Summits - Never Say No, Going Rate?

Just wondered what the going rate was for this tune.

Didnt think it was rare but doesnt seem to come up for sale that often.

Is that cos it's a great tune and people dont want to part with it?

P.S did anyone listen to Steve Jefferies show on Sunday morning on Solar Radio?

He played two cover ups at about 11.30 and i'd love to know em! One was gospel ish, one was intro'd as The Stairsteps i think.

Cheers

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
Social source share

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 24
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Funny how i didnt get a single response last year when i posted this. But thanks for that Keith.

That Manship result is absolutely outrageous!! Was it definitely the I'll never say no record? Was it a demo or somert?? If just plain issue, i can't believe it.

I was wondering just the other day whether a batch of these had been found recently? Mainly because it's popped up on reputable dealers lists, and ebay shops/auctions quite a lot recently. Have they turned up? Or are people just jumping on the back of a couple of decent ebay results?

ALL of which are for a lot less than the Manship result, a third of the price in fact. I was lucky enough to get one at a decent rate. I'd say between 200-240 ish would be about right now?

Social source share

Funny how i didnt get a single response last year when i posted this. But thanks for that Keith.

That Manship result is absolutely outrageous!! Was it definitely the I'll never say no record? Was it a demo or somert?? If just plain issue, i can't believe it.

I was wondering just the other day whether a batch of these had been found recently? Mainly because it's popped up on reputable dealers lists, and ebay shops/auctions quite a lot recently. Have they turned up? Or are people just jumping on the back of a couple of decent ebay results?

ALL of which are for a lot less than the Manship result, a third of the price in fact. I was lucky enough to get one at a decent rate. I'd say between 200-240 ish would be about right now?

Azza

I 1st heard this on the oslo soul radio a few yrs back and wanted it .

I asked on here and had a few copies offered to me for £200 - £250 and it was hard to find .

Seems the guy on here who is selling em knows more than he's let ,on and has probs shifted a few on to us unsuspecting vinyl addicts :g:

In fairness though ,he's sold em at what looked like a good price ,but looking at the ebay copies,they are well and truly coming out of the woodwork at the moment :yes:

Such is life and it's a cracking double sider that deserves to have it's day :thumbsup:

Social source share

Just wondered what the going rate was for this tune.

Didnt think it was rare but doesnt seem to come up for sale that often.

Is that cos it's a great tune and people dont want to part with it?

I sold mine a couple of years back for two hundred I think. I had it some years and never really liked it much, I found it too sickly. You never saw it for sale back then so I reckon someone's found a few.

Jordi

Social source share

I sold mine a couple of years back for two hundred I think. I had it some years and never really liked it much, I found it too sickly. You never saw it for sale back then so I reckon someone's found a few.

Jordi

Sickly ....as in the vocal that sounds like a girl but is really a man .lol

Social source share

It does seem some have turned up recently cos it was rare as hell for many years?

There's a guy on ebay knocking them out at the moment

Hope there's not as many been found as there are copies of their other one on DC Int or they'll be worth a fiver tops!

btw I do like it after the first falsetto verse cos a different singer takes over! T'other side ain't bad either?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

It does seem some have turned up recently cos it was rare as hell for many years?

Hope there's not as many been found as there are copies of their other one on DC Int or they'll be worth a fiver tops!

btw I do like it after the first falsetto verse cos a different singer takes over! T'other side ain't bad either?

Cheers

Steve

Totally agree with you on all points there Steve.

Isn't it odd though how long this record has been around ,has been pretty well known ,yet never really had much exposure ?

I really hope that copies turning up all of a sudden ,doesn't resign it to the back of the box like the brilliant Dwight Franklin :(

Social source share

Cheers

Steve

It was really hard to find when we started to play it 4-5 years ago, but I'm sure someone has found a few? There has always been two copies in Oslo and when I sold one of them a year ago I got at least 10 emails asking for it!

Social source share

Sickly ....as in the vocal that sounds like a girl but is really a man .lol

its a sweet group crossover sound its meant to sound sweet but deffo not sickly more of an aquired taste which comes from listening to the group genre from the 70.s

Social source share

its a sweet group crossover sound its meant to sound sweet but deffo not sickly more of an aquired taste which comes from listening to the group genre from the 70.s

I love 70's sweet group soul, but I still find this sickly and twee although the chorus is fabulous. :thumbsup:

Jordi

Social source share

I really like It Takes Two by The Summits, I paid about £10 and have played it out a few times.

The flipside is a great tune also.

Tracey

had this for many years forgot how good it sounds today as good as the rarer one . this needs spinning again thats for sure good post

Social source share

Nice record which I hadn't heard until a couple weeks ago. Watched another one just sold this evening on ebay for $350 (c£225) and was graded M-......2/3rds the price of the one which was original subject of this thread, but still a bit more than I'd be prepared to pay personally.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert