Postal Delays Due To Bad Weather

Dylan

• Replies 29
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

how long are people waiting for 45s from the states. the post here seems to be realy slow just now.

got one that was posted 21/11 in USA that still isn't with me.

anybody got any longer than that ?

Not Yet Dylan!! But It Looks Like I Could Be Working On It :lol:

Social source share

last xmas i got a record deliverd from the states in just 6 days .yes i kid you not just six days normal post and i know a friend who had the same thing

I Wish Mine Would Come That Quick!! I Wanted To Play It Out Tomorrow Night I Think The Hold Up Is At This End Due To The Recent Weather!! :lol:

Social source share

i'm still waiting for some from last xmas from the states, mostly post is fairly reliable from the states even at this time of year,

it's when it reaches mount pleasant delays start to happen,

i bought one from essex last week that hasen't arrived yet although he said he waded through the snow to post it,

i guess if people say they have posted items you have to take there word for it, for a while anyway,

joe.

Social source share

i'm still waiting for some from last xmas from the states, mostly post is fairly reliable from the states even at this time of year,

it's when it reaches mount pleasant delays start to happen,

i bought one from essex last week that hasen't arrived yet although he said he waded through the snow to post it,

i guess if people say they have posted items you have to take there word for it, for a while anyway,

joe.

i'm 110% certain these records are posted they are just taking too long :lol:

Social source share

how long are people waiting for 45s from the states. the post here seems to be realy slow just now.

got one that was posted 21/11 in USA that still isn't with me.

anybody got any longer than that ?

Still waiting for one from Germany that was posted on the 9th November.

Royal Mail have a critical backlog of over half a million parcel items in my region, that pre dates any of the snowfall. Plus the fact I've had no mail delivered at all since 29th November. Where's it all going??

Andy

Social source share

Still waiting for one from Germany that was posted on the 9th November.

Royal Mail have a critical backlog of over half a million parcel items in my region, that pre dates any of the snowfall. Plus the fact I've had no mail delivered at all since 29th November. Where's it all going??

Andy

Thats Unusual!! They Always Seem To Get The Bills Out No Matter What Delays They Have!! :lol:

Social source share

Thats Unusual!! They Always Seem To Get The Bills Out No Matter What Delays They Have!! :lol:

Yes they do don't they.

Seriously though I'm beginning to worry as i know at least 5 items have been posted to me(not all records) and when I've been to the delivery office they go to look and come back and say there isn't anything for me.

Anybody on here work for Royal Mail that can help me out?

Andy

Edited by ronjon
Social source share

Yes they do don't they.

Seriously though I'm beginning to worry as i know at least 5 items have been posted to me(not all records) and when I've been to the delivery office they go to look and come back and say there isn't anything for me.

Andy

The Biggest Problem With This Is When Parcels Are Left Lying Around Thats When The Damage Occurs!! I Do Hope You Get Them Soon Atb John. :D:lol:

Edited by mrtag
Social source share

Guest the fifer

Yes they do don't they.

Andy

Hi Andy

I work for Royal Mail at Gatwick Mail Centre the backlog of mail this week has been unbelievable it's always our busiest time of year but the weather over the last week or two has caused mayhem. Just a case of being patient i'm afraid.

Foreign mail will have been delayed last week as a lot of freight flights were cancelled.

Derek

Social source share

Hi Andy

I work for Royal Mail at Gatwick Mail Centre the backlog of mail this week has been unbelievable it's always our busiest time of year but the weather over the last week or two has caused mayhem. Just a case of being patient i'm afraid.

Foreign mail will have been delayed last week as a lot of freight flights were cancelled.

Derek

Thats Probabley Why Seb In Sweden Got His Record And The Lads Over Here Haven't Got Theres Yet!! The Swedish Are Obviously Better Equipped for this Kind Of Weather :lol:

Social source share

I am waiting for items that were posted on the 25th from the States still not arrived, but yet, I have received one today that was posted on the 30th. I also have about another six items posted to me from UK over ten days ago.

The postman has made no attempt to get to us for at least 10 days and the few things that are now getting through are mainly the junk mail items that go straight in the bin.

Admitedly we are in one of the worst hit areas (South Yorkshire) but if I can get my Wife's car Daughters car plus myself up the road why cant the Royal mail get a van down, tried ringing the local office but it goes straight to a message...

Rant over......for now.....

Social source share

I am waiting for items that were posted on the 25th from the States still not arrived, but yet, I have received one today that was posted on the 30th. I also have about another six items posted to me from UK over ten days ago.

