I've Found Dena Barnes

Pete S

On 03/11/2018 at 13:29, colouredman said:

C4F233B4-F882-40ED-8FE7-38FB5D10DC88.thumb.jpeg.49e151c9bb766ef42089662435bf2c27.jpeg

Following on from last weeks photo of Nabay, I thought I’d follow up with the other photo everyone also wanted to see: Gardenia ‘Dena’ Barnes.

I was lucky enough to meet her on the same trip I met Nabay in 1991. She was actually very easy to find surprisingly; one lead; one phone call from that lead to her daughter and that was it.

The day Jacqui Kavanagh and I met her she was actually in mourning  at the wake of a close friend, with other ladies at a friends house, but she was still happy to meet us.

She was a lovely lovely lady, and I feel so priveledged to have met and interviewed her; probably the most emotional experience of my whole collecting life. More so when she told me that meeting us,  and finding out about how much her songs were loved over here.... had.......

‘not just made my day, its made my life’.

... priceless!

Again, this is a teaser for more to come, but I thought now was the time for a quick photo.

Sadly she’s not with us anymore, but those lyrics and that plaintive sweet voice will live on with us all forever.

Again, remember you saw this photo here first.

I hope you all enjoy seeing this photo as much ad you’ve enjoyed her songs.

Tim

Loving this thread Tim. 

Thanks so much for the picture and information! 

Where can I see the photo of Nabay?

Jordan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!