Matt, if this is the case con-pair with a real one,,, Ask Mick Smith and take a butchers at mi**His Copy :lol: I have just looked at the copy, it is not a boot as the artwork is far to fine, However It looks differant to my copy from the 7ts also is there a copy with white in the eyes and beneeth the lines on each bee???or is that the other boot????

ph34r.gif DAVE KIL...WISHING ALL MY READERS A HAPPY YULE XX,,,,

And a Happy New Year (The Editor)

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!