The postman has made no attempt to get to us for at least 10 days and the few things that are now getting through are mainly the junk mail items that go straight in the bin.

Admitedly we are in one of the worst hit areas (South Yorkshire) but if I can get my Wife's car Daughters car plus myself up the road why cant the Royal mail get a van down, tried ringing the local office but it goes straight to a message...

Rant over......for now.....

Hi Steve

Yes I'm in your region also (Chesterfield) and I believe that's where the biggest backlog of items is.

Andy

Social source share

Hi Andy

Derek

It may be just a question of being patient Derek same as you say. I hope the backlog is cleared pretty quickly.

Thanks for replying

Andy

Social source share

Had some recent wins from the States quite quickly, may be wrong but thinking first in last out regarding backlog.

Rather than rotation depending on date. Similar happened last year if I recall.

Last year ALL turned up in the end, it's the not knowing on the expensive / elusive stuff that hurts.

One from 01/12/10 has recently arrived from U.S.A. whereas I'm still waiting for one from 26/11/10 from a reputable dealer in the States.

Social source share

Had some recent wins from the States quite quickly, may be wrong but thinking first in last out regarding backlog.

Last year ALL turned up in the end, it's the not knowing on the expensive / elusive stuff that hurts.

One from 01/12/10 has recently arrived from U.S.A. whereas I'm still waiting for one from 26/11/10 from a reputable dealer in the States.

Yeah thats what i was thinking, just skimming off the top of the pile at the moment. I am sure everything will turn up in the end, and I am a very patient guy.

It's just a bit annoying when you see everyone getting around and going to work. But no postal workers !!!!!!!

Social source share

I sent a cheque up to Scotland Monday for a record which still has not arrived the seller sent the record same day as he knew there would be problems with the post and it's not landed yet, bit of snow in this country and everything comes to a standstill, not worried too much as things should get back to normal now as the snow has melted, must praise our post lady as she was still on her delivery well into late afternoon all this week but it's right that the bills seem to get through before important stuff like records lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I sent a cheque up to Scotland Monday for a record which still has not arrived the seller sent the record same day as he knew there would be problems with the post and it's not landed yet, bit of snow in this country and everything comes to a standstill, not worried too much as things should get back to normal now as the snow has melted, must praise our post lady as she was still on her delivery well into late afternoon all this week but it's right that the bills seem to get through before important stuff like records lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Exactly Mark I'm In No Big Hurry For The Bills They Can Come End Of January Or Feb But I Want My Records NOW!! :D:lol::ohmy:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

i'm 110% certain these records are posted they are just taking too long :lol:

I had a package arrive in 5 days from Ohio, what value is your item?

Royal employ extra staff this time of the year, however not as simple with the custom and excise at Mount Pleasant, High volumes passing through plus stricter vetting. plus the moving of that unit to langley in berkshire in the new year

Of course as highlight if you live in a snow affected region there are postal delays, Royal Mail has affected area's on it's website, though the information isn't the best

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Buisness post goes through automated sorting machines, downstream access is supplied to Royal Mail Postcode sorted, it will always travel through the system at a faster rate than manual sorted items, probally not what you wanted to hear, but just an explaination as to why

Social source share

Royal employ extra staff this time of the year, however not as simple with the custom and excise at Mount Pleasant, High volumes passing through plus stricter vetting. plus the moving of that unit to langley in berkshire in the new year

Of course as highlight if you live in a snow affected region there are postal delays, Royal Mail has affected area's on it's website, though the information isn't the best

one from 26/11/10 from a reputable dealer in the States.

The record from the States arrived this morning & has a "Royal Mail Mount Pleasant Customs" Stamp 10 DEC 2010

Social source share

its not so much the value of 1 item I think i'm now waiting on 6 packages.... :hatsoff2:

no mega money things individually but the total added up would be a bit.

the jades on poncello arrived today biggrin.gif and it was a very good price.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

its not so much the value of 1 item I think i'm now waiting on 6 packages.... :hatsoff2:

no mega money things individually but the total added up would be a bit.

the jades on poncello arrived today biggrin.gif and it was a very good price.

As most know, ebay US has reminded users that it is law they declare actual value of items on customs declarations, high value items attract import charges and slows up delivery as charges have to be paid in advance

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mail in Scotland has been stuck there since the snow started and mail going to Scotland is stuck at the railhead terminal at Doncaster but now we have a bit of a thaw it should start moving thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert